• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

No idea how to set dimensions and the weight it was trying to send was only 100gm.

I have installed them all but something very strange has happened, now my table rate is showing $0 the only things I have changed is the paypal.php and changed 2 colours in my css. No idea whats wrong now - gremlins!

Is the weight set as 0.1 ? ie in kgs

Can't see why paypal.php would cause it probelms.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the weight set as 0.1 ? ie in kgs

Can't see why paypal.php would cause it probelms.

No I had an item with no weight on it!!!

I have set the weight to grams in my zones php. I wonder if I could have stuffed up something in the order.php when I installed QTPro. I suppose its worth having a look, don't know if that file affects anything concerning my problem

No I had an item with no weight on it!!!

I have set the weight to grams in my zones php. I wonder if I could have stuffed up something in the order.php when I installed QTPro. I suppose its worth having a look, don't know if that file affects anything concerning my problem

The drc at Aust Post requires kgs. You should change your product weights to kgs and achnge your zones.php to kgs.

If zones.php works, then nothing else would intere with the aust post modules.

The drc at Aust Post requires kgs. You should change your product weights to kgs and achnge your zones.php to kgs.

If zones.php works, then nothing else would intere with the aust post modules.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works!!!!

A stupid thing like weight. Although I now have to change the weights in my product listings. But who cares!!!!!

Thank you for the taking the time to help me. I greatly appreciate it, especially as I have not had a lot of luck getting help on the forums. Again thank-you!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works!!!!

A stupid thing like weight. Although I now have to change the weights in my product listings. But who cares!!!!!

Thank you for the taking the time to help me. I greatly appreciate it, especially as I have not had a lot of luck getting help on the forums. Again thank-you!

In the past, the drc at aust post used grams, but now they use kgs. I know exactly what you mean about getting help, but the more we find out for for ourselves, the more we learn. It was a pleasure to lend what assistance I could, and thank you for letting us know it is working.

Edited by Coopco

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I am getting a problem with the AusPost Module, below is the error message I am receiving:

Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/.millstone/***/***/osc/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 81

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=3012&Destination_Postcode=3038&Country=AU&Weight=11000&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/.millstone/***/***/osc/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 81

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.millstone/***/***/osc/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 82

*** is just where I edited out some areas before posting.

Seems that my host is blocking the information from being returned from Australia Post. Is there any way I could enable the "file-access" option through a .htaccess command or something similar? I don't have access to the php.ini file as I am on shared hosting.

Any help is much appreciated

Hi,

In the last day or so I've been getting this error;

"ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 0 0"

on all local and international shipping costs. I haven't made any changes. Any ideas if it would be my end (webserver) or at the Auspost server?

Hi,

In the last day or so I've been getting this error;

"ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 0 0"

on all local and international shipping costs. I haven't made any changes. Any ideas if it would be my end (webserver) or at the Auspost server?

I just tried the drc and it is working. The drc may have been down, so see if it is working now.

I seem to be having problems, this is the error I am getting.

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=3995&Destination_Postcode=3805&Country=AU&Weight=5000&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Connection refused in ****************/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 68

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ****************/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 69

What is that all about?

any help would be great, thanks in advance

Cheers

Azz

I seem to be having problems, this is the error I am getting.

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=3995&Destination_Postcode=3805&Country=AU&Weight=5000&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Connection refused in ****************/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 68

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ****************/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 69

What is that all about?

any help would be great, thanks in advance

Cheers

Azz

Looks like the same problem as 5 and 4 posts up from yours.

I too am also having the same problem.

This is the error message,

Warning: file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/.gussy/northsh/northshoreperformance.com.au/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 81

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=2065&Destination_Postcode=2576&Country=AU&Weight=3000&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/.gussy/northsh/northshoreperformance.com.au/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 81

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.gussy/northsh/northshoreperformance.com.au/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 82

Here is the code in the corresponding file,

LINE 80$url = "http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=AU&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=$sheight&Width=$swidth&Length=$slength&Quantity=$shipping_num_boxes";
			LINE81 $myfile = file($url);
			LINE 82 foreach($myfile as $vals)

I have added the line numbers for reference...

Can someone please help?

I'm getting the exact same error as above. Using version 3 and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Weights are in ok. Any help appreciated. Many Thanks

Did anyone having this problem check with their hosting company?

Guys I ended up making my own module that doesn't run off the australia post website due to the limits my hosting account has. It is fairly basic, its made up from 2 other contributions and calculates the rate based on the outright weight of the package (need to work out if cubic weight is higher and just add a single kg entry for the item). The maximum rate per state offered by Australia Post is usually not much of a variation from the major city's ($5 difference most times). There is a way to write it up better, but I needed something of a quick fix that is accurate enough to use for now.

At the moment it is only coded for items being sent from Melbourne, but it is not too hard to code it to suit your area if you live anyone else. Feel free to send me a PM on here if you would like a copy and instructions on how to use it. I can send you a link to download it from and also provide information on how to set it up to suit your area.

If nobody has recoded the current AusPost module into cURL by the time my current project is finished, I will try to fit in some spare time to improve the module I am running and release it into the contributions. As at the moment anyone who's php server blocks file access is unable to use this module, which is a fairly big limitation seeing as it is commonly the case with shared hosting providers.

Guys I ended up making my own module that doesn't run off the australia post website due to the limits my hosting account has. It is fairly basic, its made up from 2 other contributions and calculates the rate based on the outright weight of the package (need to work out if cubic weight is higher and just add a single kg entry for the item). The maximum rate per state offered by Australia Post is usually not much of a variation from the major city's ($5 difference most times). There is a way to write it up better, but I needed something of a quick fix that is accurate enough to use for now.

