• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product attributes

zefeena

I want all my products to have an indivdual code which shows on the packing slip when a customer places an order. If i have a product whihc is available in 3 different sizes each different sized item will have a code. These are generally manufacturers given codes and it just makes finding them a little easier. for example currently i have 4 differntly sized tape makers on my site (& not much more) and each one needs a differnt number, but i seem only able to add a model number whihc is the same for all. site is www.corsetmaking.co.uk if that helps.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Is this possible at all???

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I've looked up in knowledge bas on how to do this

New/Editing Products

Figure 2 shows the Products Edit General listing page under the Admin>Catalog>Products>Edit>General section.

But when i go to Admin>Catalog

I only get the option of Categories / Products

Categories / Products Search:

Go To: TopWorkroom

Categories / Products Status Action

and i don't get general section etc - i presume i'm doing something wrong???

I'm trying to find:

Admin>Catalog>Products>Edit>Data section.

as per KB - http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...ool/Catalog/147

Do i need some add-on module or something - cos this doesn't seem to be on my site

Hi, that seems to be something like what i want, but all i seem to be doing is clicking in circles and getting the same info - how do i 'download the contribution' dand 'install' it - if that's waht i'm supposed to do - not a clue with any of this so really in the dark

Download the zip file (click the little brown and green icon over on the right). Extract the files. Follow the installation instructions contained within (often called README.txt or INSTALL.txt)

thank you very very much :) - (i know it may seem all so obvious to you people)

Well folled all instructions, and colums for suffix and order have appeared , but when i try to enter a code i get this error message - very worried now incase i messed everything up!

1054 - Unknown column 'code_suffix' in 'field list'

update products_attributes set products_id = '28', options_id = '2', options_values_id = '1', code_suffix = '1', suffix_sort_order = '1', options_values_price = '0.0000', price_prefix = '+' where products_attributes_id = '29'

very worried now incase i messed everything up!

Which is why you made a complete backup of your files and database before you began work....?

That column is missing from your database. There should have been some SQL in the zip for you to run on your database that will add it.

Which is why you made a complete backup of your files and database before you began work....?

That column is missing from your database. There should have been some SQL in the zip for you to run on your database that will add it.

Ther doesn't appear to be any SQL in the zip and no mention iint he instruction how you would run the code - and no i have no backup as i haven't a clue how to do that! i've very much a beginner to everything here - just bolshy enough to jump in and have a go!

You must read the install instructions thoroughly. Down at the bottom is the SQL you require:

In your database run the following SQL Statements

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `code_suffix` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `options_values_id`;

ALTER TABLE `orders_products_attributes` ADD `code_suffix` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `products_options_values`;

ALTER TABLE `orders_products` ADD `products_code` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `products_model`;

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `suffix_sort_order` int(11) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `code_suffix`;

Can someone provide me a link to the much needed code, else i can proceed no further!!!

I just did. See post above.

Thank you, now i shall try that as soon as i figure out how to run an SQL statement - not the foggiest what that means !

Hi, thank you. i have a control panel called (i think) cpanel 10 - and i can't see php admin on it. this is a different server to the one i'm used to, i though that both servers were using cpanel but my other one is different and i know where the phpadmin is on that one - but the one with my oscommerce on - well it's either not there or it's well hidden - could it be i have to ask for it to be installed or something.

Well Jason, I've sorted it - all done. thrilled to pieces it's all working - thank you for all your help (and patience!) couldn't have done it without you. i owe you a drink or two!

Archived