• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a better way?

Looking to sell T-shirts. I will be stocking a variety of Designs and Shirts in multiple sizes/colors 'SEPARATELY' (i.e. stack of Designs, and stacks of Shirts, NOT stacks of Shirts with designs already on them), and need OSC to track inventory on the designs and on the shirts.

I was looking to use Bundled Products to combine the Design and the T in the appropreate size/color, and Master Products to display them on the same page. I've installed each separatly, and each DOES work on its own, but I cannot seem to get them to work together. I have given many hours of work, but, still being a newbie, it is apprently beyond me. Whats more, multiple posts to this forum have not resulted in anyone that has experience with this combination.

Here is my Question:

Is there a better Mod, or contribution of Mods that will accomplish what I am wanting to do?

Sterling (a.k.a. DailyLunatic)

Useful Threads: Basics for Design.

Useful URL's: Knowledge Base, SQL Tutorial,

My Setup: Master Products v1.2, Need help installing Bundled Products v1.4.

Looking to sell T-shirts. I will be stocking a variety of Designs and Shirts in multiple sizes/colors 'SEPARATELY' (i.e. stack of Designs, and stacks of Shirts, NOT stacks of Shirts with designs already on them), and need OSC to track inventory on the designs and on the shirts.

I was looking to use Bundled Products to combine the Design and the T in the appropreate size/color, and Master Products to display them on the same page. I've installed each separatly, and each DOES work on its own, but I cannot seem to get them to work together. I have given many hours of work, but, still being a newbie, it is apprently beyond me. Whats more, multiple posts to this forum have not resulted in anyone that has experience with this combination.

Here is my Question:

Is there a better Mod, or contribution of Mods that will accomplish what I am wanting to do?

Have you looked at QTpro?

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Have you looked at QTpro?

Iggy

Yes, looks like a different way of presenting the options on one page, but (as I understand it) does not address combining/tracking the blank shirt or the design. If I had the designs 'on' the shirts already it would be an elegant solution. Do you know if QTpro will work in combination with Bundled Products?

My problem is that I do not have one product, I have two products, a 'blank' shirt & a transfer design, that I will be combining 'after' the sale. (It's my understanding a fair number of t-shirt vendors do it this way, so it can't be THAT weird.) That combination needs to be displayed on one page and with sizing and color options.

Example: (assume Qty 1 ea)

Design - Skull Transfer, Butterfly Transfer

Shirts - Black in s, m, l - White in s, m, l

So, in the example I have 2 transfers (1 ea of two designs), and 6 shirts (1 ea in multiple sizes and colors).

I need it displayed by design with all sizes/colors on one page.

When, for instance, I sell the Skull in a Black Large I want the database to reflect that I now have 0 skull transfers, 0 Black Large shirts and 1 ea of the rest. I don't want someone else buying a Skull in a White Med even though I have the shirt. I also don't want someone buying the Butterfly in a Black Large even though I have the transfer. (Hope all thats clear :thumbsup: )

How would QTpro handle the above?

As I understand it QTpro would want to know what color, size, and qty were available for the Skull as though it were already applied to the shirt and would then prevent me from using the shirts assigned to Skull to any other design. Correct?

Yes, looks like a different way of presenting the options on one page, but (as I understand it) does not address combining/tracking the blank shirt or the design. If I had the designs 'on' the shirts already it would be an elegant solution. Do you know if QTpro will work in combination with Bundled Products?

My problem is that I do not have one product, I have two products, a 'blank' shirt & a transfer design, that I will be combining 'after' the sale. (It's my understanding a fair number of t-shirt vendors do it this way, so it can't be THAT weird.) That combination needs to be displayed on one page and with sizing and color options.

Example: (assume Qty 1 ea)

Design - Skull Transfer, Butterfly Transfer

Shirts - Black in s, m, l - White in s, m, l

So, in the example I have 2 transfers (1 ea of two designs), and 6 shirts (1 ea in multiple sizes and colors).

