• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

I have issues with this even working , i can select all the modules in the admin , but when it comes time to show the options in the checkout , it's not there.

Any ideas?

I have ran the SQL , slected zones etc etc . Its probably something simple i am missing.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have issues with this even working , i can select all the modules in the admin , but when it comes time to show the options in the checkout , it's not there.

Any ideas?

I have ran the SQL , slected zones etc etc . Its probably something simple i am missing.

What about the other modules (payment and other shipping) do they give you any options?

Dunno if this is the right place.

I get this problem.

Warning: file(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/content/r/o/b/robotrobot/html/merchshop/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 81

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=2000&Destination_Postcode=3155&Country=AU&Weight=3000&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/content/r/o/b/robotrobot/html/merchshop/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 81

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/r/o/b/robotrobot/html/merchshop/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 82

When it gets to the point to choose type of shipping.

Not sure what to do. Thanks for your help.

'scuse the multiple posting.

I fixed my problem by editing my php.ini file and changing allow_url_fopen=off to =on.

Every site I find through google says this is often disabled for security reasons but never

lists the reasons.

Can I leave it like that? Is there a safer way for me to fix this issue?

'scuse the multiple posting.

I fixed my problem by editing my php.ini file and changing allow_url_fopen=off to =on.

Every site I find through google says this is often disabled for security reasons but never

lists the reasons.

Can I leave it like that? Is there a safer way for me to fix this issue?

The drc is working now but may have been down earlier.

If it is your server, you can leave it like that. You could try the fix by robe4273 on the previous page of this thread.

No idea what the security issue is.

Edited by Coopco

• 1 month later...

Recently having errror messages coming up re the deliver rate calculator. http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp

Contribution "http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/648"

Can any one offer a solution.

===================================

Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in d:websitesrabhobbiescomauwwwrootestorecatalogincludesmodulesshippingauspost.php on line 81

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=3195&Destination_Postcode=3007&Country=AU&Weight=1600&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=10&Width=10&Length=10&Quantity=1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in d:websitesrabhobbiescomauwwwrootestorecatalogincludesmodulesshippingauspost.php on line 81

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in d:websitesrabhobbiescomauwwwrootestorecatalogincludesmodulesshippingauspost.php on line 82

===================================

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Ren

Try this thread

Looks like your webhost deactivated the option "allow_url_fopen". It's "off" by default for security reasons.

Corrected issues with AustPOST and fopen with the application of cURL script.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/648

Read the text before ammending any thing.

Cheers

Ren

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have set up the AustPOST shipping module and everything except the calculation seems to be OK.

Using ParcelPOST as an example: An 0.39kg parcel sent from postcode 3116 > 2116 is calculated as $8.55 in osC whereas if I go to the Australia Post online calculator the result is $5.20, which I think is correct for a parcel under 500g. I also have the tare weight set to 0.00 and I have left the package sizes as the default 100 x 100 x 100

Any suggestions welcome.

Hello all,

I have set up the AustPOST shipping module and everything except the calculation seems to be OK.

Using ParcelPOST as an example: An 0.39kg parcel sent from postcode 3116 > 2116 is calculated as $8.55 in osC whereas if I go to the Australia Post online calculator the result is $5.20, which I think is correct for a parcel under 500g. I also have the tare weight set to 0.00 and I have left the package sizes as the default 100 x 100 x 100

Any suggestions welcome.

Have you included a handling fee?

Thanks for your response Leslie. No, the handling fee is set to 0.00

OK, just tested mine and it returns the correct figure. Do you have insurance set to false? If so, which version are you using?

Yes, insurance is set to false and I am using the Australian Shipping Module V3.01 (complete package). It is quite a mystery. If I set the weight to 0.38kg it returns the correct value... 0.39 seems to trip it over into the next weight category. I have installed it into my localhost and online shops and they both return the incorrect value.

Yes, insurance is set to false and I am using the Australian Shipping Module V3.01 (complete package). It is quite a mystery. If I set the weight to 0.38kg it returns the correct value... 0.39 seems to trip it over into the next weight category. I have installed it into my localhost and online shops and they both return the incorrect value.

The version is the one I am using. When my weight is .39kg or above, the correct figure is returned.

Does it say 1 boxes 0.39kg(s)?

My parcel sizes are

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

I have found the problem. In Configuration/Shipping "Large packages - percentage increase" was set to 30%.

When I set it to 0% it calculates correctly. Do you know what the "Large packages" thing is, and under what circumstances it is used in the calculation? My package size in the AustPOST module was set to the default 100 x 100 x 100 which is hardly large.

Thank you for your interest Leslie. I really appreciate it.

I have found the problem. In Configuration/Shipping "Large packages - percentage increase" was set to 30%.

When I set it to 0% it calculates correctly. Do you know what the "Large packages" thing is, and under what circumstances it is used in the calculation? My package size in the AustPOST module was set to the default 100 x 100 x 100 which is hardly large.

Thank you for your interest Leslie. I really appreciate it.

No problem Michael, we are all in the same boat.

No really sure of Large packages - percentage increase because I have not had it come into play.

My package size is one of the standard padded type bags from Aust Post.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Im having trouble with auspost. Installation went fine, but when I tried it, it gives me the following message

"

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

AusPOST Parcel Post

ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 10 13

"

Not sure what went wrong here, as the message is not detail enough to show the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Capink

Hi Guys,

Im having trouble with auspost. Installation went fine, but when I tried it, it gives me the following message

"

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

AusPOST Parcel Post

ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 10 13

"

Not sure what went wrong here, as the message is not detail enough to show the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Capink

Do you have other options?

Are the zones right?

Do all options have different sort orders?

etc

Do you have other options?

Are the zones right?

Do all options have different sort orders?

etc

Nope i dont have other options, I only have this module installed AusPOST Parcel Post. It gets the default starting sort order which is 0.

How do I check if the zones right?

Btw, I have the 3.01 version

Capink

Nope i dont have other options, I only have this module installed AusPOST Parcel Post. It gets the default starting sort order which is 0.

How do I check if the zones right?

Btw, I have the 3.01 version

Capink

Sometimes the drc is unavailable, so it pays to have a backup shipping module, even it is a flat rate.

If it is the only module, you cannot ship overseas.

Are your products weight in the product info, in kgs?

Sometimes the drc is unavailable, so it pays to have a backup shipping module, even it is a flat rate.

If it is the only module, you cannot ship overseas.

Are your products weight in the product info, in kgs?

Currently my shop will only ship within australia, so not having other option is ok for me. Anyway, for testing sake, I tried activating the flat rate option. The flat rate option works fine, but im still getting the same message for the AustPost.

Went to the product info admin page, and im not seeing any option to set the unit measurement for product weight. But i would assume its either in kg, or g.