• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Availability

surfalot

Hello surfalot, thank you for the quick reply. I've made the mods and now I have the flags showing up, but the problem still remains. I want to mention that I have the OSC M2 installed. I know that there are a few variable incompatibilities between M2 and RC2. Might this be the problem?

edit1.gif

Thank you.

Best regards.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that didn't show anything. There is something wrong with the php on your server. near the bottom of /admin/availability_options.php

replace this

if ( (sizeof($heading) > 0) && (sizeof($contents) > 0) ) {
echo '			<td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;
echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '			</td>' . "\n";
 }

with this:

echo '			<td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;
echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '			</td>' . "\n";

• 1 month later...

HELLLLLP!!!

After a while, I could install and make all the stuff to work. It seems to be really good, but...

my problem is:

- in product info page (product_info.php) I can only see: "Availability: " . There is nothing write after the "availability"...

I have already tried:

- delete the availability itens (available, made to order, etc) and create new ones

- set the language

- create new product and define the mensages I want to see in both the cases (in stock and out of stock)

PLEASE, what should I do???

Thanks

how many languages are in your shop?

Find this in product_info.php:

$availability_query = tep_db_query("select * from ".TABLE_AVAILABILITY." where language_id = " . $languages_id . " order by availability_id");

after, add this temporarily, load the product_info.php page from your browser. Then copy and post the text it displays that starts with "select * from" and "number of rows".

echo '<br><br>' . "select * from ".TABLE_AVAILABILITY." where language_id = " . $languages_id . " order by availability_id";
echo '<br>number of rows=' . tep_db_num_rows($availability_query);
exit:

remove the code.

how many languages are in your shop?

Find this in product_info.php:

$availability_query = tep_db_query("select * from ".TABLE_AVAILABILITY." where language_id = " . $languages_id . " order by availability_id");

after, add this temporarily, load the product_info.php page from your browser. Then copy and post the text it displays that starts with "select * from" and "number of rows".

echo '<br><br>' . "select * from ".TABLE_AVAILABILITY." where language_id = " . $languages_id . " order by availability_id";
echo '<br>number of rows=' . tep_db_num_rows($availability_query);
exit:

remove the code.

Hello,

I have this problem, too

It wouldn't work with your code :((

I have 4 languages in my shop and the first is german not english. Maybe the problem?

When I write in my SQL-DB the language ID '1' (german) ---> then the DB overwrite in '2'?!

In admin/categories I see all flags, datas right! But in the shop, in the product-info and shopping-cart, I see only in german language the datas, but not in the other 3 languages :(

Pleeeaaaase help me and the other users here on board, they have the same problem

And: Sorry for my baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad english ;)

fairy

Hello,

I have this problem, too

It wouldn't work with your code :((

I have 4 languages in my shop and the first is german not english. Maybe the problem?

When I write in my SQL-DB the language ID '1' (german) ---> then the DB overwrite in '2'?!

In admin/categories I see all flags, datas right! But in the shop, in the product-info and shopping-cart, I see only in german language the datas, but not in the other 3 languages :(

Pleeeaaaase help me and the other users here on board, they have the same problem

And: Sorry for my baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad english ;)

fairy

I have the answer!

show under:

http://forums.oscommerce.de/index.php?s=&a...st&p=322986

it is in german, because my english isn't so good ;)

if somebody translated here my text in English, this would be great :)

greetz

Wow, that wasn't very helpful at all. I still don't know what the problem is, and since nobody is willing to follow though with helping me help you track it down, I guess it just won't get fixed. <_< Works fine for me, I guess that is all that matters, ay?

Hello Guys,

thanks for this nice contribute.

The contribute works fine. But if I would like to press the button „configurer” it shows me the line below.

Warning: require_once(languages/german/availability_configurer.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /is/htdocs/xxxxxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/includes/availability_configurer.php on line 27

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'languages/german/availability_configurer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/php5') in /is/htdocs//xxxxxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/includes/availability_configurer.php on line 27

Well in the file availability_configurer.php line 27 shows:

27 require('includes/application_top.php');

The file application_top.php is at the right place.

Someone have an idea to solve this error?

Thanks!

Hello Guys,

thanks for this nice contribute.

The contribute works fine. But if I would like to press the button „configurer” it shows me the line below.

Warning: require_once(languages/german/availability_configurer.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /is/htdocs/xxxxxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/includes/availability_configurer.php on line 27

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'languages/german/availability_configurer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/php5') in /is/htdocs//xxxxxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/includes/availability_configurer.php on line 27

Well in the file availability_configurer.php line 27 shows:

27 require('includes/application_top.php');

The file application_top.php is at the right place.

Someone have an idea to solve this error?

Thanks!

that is because the language files are supplied only in english. I may have forgotten the instruction in the install directions, but any time you install a contribution, and it includes a language file or changes to a language file, it is up to you to make sure those change/additions get pushed to all the languages you have installed and use.

So anything added by this contribution that resides in /catalog/includes/languages/english/ or /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/ or /catalog/includes/languages/english.php or /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php should be also added to your /german/ folders and files.

that is because the language files are supplied only in english. I may have forgotten the instruction in the install directions, but any time you install a contribution, and it includes a language file or changes to a language file, it is up to you to make sure those change/additions get pushed to all the languages you have installed and use.