At the moment it is only coded for items being sent from Melbourne, but it is not too hard to code it to suit your area if you live anyone else. Feel free to send me a PM on here if you would like a copy and instructions on how to use it. I can send you a link to download it from and also provide information on how to set it up to suit your area.

If nobody has recoded the current AusPost module into cURL by the time my current project is finished, I will try to fit in some spare time to improve the module I am running and release it into the contributions. As at the moment anyone who's php server blocks file access is unable to use this module, which is a fairly big limitation seeing as it is commonly the case with shared hosting providers.

Have you checked the permissions assigned to the new contribution? Please ensure that the permissions applied to all of the contribution files match those of any other contributions you have installed

Hand made jewellery and tiaras on our website

Please bear with me. Im an osC noobie!

Have you checked the permissions assigned to the new contribution? Please ensure that the permissions applied to all of the contribution files match those of any other contributions you have installed

The helpdesk at my host has solved this for me. The problem is caused by URL file access not being allowed on their server. But adding the following to the top of the page was a workaround which fixed the problem: ini_set('allow_url_fopen', 'on'); So it is working perfectly for me now :)

The helpdesk at my host has solved this for me. The problem is caused by URL file access not being allowed on their server. But adding the following to the top of the page was a workaround which fixed the problem: ini_set('allow_url_fopen', 'on'); So it is working perfectly for me now :)

Just in case the above is a bit vague, in the shipping folder you will find the file auspost.php add the following to the top of the page: ini_set('allow_url_fopen', 'on');

so it should look like this:

<?php

/*

$Id: auspost.php,v 3.0.1 July 1st 2007

Contribution updated to :

Remove obsolete module

Fix bug which prevented some postcode calculations being performed

Allow use of both insured and uninsured parcels

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

ini_set('allow_url_fopen', 'on');

class auspost {

var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

// class constructor

function auspost() {

global $order;

$this->code = 'auspost';

$this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_TITLE;

$this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;

$this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_SORT_ORDER;

$this->icon = DIR_WS_ICONS . 'auspost.gif';

$this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TAX_CLASS;

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

etc,etc......................

Just in case the above is a bit vague, in the shipping folder you will find the file auspost.php add the following to the top of the page: ini_set('allow_url_fopen', 'on');

so it should look like this:

<?php

/*

$Id: auspost.php,v 3.0.1 July 1st 2007

Contribution updated to :

Remove obsolete module

Fix bug which prevented some postcode calculations being performed

Allow use of both insured and uninsured parcels

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

ini_set('allow_url_fopen', 'on');

class auspost {

var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

// class constructor

function auspost() {

global $order;

$this->code = 'auspost';

$this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_TITLE;

$this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;

$this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_SORT_ORDER;

$this->icon = DIR_WS_ICONS . 'auspost.gif';

$this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TAX_CLASS;

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

etc,etc......................

Very nice result, thanks for posting.

• 3 months later...

How many times does the drc go down and disable our shops and we do not know about it?

I think the modules need something to abort the module if there is no response within 5 seconds. Or a check to see if the drc is available when the shipping page is opening, and if unavailable, abort the loading of the modules.

It would be nice to get an email, and only one, if the drc is unavailable.

Anyone have an inkling of how to do it?

I am pretty sure the same method could be used for any of the drc equivalents around the world.

Anyway, the drc is still down and I have set my austpost modules to false.

It is still not working.

I have sent this to Australia Post:

I have an online shop that uses OSCommerce. In this shop, I use the delivery rate calculator to determine worldwide shipping rates. The sitituation is, the DRC is not functioning the way it was last week. Access to the business solutions DRC is not available, so there is no no way that I can work out what the changes are.

The testing of the DRC from your site suggests that the dimensions are no longer correct (have been stuffed up at your end). In fact, the testing from your site reveals that dimensions are no longer required for the DRC to work.

The decent thing to do would be to have a mailing list where users of the ecommerce solution are notified in advance of what changes are being implemented.

I know that that you take no responsibility for the drc to work, nor for its accuracy.

So I now await their response.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Leslie :)

I posted in the wrong forum - hope I'm right this time!

I am getting an error message: RC1 and australia post 3.0.1 error.

The products do have weights, in kgs, and I've updated zones.php from lb(s) to kg(s)

With the 'test product' on the site... http://www.abundantlyours.com/catalog/

I have set the weight to 0.400 in the admin

Admin <Configuration <Shipping/Packaging I have set the package tare weight to 0.5

I've installed AusPOST Parcel Post and AusPOST Parcel Post (Insured) and I get the same

error message on both.

----------

ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 0.4 0.9

----------

Now I can see that the numbers at the end are the item's weight, and the item's weight + the tare weight, but

I don't know how to fix it, or what I've done/not done to cause it.

Cheers

Kathy

Hi Leslie :)

I posted in the wrong forum - hope I'm right this time!

I am getting an error message: RC1 and australia post 3.0.1 error.

The products do have weights, in kgs, and I've updated zones.php from lb(s) to kg(s)

With the 'test product' on the site... http://www.abundantlyours.com/catalog/

I have set the weight to 0.400 in the admin

Admin <Configuration <Shipping/Packaging I have set the package tare weight to 0.5

I've installed AusPOST Parcel Post and AusPOST Parcel Post (Insured) and I get the same

error message on both.

----------

ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 0.4 0.9

----------

Now I can see that the numbers at the end are the item's weight, and the item's weight + the tare weight, but

I don't know how to fix it, or what I've done/not done to cause it.

Cheers

Kathy

Try the fix by robe4273 on the previous page of this thread.