• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

separate pricing per state

pauldid

I have a rather unique problem where our state, Washington, charges a flat tax of $0.50 on each cigar sold in-state on top of the sales tax. So we need to be able to charge our in-state customers this tax. I was looking for a way to do this with the taxing functions of OSC but then I found SPPC and figured it might be a better solution to use.

So what I was thinking was that there might be a way to mod SPPC to check what state a customer is from and then display the retail pricing if they are not from Washington, but show the higher prices that include the cigar tax to them if they are in WA state. Could someone help me out with this? I have never used SPPC before so I will be starting from scratch and this will be implemented on a new OSC store with only a few visual tweaks and the Minimum_Order mod added.

thanks in advance,