osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For an item getting shipped to Ireland via Air Mail on AusPost.com.au it is $20 (between 500g - 1kg). But on my store, it is $80 with weight: 400g and dimensions 5cm x 5cm x 5cm. Why is this? Is there a way to fix it?

You can see for yourself at: http://www.operation513.com/shop/

Thanks.

Is your weight specified in kg (0.4) and the dimensions in mm (50 mm)?

Yep, they are in the correct formats.

I suppose that in admin shipping/packaging that you have changed the tare weight from the default of 3?

I added a zone rate for Ireland, and it is coming back saying the weight is 3.4 lb(s). But I can't see how that could be possible when each item's weight is set to: 0.20 kg and the order is for only 2 items. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I added a zone rate for Ireland, and it is coming back saying the weight is 3.4 lb(s). But I can't see how that could be possible when each item's weight is set to: 0.20 kg and the order is for only 2 items. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Yet, the AusPost shipping options only say the weight is: 0.4kg(s)

Nope, it is still set as 3.

That means that the drc is calculating 3.4 kgs. As is your zone rate.

You should set the tare weight to the weight of your packaging, or to 0.

Edited by Coopco

Thank you!! That fixed it. :)

Excellent. Out of curiosity, which version of the aust shipping module did you install (just so other readers know what is currently working)?

Excellent. Out of curiosity, which version of the aust shipping module did you install (just so other readers know what is currently working)?

v3.0.1 July 1st 2007. This Australia Post module came pre-installed with the installation of OsCommerce I installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Questions for you guys about the AusPost.

There are eight different modules for the AusPost

Parcel Post, Express Parcel Post, International Air, Internation Sea. Parcel Post (insurance), Express Parcel Post (insurance), International Air (insurance) and Internation Sea (insurance).

I did check with the Australia Post and they do not offer insurance for Express Parcel nor a signature for receipt ...is it true?

Questions for you guys about the AusPost.

There are eight different modules for the AusPost

Parcel Post, Express Parcel Post, International Air, Internation Sea. Parcel Post (insurance), Express Parcel Post (insurance), International Air (insurance) and Internation Sea (insurance).

I did check with the Australia Post and they do not offer insurance for Express Parcel nor a signature for receipt ...is it true?

They should know what they offer. Why?

because I check with my post office..and they say no insurance to express parcel. and I charge the customer already.....

Well it is up to you to check and configure the modules.

You should make a refund to your customer.

Did they say no insurance on express parcel domestic, butthere is on international to selected destinations?

Is it possible AT ALL to get a quote for product_total > 20kgs??

Trying to use this module but modify it as we're using a different company for shipping and we require postage of up to 40kgs ... as you all know as soon as it hits 17kgs anything over gives you an error with this module :(

Is it possible AT ALL to get a quote for product_total > 20kgs??

Trying to use this module but modify it as we're using a different company for shipping and we require postage of up to 40kgs ... as you all know as soon as it hits 17kgs anything over gives you an error with this module :(

Never tried anything above 10, but Aust Post themselves only accept parcel up to 20kg (maybe 1 kg more over the counter).

17kgs? Does this mean your tare weight is 3?

Never tried anything above 10, but Aust Post themselves only accept parcel up to 20kg (maybe 1 kg more over the counter).

17kgs? Does this mean your tare weight is 3?

Yep our tare weight was set to 3 ... all good tho we found a much better suited module which we just hacked to suite our needs...thanks for your reply Leslie :)

Edited by sLaV-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all,

I am using the AustPost contrib and have selected Parcel Post and Express Parcel Post as the options which the customer can select for shipping. Problem is that only the Parcel Post option appears in the checkout page. I installed the express option and set it to enabled but it just won't appear. It says "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." on the checkout page. I have also tried installing other austpost options and they don't appear either.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks!

Danni.

Hey all,

I am using the AustPost contrib and have selected Parcel Post and Express Parcel Post as the options which the customer can select for shipping. Problem is that only the Parcel Post option appears in the checkout page. I installed the express option and set it to enabled but it just won't appear. It says "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." on the checkout page. I have also tried installing other austpost options and they don't appear either.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks!

Danni.

Try unique sort orders for each module, ensure the shipping zones are correct. The ones you mentioned are for domestic shipping and will not work for international addresses.

Found the problem. For some reason the sql install did not go as planned and so the db was missing a heap of configuration keys for Express.

Filled in the missing Inserts and all was good.

Thanks Coopco.

• 3 weeks later...
Found the problem. For some reason the sql install did not go as planned and so the db was missing a heap of configuration keys for Express.

Filled in the missing Inserts and all was good.

Thanks Coopco.

An error has been pointed out in another thread. Look here.

• 2 weeks later...
An error has been pointed out in another thread. Look here.

OK, The last two releases have been bundled in the one download, the latest release (with the probelm fixed) uses curl to call the drc, the previous release (with no problem) uses fopen to call the drc.