• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

There is a quick and dirty method for fixing this in an emergency - simply add a handling fee to the relevant module(s) to cover the xtra cost, although just bear in mind that this will add the same handling fee to all packages sent by that module

"Unless you get special stamps that are ex gst, you will still be charged gst. The drc calculates gst, so add the gst like you do for domestic. Been down that road myself."

There is nothing wrong with the method I stated, if you are charged GST (as you would be at the local PO, you should pass the cost on.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has problems getting the modules to display, particulary if you have upgraded from previous versions, make sure that you run the V3 sql file.

You will then either need to uninstall and reinstall each module, or update the shipping zone.

I am not sure what happened to me, but it was working on the old sql. It may have something to do with the updates tp osc that I was doing.

If anyone has problems getting the modules to display, particulary if you have upgraded from previous versions, make sure that you run the V3 sql file.

You will then either need to uninstall and reinstall each module, or update the shipping zone.

I am not sure what happened to me, but it was working on the old sql. It may have something to do with the updates tp osc that I was doing.

And I forgot to remind you to put the payment zones back in for those payment methods that use them.

And I forgot to remind you to put the payment zones back in for those payment methods that use them.

One more thing, give every shipping module a unique ort order.

One more thing, give every shipping module a unique ort order.

One more thing, give every shipping module a unique sort order.

The drc is down.

Having a few problems here and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have installed the latest Australian shipping 3.01. It was not easy as I continually got a 1064 error and after much research discovered that my version of php did not like default charset latin 1, so I removed this portion.

Finally got no errors in the database, installed all files activated auspost parcel post and set it to 17kg ( I also tried 20 and 3) but....... there is no sign of anything to do with auspost in my shop front. This is what I have in checkout.

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Nothing else!!

Any ideas??

Having a few problems here and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have installed the latest Australian shipping 3.01. It was not easy as I continually got a 1064 error and after much research discovered that my version of php did not like default charset latin 1, so I removed this portion.

Finally got no errors in the database, installed all files activated auspost parcel post and set it to 17kg ( I also tried 20 and 3) but....... there is no sign of anything to do with auspost in my shop front. This is what I have in checkout.

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Nothing else!!

Any ideas??

You need to install in admin.

You need to install in admin.

Hi Coopco

I did install in admin thats what I was trying to say when I said that I activated it and set the weight to 17 kg. Is there something else in admin I am supposed to do?

Why wouldn't even the gifs show up in checkout?

Hi Coopco

I did install in admin thats what I was trying to say when I said that I activated it and set the weight to 17 kg. Is there something else in admin I am supposed to do?

Why wouldn't even the gifs show up in checkout?

Then shipping zones should be australian zones

Tax class should be australian gst

assuming your shipping address is to australia

What is 17kg?

Then shipping zones should be australian zones

Tax class should be australian gst

assuming your shipping address is to australia

What is 17kg?

The 17 kg was the maximum weight that I put in the profile. i knw its irrelevant but I was reding elsewhere that they had a problem because of the weight.

My tax class is au gst but what is the shipping zones?

The 17 kg was the maximum weight that I put in the profile. i knw its irrelevant but I was reding elsewhere that they had a problem because of the weight.

My tax class is au gst but what is the shipping zones?

The 17kg mentioned elsewhere is probably because the default tare weight of the packing material is 3kg (set/changed in admin).

In the module, the sql should have set up

INSERT INTO geo_zones (geo_zone_id, geo_zone_name, geo_zone_description, last_modified, date_added) VALUES ('1', 'Australian Zones', 'All Local Zones', NULL, '');

INSERT INTO geo_zones (geo_zone_id, geo_zone_name, geo_zone_description, last_modified, date_added) VALUES ('2', 'World Zones', 'All International Zones', NULL, '');

so in the modules in admin you set the shipping zones according to the module eg inernational air would be world zones.

Also, look at this thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=269675

The 17kg mentioned elsewhere is probably because the default tare weight of the packing material is 3kg (set/changed in admin).

In the module, the sql should have set up

INSERT INTO geo_zones (geo_zone_id, geo_zone_name, geo_zone_description, last_modified, date_added) VALUES ('1', 'Australian Zones', 'All Local Zones', NULL, '');

INSERT INTO geo_zones (geo_zone_id, geo_zone_name, geo_zone_description, last_modified, date_added) VALUES ('2', 'World Zones', 'All International Zones', NULL, '');

so in the modules in admin you set the shipping zones according to the module eg inernational air would be world zones.

Also, look at this thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=269675

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the sql file it definatley has the above info!

I did not have my shipping and tax zones set correctly so thank you for that info from the other thread.

I do not understand why absolutley none of the auspost mods are working, no errors, nothing. The table weight was working correctly when I had it on so I am wondering if there is a path not set correctly?

Any further ideas?

I thought I would skip the shipping section and see how my payment section was working and I can not get past delivery information! What on earth have I done?

Shipping is before payment because shipping charges have to be applied.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the sql file it definatley has the above info!

I did not have my shipping and tax zones set correctly so thank you for that info from the other thread.

