• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

Same Problem, Here is the error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '2JT >= t_postcode and SL7 2JT <= t_postcode' at line 4

SELECT * FROM tnt_zones WHERE SL7 2JT >= t_postcode and SL7 2JT <= t_postcode

[TEP STOP]

its only when I select the international UK post code.

Where did tnt_zones come from?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats one of the local delivery options, that I have available, It used to work fine with the previous Aust Post module.

When you go through the checkout, you dont even get a chance to select a shipping service, as soon as a UK based postcode is found you get the error.

Thats one of the local delivery options, that I have available, It used to work fine with the previous Aust Post module.

When you go through the checkout, you dont even get a chance to select a shipping service, as soon as a UK based postcode is found you get the error.

Well, you could confirm that it is the austpost contrib by disabling them all temporarily.

Do you use tnt to ship os?

Hello Leslie, and thank you for taking the time to help resolve my little problem.

I have removed the TNT delivery option and everything seems to work fine. Their must be a clash with both contributions.

Maybe the Original author should add a little note letting people know, so they dont run into problems like I did.

Still cant seem to get the Austpost International air, without insurance to show in the list so the customer can choose.

Regards and thanks once again.

Edited by pingpongrob

Hello Leslie, and thank you for taking the time to help resolve my little problem.

I have removed the TNT delivery option and everything seems to work fine. Their must be a clash with both contributions.

Maybe the Original author should add a little note letting people know, so they dont run into problems like I did.

Regards and thanks once again.

That is odd that the tnt contrib suddenly started to act up.

Hi sorry Ive been away on a business trip for a few days, so haven't been logged on.

There are no fundamental changes to the code in the Auspost contribution, so I am unsure why this would happen. Can you please point me at the TNT contribution you are using and I'll try and take a look at it and see if I can identify where the clash is occuring.

If you had both contributions working together prior to this can you please tell me exactly which versions you were using?

Hand made jewellery and tiaras on our website

Please bear with me. Im an osC noobie!

Hi Toptaira, thanks for taking the time to look at this problem.

The TNT contribution that was installed is found here

its the one by Jay Bonaretti Current as of July 2004.

I also have another problem, I cant get the Austpost air to show in the shipping selection page. Its all there in the admin, but just wont show in the shop side.

I can get the Austpost Air with Insurance to show.

Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks in advance, Rob

Hi Toptaira, thanks for taking the time to look at this problem.

The TNT contribution that was installed is found here

its the one by Jay Bonaretti Current as of July 2004.

I also have another problem, I cant get the Austpost air to show in the shipping selection page. Its all there in the admin, but just wont show in the shop side.

I can get the Austpost Air with Insurance to show.

Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks in advance, Rob

Hiya,

I'll download the TNT one and see if I can spot anything causing a conflict between the two. As that one is 3 years old though it is more likely to be an issue with software updates rather than a coding issue. I'll see what I can find though.

I am assuming that the other options all work ok and it is just the auspost air you are having the issues with? Can you please try the following :

Uninstall both auspost air and auspost air with insurance in your admin

Delete these files from your store :

includes/modules/shipping/auspostair

includes/modules/shipping/insuredauspostair

includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/auspostair

includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/insuredauspostair

Once this is done, copy only the auspostair files into your store, install them and test. They should show up ok with no insurance applied. If insurance is applied, make sure you switch it off in admin.

Once you've done this (which should work fine), go in to your admin panel and disable that item.

Now copy the insuredauspostair options to your store, install and test. They should both show up ok with insurance aplied. If insurance is not applied, make sure you switch it on in admin.

Now go back and enable the uninsrured option.

That should work. If it doesn't let me know please and I'll have to troubleshoot it.

Thanks

Hi, I'm just testing the AusPOST Parcel Post and AusPOST Express Post Parcel modules and I'm getting an odd error at the checkout.

Rather than explaining what's happening, I'll just copy and paste:

AusPOST Parcel Post

Delivery to 3023 - 4 days Estimated Delivery Time*

26 boxes 1kg(s) $13,182.00

I don't know why the heck it's calculating postage for 26 boxes. It seems as though it's always there no matter what the weight of the product is set to as well. I just can't seem to get rid of it.

Any ideas?

Edited by Kuujiryo

Hi, I'm just testing the AusPOST Parcel Post and AusPOST Express Post Parcel modules and I'm getting an odd error at the checkout.

Rather than explaining what's happening, I'll just copy and paste:

AusPOST Parcel Post

Delivery to 3023 - 4 days Estimated Delivery Time*

26 boxes 1kg(s) $13,182.00

I don't know why the heck it's calculating postage for 26 boxes. It seems as though it's always there no matter what the weight of the product is set to as well. I just can't seem to get rid of it.

Any ideas?

Try putting in the dimensions of your packaging eg 370 405 75

The price seems excessive for 1kg.

Edited by Coopco

Try putting in the dimensions of your packaging eg 370 405 75

The price seems excessive for 1kg.

Forgot to add the dimensions are in mm

Hi All

Can someone please explain to me how to install this AustPost module?

I am not sure how to run this file in MySQL. I have already downloaded auspost_v2.0.2_1 and i'm totally lost :'(

Thanks in advance

Nad

Hi All

Can someone please explain to me how to install this AustPost module?

