osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

Did a test order:

3x items of 12.99 kg weight.

1x item of 16.2kg weight.

10% for packaging added.

What I then get is three boxes of 14.289kg each, and one box of 17.82kg.

For the test, I did Melbourne to Sydney.

$9.05 base price per box, plus $0.70 per kg, always rounded up.

= $36.20 base price + $44.10 for the weight, = $80.30.

This was calculated manually.

What osCommerce gives me is $81 - in calculating it using the method it does it ends up with an extra kg in that order, because it adds all of the boxes together and then divides by the number of boxes, in this case giving a result of 15.171765kg per box, which gives $44.80 for the weight, ending up with an incorrect result.

Unfortunately it seems like a rather difficult process to actually implement a method of getting the correct price, and given that it doesn't seem like it will ever be more than one kilogram out, I don't think I care either.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read through this thread from the start and just want to say thanks to those who have posted solutions to other people's problems. Also thanks to those who have posted solutions to their own problems after working them out.

I downloaded about 5 different versions and did about 5 hours of test purchases before I found any happiness at all.... and still going. My only suggesting is to people who don't want to risk messing up their live site is to set up a new osCommerce site on its own databae and work out exactly what you have to do with an addon before adding it to you live site.

In addition to the domestic modules, I was planning to use only the "Express Post International".

It seems like the austpost modules don't match. Do any of the modules calculate this rate?

I'm sure all you Aussies are familiar with the options but just in case, see for yourself.......

http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/pdfs/PostCharges.pdf

the international parcel option are

1-parcel

2-Express Post International

3-Express Courier International

the international parcel option are

1-parcel

2-Express Post International

3-Express Courier International

Correction,

for international parcels the options are

1-Seamail

2-Airmail

3-Registered

4-Express

5-Express Courier

I've checked out the edeliver site and they only have service_type for sea and air. Does anyone know the service_type for international express and international registered?