So anything added by this contribution that resides in /catalog/includes/languages/english/ or /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/ or /catalog/includes/languages/english.php or /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php should be also added to your /german/ folders and files.

thanks for request.

mmmhh, I've translated all language files in german language. But I've forgotten to add the files in german directory later.

I will add the german files to the contribution.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Everything work for me, except when i go to the Admin > Catalog > Availability and tried to edit or add the options.

I do not get the right column section.

I'm sure it is simple... but can't find it :(

Hi,

Everything work for me, except when i go to the Admin > Catalog > Availability and tried to edit or add the options.

I do not get the right column section.

I'm sure it is simple... but can't find it :(

That is not the first I've heard of that. The only thing I can think of right now is that maybe you haven't modified or uploaded the languages files into the language that is being used currently in the admin.

• 5 months later...

Hi!

I appreciated this contrib as it solved many problems I was facing.

I'd like to know how to make the "Availability" tex in red color and bigger font, and leave the messages as they are...even thought it would be nice to know how to change them too.

Thank you.

I'd like to know how to make the "Availability" tex in red color and bigger font, and leave the messages as they are

you can put html tags in the text like this

<font color="red" size="3">Ships 3 days from order date</font>

even thought it would be nice to know how to change them too.

if installed correctly, there is a utility that should be under the Admin > Catalog > Availability that you can change the text. there should be link in the product edit page to the utility also.

Edited by surfalot

you can put html tags in the text like this
<font color="red" size="3">Ships 3 days from order date</font>

if installed correctly, there is a utility that should be under the Admin > Catalog > Availability that you can change the text. there should be link in the product edit page to the utility also.

Hello and thx for stopping by.

I was considering the "Availability" text only and not the edited text.

Hello and thx for stopping by.

I was considering the "Availability" text only and not the edited text.

I don't understand, is there still an issue?

I don't understand, is there still an issue?

With the code you pasted you will change the availability text.

I was asking about writing AVAILABILITY: in different color too.

With the code you pasted you will change the availability text.

I was asking about writing AVAILABILITY: in different color too.

you can change the title word in the language files:

/catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

\catalog/includes/languages/english/shopping_cart.php

and any other languages you have edited to include this.

look for

// BOF: Availability
define('TABLE_HEADING_AVAILABILITY', 'Availability:');
// EOF: Availability

That is not the first I've heard of that. The only thing I can think of right now is that maybe you haven't modified or uploaded the languages files into the language that is being used currently in the admin.

Thank you for the contribution!

Everything works great on my local server but on the website, problem showing right column section at Admin > Catalog > Availability. when I hit the button edit or add the options. I do not get the right column section

I've updated exactly same files to website. Check the files several times.. just weird. Both local and website are using Mysql5.0, PHP5. Help! Thank you.

Thank you for the contribution!

Everything works great on my local server but on the website, problem showing right column section at Admin > Catalog > Availability. when I hit the button edit or add the options. I do not get the right column section

I've updated exactly same files to website. Check the files several times.. just weird. Both local and website are using Mysql5.0, PHP5. Help! Thank you.

are you using the admin in a language other then english? if so, have you copied the language file(s) and any changes to the global english.php to each of the other languages you use on the admin side?

are you using the admin in a language other then english? if so, have you copied the language file(s) and any changes to the global english.php to each of the other languages you use on the admin side?

I'm using only english setting. copied the language files and also made changes to the global english.php

Basically it works great on local server but not showing right column on the website. My only option would be using phpMyAdmin..

Thank you for your help.

I'm using only english setting. copied the language files and also made changes to the global english.php

Basically it works great on local server but not showing right column on the website. My only option would be using phpMyAdmin..

Thank you for your help.

are you absolutely certain those English language files actually got uploaded?

Do you have Admin Access Levels contribution installed? (adds multi-level multi-account access to the admin)

When you are seeing that you are missing the right column, post to me everything after the /availability_options.php? part of the URL in the address bar of your browser.

EX: page=1&action=new&osCAdminID=d1f3fbd898ecbfa46f0fa5da389e25b3

Edited by surfalot

are you absolutely certain those English language files actually got uploaded?

Do you have Admin Access Levels contribution installed? (adds multi-level multi-account access to the admin)

When you are seeing that you are missing the right column, post to me everything after the /availability_options.php? part of the URL in the address bar of your browser.

EX: page=1&action=new&osCAdminID=d1f3fbd898ecbfa46f0fa5da389e25b3

I've uploaded all those English language files. I don't have Admin Access Levels contribution but I have Administration Login Management for login password.

Here is the URL address bar

/availability_options.php?page=1&aID=2&lID=1&action=edit

exactly same as my local site URL address bar

Thank you for all your time.

I've uploaded all those English language files. I don't have Admin Access Levels contribution but I have Administration Login Management for login password.

Here is the URL address bar

/availability_options.php?page=1&aID=2&lID=1&action=edit

exactly same as my local site URL address bar

Thank you for all your time.

I'm sorry, I just can't come up with a reason why the right column would disappear. It should at least show the default stuff there.