I do not understand why absolutley none of the auspost mods are working, no errors, nothing. The table weight was working correctly when I had it on so I am wondering if there is a path not set correctly?

Any further ideas?

No paths have to be set.

You may need to check that your zones in admin are still correct after rerunning the sql file. Check all of the localisation stuff.

Then, in admin, uninstall and reinstall all of the aust post modules and give then all a unique sort order. Check your other shipping modules and ensure your zones are still displayed.

This contrib is great and you really should have no problem with it.

No paths have to be set.

You may need to check that your zones in admin are still correct after rerunning the sql file. Check all of the localisation stuff.

Then, in admin, uninstall and reinstall all of the aust post modules and give then all a unique sort order. Check your other shipping modules and ensure your zones are still displayed.

This contrib is great and you really should have no problem with it.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the auspost modules but this is a stupid question am I supposed to have the zone rates installed or is that a seperate thing?

When I uninstalled everything, I reinstalled table rate to see if I could discover anything and I noticed that when I had the tax rate set at australian gst it did not work but if I put it at the taxable goods that was originally in there it did work. So I think I have stuffed up my tax set up. I will read back through everything again.

I can't believe After all the really difficult contributions I have added, I am stuffed up by this mod.

Appreciate any further guidance

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the auspost modules but this is a stupid question am I supposed to have the zone rates installed or is that a seperate thing?

When I uninstalled everything, I reinstalled table rate to see if I could discover anything and I noticed that when I had the tax rate set at australian gst it did not work but if I put it at the taxable goods that was originally in there it did work. So I think I have stuffed up my tax set up. I will read back through everything again.

I can't believe After all the really difficult contributions I have added, I am stuffed up by this mod.

Appreciate any further guidance

The sql probably affected zones and taxes and that is why I suggested that you check the localisation stuff.

Do you want to post your settings in one of the modules?

The sql probably affected zones and taxes and that is why I suggested that you check the localisation stuff.

Do you want to post your settings in one of the modules?

Which would you like? Also I was checking back through some of the earlier contributions and found reference to a sql file

INSERT INTO geo_zones VALUES (3, 'Auspost AIR', 'Australia Post Air Destinations', NULL, '');

INSERT INTO geo_zones VALUES (4, 'Auspost ECONOMY', 'Australia Post Economy Destinations', NULL, '');

INSERT INTO geo_zones VALUES (5, 'Auspost SEA', 'Australia Post Sea Destinations', NULL, '');

I know that ECONOMY is no longer available but am I supposed to have something like this?

Which would you like? Also I was checking back through some of the earlier contributions and found reference to a sql file

INSERT INTO geo_zones VALUES (3, 'Auspost AIR', 'Australia Post Air Destinations', NULL, '');

INSERT INTO geo_zones VALUES (4, 'Auspost ECONOMY', 'Australia Post Economy Destinations', NULL, '');

INSERT INTO geo_zones VALUES (5, 'Auspost SEA', 'Australia Post Sea Destinations', NULL, '');

I know that ECONOMY is no longer available but am I supposed to have something like this?

Economy Air is no longer offered by Aust Post.

I meant the settings in admin for one of the modules.

By the way went back and rechecked my zones and tax set up etc and discovered that I had still set it up wrong but I believe they are all fixed. At least the table rate works now

OK, so now the aust post should also work.

OK, so now the aust post should also work.

Should but doesn't. That is why I am completley stumped!

Here is one of my set ups. I am hoping you find a simple error and it will be fixed.

AusPOST Parcel Post

Enable auspost

True

Dispatch Postcode

Enable Insurance

False

Insurance Base Cost

Insurance Addition Cost

Insurance Unit Size

Maximum Weight (kg)

Handling Fee

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

Shipping Zone

Australian Zones

Tax Class

Australian GST

Sort order of display.

Should but doesn't. That is why I am completley stumped!

Here is one of my set ups. I am hoping you find a simple error and it will be fixed.

AusPOST Parcel Post

Enable auspost

True

Dispatch Postcode

Enable Insurance

False

Insurance Base Cost

Insurance Addition Cost

Insurance Unit Size

Maximum Weight (kg)

Handling Fee

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

Shipping Zone

Australian Zones

Tax Class

Australian GST

Sort order of display.

Yes, that is exactly the way (apart from changing your package dimensions to what you use) that it should be. It should show for any valid australian post code as the shipping address.

If that is the only one installed, try having the austpost insured as well, sort order two.

The only thing that may now stop it from showing is a weight over 20kg, or dimensions exceeding the packaging.

Yes, that is exactly the way (apart from changing your package dimensions to what you use) that it should be. It should show for any valid australian post code as the shipping address.

If that is the only one installed, try having the austpost insured as well, sort order two.

The only thing that may now stop it from showing is a weight over 20kg, or dimensions exceeding the packaging.

No idea how to set dimensions and the weight it was trying to send was only 100gm.

I have installed them all but something very strange has happened, now my table rate is showing $0 the only things I have changed is the paypal.php and changed 2 colours in my css. No idea whats wrong now - gremlins!