• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What's new here?

kudviss

Hi, I'd like to remove What's new here in the pages and replace it with a .gif , can any one please tell me how to do so ?

I'd like also to put an image in the column right below Currencies box.

Thank you and kind regards,

I strongly suggest you install STS - Simple Template System, as what your asking is a doddle with this. You can download it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

There is a way. It would be good if you had a php editor it makes it easier to view the lines. you can try a free version of php designer if it helps.

The page you want to edit is catalog/index.php

near the bottom of the page, around line 277 you will find this code

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

between the <?php and echo insert two forward slashes like this:

<td><?php //echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

a little lower on the page around 290 you will find:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

using the double slash change to this:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php //echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php //echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, 
HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

It really depends on what you want to have disapear. Below are a few more lines you can edit by adding the double forward slash // just before the echo. You will see them as you continue down the customer/index.php page

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

For me, making these changes pulled the text, or images I have on the catalog/includes/english/index.php page strait up to the top level with both the right and left column.

Be sure to back up your index.php page. And only do one line at a time. That way you can easily detect where an error has been made. an it can be easily corrected.

As for your picture below currencies, I have never done it. but I am sure it can be done. You might like to try looking in the knowledge base for adding back ground images. or adding images to boxes.

I hope this has been helpful.

Nancy :D

Thank you everyone, In fact i do want to install STS because i am afraid i will do something wrong with my current template especially when i opened the STS contribution the huge number of files to modify made me afraid. I prefer do it in a classical way, i will try to do what Nancy proposed.

Regards,

Nancy, thank you so much for your help, you are idea worked perfectly.. :) I would be happy if someone tell me how to add an image to the right column

I'm not really sure, but if you go to the knowledge base it will tell you how to configure a box so you can give it its own unique look using the stylesheet.css I think if you set up the box you want to ad an image to, you might be able to set an image background instead of a #000000 colour backgroud.

Alter Box Styles

If you need help figuring out how to add an image to a box there is another tutorial on adding images to the box headings.

Add Image to Box Headings

Give those two a read, and see if it helps give you an idea how to, and don't forget to back up your files before fiddling :D hehe ( don't pull a me ) :P

Nancy :D