I am not sure how to run this file in MySQL. I have already downloaded auspost_v2.0.2_1 and i'm totally lost :'(

Thanks in advance

Nad

Download and install Australia Post 3.01. It is much better and should give you no problems.

Go to your phpMyAdmin

Choose your osC database on the left in the pull-down menu

On the right side, click on the SQL tab at the top

Then paste the code from the sql file into the textarea on that page

Click on the GO button and you are done

Download and install Australia Post 3.01. It is much better and should give you no problems.

Go to your phpMyAdmin

Choose your osC database on the left in the pull-down menu

On the right side, click on the SQL tab at the top

Then paste the code from the sql file into the textarea on that page

Click on the GO button and you are done

Thank you so much , much appreciated :)

I have few more questions,

- is there a way to disable a module such as shipping, for example i would like to offer

a pickup instead of delivery is this possible in OsCommerce?

- Where do I go to modify the order process email or welcome email.

- Where do I go to be able to add terms and conditons to the terms and cond. page and privacy policy on the privacy policy page.

Thanks a lot for your help

Nadia

Thank you so much , much appreciated :)

I have few more questions,

- is there a way to disable a module such as shipping, for example i would like to offer

a pickup instead of delivery is this possible in OsCommerce?

- Where do I go to modify the order process email or welcome email.

- Where do I go to be able to add terms and conditons to the terms and cond. page and privacy policy on the privacy policy page.

Thanks a lot for your help

Nadia

Do you mean to get rid of the shipping page? or to get rid of a module? To get rid of a module, you just uninstall it.

There is a Store Pickup Shipping Module in the contributions section.

Most of the text that you change is in the language files. Eg catalog\includes\languages\english\conditions.php

OK I've taken a look through this, but nothing is jumping out at me and saying that it's going to be a problem, so I can only assume there is a fault either somewhere in some code you have had to change to implement one or the other, or that the coding in the TNT contribution is simply too old to cope with new functionality.

Best suggestion would be to either leave the TNT switched off, or try and get hold of a newer version and see if that fixes the problem

Sorry

Do you mean to get rid of the shipping page? or to get rid of a module? To get rid of a module, you just uninstall it.

There is a Store Pickup Shipping Module in the contributions section.

Most of the text that you change is in the language files. Eg catalog\includes\languages\english\conditions.php

Cool,

Thanks for helping me through this. I was able to add the terms and conditions, etc.. but it seems that you can only type in the terms and not using html format or at least be able to add space between paragraphs.

Cheers

Nadia

Cool,

Thanks for helping me through this. I was able to add the terms and conditions, etc.. but it seems that you can only type in the terms and not using html format or at least be able to add space between paragraphs.

Cheers

Nadia

I put my terms etc in different html pages and linked to them using EXTRA PAGES INFOBOX

Hiya,

I'll download the TNT one and see if I can spot anything causing a conflict between the two. As that one is 3 years old though it is more likely to be an issue with software updates rather than a coding issue. I'll see what I can find though.

I am assuming that the other options all work ok and it is just the auspost air you are having the issues with? Can you please try the following :

Uninstall both auspost air and auspost air with insurance in your admin

Delete these files from your store :

includes/modules/shipping/auspostair

includes/modules/shipping/insuredauspostair

includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/auspostair

includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/insuredauspostair

Once this is done, copy only the auspostair files into your store, install them and test. They should show up ok with no insurance applied. If insurance is applied, make sure you switch it off in admin.

Once you've done this (which should work fine), go in to your admin panel and disable that item.

Now copy the insuredauspostair options to your store, install and test. They should both show up ok with insurance aplied. If insurance is not applied, make sure you switch it on in admin.

Now go back and enable the uninsrured option.

That should work. If it doesn't let me know please and I'll have to troubleshoot it.

Thanks

Hi Toptaira, thanks, I have done this and now all the modules show up.

the only problem I have now is that the figure that it calculates is very high.

When I go to the australia post website the figure for .49kg to the UK is $16.95 air mail, yet the web shipping comes up with $21.73.

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

rob

Hi Toptaira, Please ignore the above post.

I have done what you asked and now all the modules show up.

the only problem I have now is that the figure that it calculates is a little low..

When I go to the australia post website the figure for .49kg to the UK is $16.95 air mail, yet the web shipping comes up with $15.39. Which I assume is the Ex GST price. But because it is an export sale their is no GST and it should be $16.95

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

rob

Hi Toptaira, Please ignore the above post.

I have done what you asked and now all the modules show up.

the only problem I have now is that the figure that it calculates is a little low..

When I go to the australia post website the figure for .49kg to the UK is $16.95 air mail, yet the web shipping comes up with $15.39. Which I assume is the Ex GST price. But because it is an export sale their is no GST and it should be $16.95

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

rob

Unless you get special stamps that are ex gst, you will still be charged gst. The drc calculates gst, so add the gst like you do for domestic. Been down that road myself.

Unless you get special stamps that are ex gst, you will still be charged gst. The drc calculates gst, so add the gst like you do for domestic. Been down that road myself.

There is a quick and dirty method for fixing this in an emergency - simply add a handling fee to the relevant module(s) to cover the xtra cost, although just bear in mind that this will add the same handling fee to all packages sent by that module