• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

ok, after further twiddling around. Found that the drc url is as follows: http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pi...&Quantity=2.

Tried pasting it to the browser, it returns no error message. So i suspect the problem is when we try to retrieve the information from $myfile. maybe something wrong with the splitting.

//COde snippet starts here

$url = "http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=AU&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=$sheight&Width=$swidth&Length=$slength&Quantity=$shipping_num_boxes";

$myfile = file($url);

foreach($myfile as $vals)

{

$bits = split("=", $vals);

$$bits[0] = $bits[1];

}

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently my shop will only ship within australia, so not having other option is ok for me. Anyway, for testing sake, I tried activating the flat rate option. The flat rate option works fine, but im still getting the same message for the AustPost.

Went to the product info admin page, and im not seeing any option to set the unit measurement for product weight. But i would assume its either in kg, or g.

Aust post uses kgs, so your product weights must be in kgs, eg item a weighs 2 kg, the weight is put in as 2, item b weighs 20 grams, the weight is put in as 0.02

OSC does not have any weight unit, the weight unit is just specfied as text only in some of the language files for some shipping modules.

Btw you were talking about zones. can you explain what should i do with the zones? I manually entered australian zones before I install AustPost module, can this cause any problems?

No, that should be fine.

ok, after further twiddling around. Found that the drc url is as follows: http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pi...&Quantity=2.

Tried pasting it to the browser, it returns no error message. So i suspect the problem is when we try to retrieve the information from $myfile. maybe something wrong with the splitting.

//COde snippet starts here

$url = "http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=AU&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=$sheight&Width=$swidth&Length=$slength&Quantity=$shipping_num_boxes";

$myfile = file($url);

foreach($myfile as $vals)

{

$bits = split("=", $vals);

$$bits[0] = $bits[1];

}

The drc is working via my shop. If it does not work for you, try the fix by robe4273 on the page 6 of this thread.

I am getting the same Aus Post error and I have had mine installed and working for 12 months or more. I have not made any changes so perhaps it is the server.

I've only just noticed it now, but I haven't had many orders through over the past week... hmm hope thats not why!

I am getting the same Aus Post error and I have had mine installed and working for 12 months or more. I have not made any changes so perhaps it is the server.

I've only just noticed it now, but I haven't had many orders through over the past week... hmm hope thats not why!

Maybe the webhost upgraded security and the link to the drc can no longer open?

That is probably it I reckon.

The site was moved to a new server last week and I think they were upgrading stuff...

Will send out an email and have a look.

Thanks Coopco

That is probably it I reckon.

The site was moved to a new server last week and I think they were upgrading stuff...

Will send out an email and have a look.

Thanks Coopco

If that is the case, try the later add on.

I emailed my webhost guy and he said this

"Lookup putting php url_open or similar in htaccess file as it was

turned off as a site was hacked using it serverwide"

I emailed my webhost guy and he said this

"Lookup putting php url_open or similar in htaccess file as it was

turned off as a site was hacked using it serverwide"

Gee, they could have been more helpful than that since they stopped it working.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys:

I have install the Australian Shipping Module http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/648 into my testing site After the installation, I keep having an error "ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 13 7.75" anyone have any clue?

Also want to see some example site (live store which is using the AUSPOST). Many Many thanks

My setting for AusPost Parcel Post is as follow

Enable auspost

Do you want to offer auspost?

True

Dispatch Postcode

Dispatch Postcode? 2000

Enable Insurance

Do you want to include insurance?

False

Insurance Base Cost

Cost for the first unit of insurance. Needs to be sent Registered Mail for Insurance.

Insurance Addition Cost

Cost for each addition unit of insurance over Base Cost.

Insurance Unit Size

Insurance units are based on these increments - (size in Dollars).

Maximum Weight (kg)

Maximum weight allowed by AustPost (in kg). A packaging allowance of 3 kg is allowed. EG. 20 - 3 = 17. 17 becomes cutoff point for use.

Handling Fee

Handling Fee for this shipping method

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Height (in mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Width (in mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

Parcel Depth (in mm)

Shipping Zone

If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.

Australian

Tax Class

Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.

--none--Taxable Goods

Edited by tskwok

Also want to see some example site (live store which is using the AUSPOST). Many Many thanks

An example site (live store )? My store uses it, but I would be pretty peeved if you completed an order and did not honour it (you can go as far as the payments page).

Try

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

which I know works

You did not say which version you installed.

An example site (live store )? My store uses it, but I would be pretty peeved if you completed an order and did not honour it (you can go as far as the payments page).

Try

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

which I know works

You did not say which version you installed.

..... seems not working ...

the version I install in 3.0

still no luck...

unistall the 3.00 install the 3.01 and got this error

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ' at line 8

I believe fiona has the same problem before... how she fix her problem?

still no luck...

unistall the 3.00 install the 3.01 and got this error

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ' at line 8

I believe fiona has the same problem before... how she fix her problem?

Maybe try

) TYPE=MyISAM;

I think it is mysql version dependent. Didn't you have the sql already installed?

Edited by Coopco

quick question... is it possible to see the parameters which i send to DRC? anything I can edit in the php files to see that?

Not sure what you mean. You can look in the php files with a text editor.

finally I can install the Austpost .........but still got some small problem to solve..

it cannot display the "no of days need to delivery" .

Anyway thanks for your help....... really appreciate for it.!

finally I can install the Austpost .........but still got some small problem to solve..

it cannot display the "no of days need to delivery" .

Anyway thanks for your help....... really appreciate for it.!

Are you sure, it is part of the module.

Well, I found out something today.

In shipping/packaging if you have

Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship set to the default of 50

The Aust Post modules will not display as a shipping option in checkout_shipping.

The zone rate module will not display as an option (the shipping rate cannot be determined ...)

If you change

Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship set to 20

The Aust Post modules will display as a shipping option.

The zone rate module will not display unless the table caters for up to 20.

I mean it cannot display the "no of days need to delivery" . .....it can display the text "no of days need to delivery" but not the "number"

Mine comes up with

Delivery to 3196 - 1 Days Estimated Delivery Time*

3 boxes 23kg(s) (incl $5.00 Handling)

The days estimated comes from the drc. The text Days Estimated Delivery Time* comes from the associated language file.

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_SHIPPINGDAYS', 'Days Estimated Delivery Time*');

• 2 weeks later...
Mine comes up with

Delivery to 3196 - 1 Days Estimated Delivery Time*

3 boxes 23kg(s) (incl $5.00 Handling)

The days estimated comes from the drc. The text Days Estimated Delivery Time* comes from the associated language file.

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_SHIPPINGDAYS', 'Days Estimated Delivery Time*');

If I want to run the AUSTPOST modules, do I need to turn the register globals on????