• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Template Monster template faulty - category merging

murano

Do you think I'm better off getting someone to create the template in CSS, and use that STS to do my own store?

The one I bought is pretty simple:

http://www.templates.com/new/preview/oscommerce-templates/ot-1059.html?page=202356

Logo up top, menu,

big image, which I've changed anyways

3 images below that, which I've changed.

Then just a simple two column layout with footer.

Or should I try to make this one work?

I don't want to put a buncho f time into the template or pay someone to do work on it and in the end it's still garbage

Do you think I'm better off getting someone to create the template in CSS, and use that STS to do my own store?

The one I bought is pretty simple:

http://www.templates.com/new/preview/oscommerce-templates/ot-1059.html?page=202356

Logo up top, menu,

big image, which I've changed anyways

3 images below that, which I've changed.

Then just a simple two column layout with footer.

Or should I try to make this one work?

I don't want to put a buncho f time into the template or pay someone to do work on it and in the end it's still garbage

Hey,

you can make this one works just fine.

Also - I have to revise part of my opinion about TM - 2 days ago, I went to their support, because I could not figure out how to get a new flash header going, since the one that came with the template was aweful.

At first, I was told, oh well you have to pay for customization [$99.00] - that's when I blew my top and told them that $140 was plenty for an outdated code template, and I will report them to the BB for false advertising.

The tune changed immediately, got referred to their tech support team, filled out my info -

and oh - wonder, within ca 4 hours I already had a tech support guy answer my ticket, declaring they will do whatever it takes to fix it.

Which they did in conjunction what I had already done before.

Looks pretty good right, just need to get the image popup to change to pretty photo or lightbox. Take a look, I did some css modifications also, shifted a few things around, with no problem.

http://mng4green.com/shop/

Looking at your template, you are right, its not very complicated. You should be just fine keeping it, and make your modifications.

Good luck with it. If you run into serious trouble with it, just post here, am glad to help you a bit.

I see that I am not the only one to discover the woes of Template monster. I purchased a template from them ...you know the routine...Missing files all over. I paid through Paypal and I have now opened a claim against them. The FREE web hosting site they are offering when you purchase a template is a complete scam. It is based in China with false phone numbers and fake emails. when I tried to sign up with the site , it gave an error code...sent in a claim ticket and was told wait was 18 minutes that turned into 26 hours. awesome ?!I was smart enough to look up that company's BBB report which is terrible. Before you say Bree why didn't you do that for Template Monster...well I did....I looked up online reviews ...BTW most are fake. Sigh....The best part though I think is that I opened a claim against them and they locked me out of my Template. ( I Dl'd it already) Saying I am under investigation..seriously? don't use this company and be very careful of any 'like this....they get offer a service to upload your template for you if you have problems...cost lots of money...I think you get where I am going with that...

Best of luck to all....Bree