Ahhh, well, as individual products no QTpro won't do that. BUT if the design and shirts are attributes of a phantom product (You make a skull shirt with no stock tracking) then, yes, I think it would do the trick.

I need it displayed by design with all sizes/colors on one page.

When, for instance, I sell the Skull in a Black Large I want the database to reflect that I now have 0 skull transfers, 0 Black Large shirts and 1 ea of the rest. I don't want someone else buying a Skull in a White Med even though I have the shirt. I also don't want someone buying the Butterfly in a Black Large even though I have the transfer. (Hope all thats clear :thumbsup: )

How would QTpro handle the above?

As I understand it QTpro would want to know what color, size, and qty were available for the Skull as though it were already applied to the shirt and would then prevent me from using the shirts assigned to Skull to any other design. Correct?

Nope, QTpro just does attribute stock tracking and if the skull and shirts and their sizes/colors are attributes it won't care.

To really make it go I think you would probably have just one product (shirt) with all the combos of attributes available.

Whether you can merge it into Bundled Products effectively I'm not sure. Never tried that. :)

HTH,

Iggy

Edited by Iggy

Ahhh, well, as individual products no QTpro won't do that. BUT if the design and shirts are attributes of a phantom product (You make a skull shirt with no stock tracking) then, yes, I think it would do the trick.

First I've heard of Phantoms in OSC. I use them at work though and did not know that OSC had them. Can you point me to any place that I can learn more? Did a brief search but only came across references to phantom as a problem.

First I've heard of Phantoms in OSC. I use them at work though and did not know that OSC had them. Can you point me to any place that I can learn more? Did a brief search but only came across references to phantom as a problem.

Oh, no, I mean phantom as in a product that doesn't really exist (0 price perhaps).

I can see where it opens it's own can of worms to do it that way (you'll need attribute weights to get shipping numbers for instance).

Iggy

Whether you can merge it into Bundled Products effectively I'm not sure. Never tried that. :)

There are conflicts in 3 different places that prevents this from working out of the box. I'm having this problem myself (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=253378). If the problem with the stock tracking can effectively sorted in those 3 places it should work just fine.

Regards

/Martin

Here is my Question:

OK, so I'm back to the original question. Anyone have a solution to the above.

OK, so I'm back to the original question. Anyone have a solution to the above.

Seems that's no. With QTpro you'd do something like this with all your real products being attributes.

attatt.gif

Imagine these attributes are all yours though.

Iggy

Seems that's no. With QTpro you'd do something like this with all your real products being attributes.

Imagine these attributes are all yours though.

Yeah, I got it. QTpro does 'not' do what I need. Looking for other options that may.

Here is my Question:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem: I sell Crystal Blocks, with images engraved inside. (I engrave them myself)

I AM using QTPro, along with other contrib's and work like this:

- I made "standard" products (blocks shapes in my case, T-shirt colors in yours) as Iggy suggested, and added Attribute-options (Image and/or text in my case, Print-Design in yours)

- For the different shirt sizes, you'll have to add those as standard products too. (I did this for every size and shape of Crystal I have, instead of (what you and I would prefer, a dropdown with sizes)

- Then added the Contrib "UltraPics" to show some examples on the product's page (different designs, Skull and Butterfly)

You'll have quite a boring list of products (each size/color combination is a product) and the option to add different example pictures (different designs) with each product.

Customers look for the preferred size and color, and can choose the design on the product Page.

You can now track stock on all the Shirts (which was important with my store, as I have osCommerce linked with my Accounting Software (osFinancials))

And you should be able (I only have digital Attribute-options) to track the Designs through Attribute tracking.

This works for me, although not ideal...

What would REALLY do it, is being able to use "Phantom" or invisible products as Attributes (so they can be dropped down as an option on another product)

Greetings,

Zappo

Like Eek said... It never hurts to help!
----------------------------------------