• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

I have not made any changes to these modules in the last 24 hours so why this is suddenly happening I dont know. Is it possible that the drc site is down or under maintenance or the url for the rate calculator has changed?

Yes, their server is down:

curl -v http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=4032&Destination_Postcode=4105&Country=AU&Weight=210&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1
[1] 1043
[2] 1044
[3] 1045
[4] 1046
[5] 1047
[6] 1048
[7] 1049
[8] 1050
* About to connect() to drc.edeliver.com.au port 80
*   Trying 155.144.24.25... * Operation timed out
* couldn't connect to host
* Closing connection #0
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you find out it was down?

First pasted that url in a browser and nothing happened. Checked again with curl in a terminal window (standard on Mac and Linux) and indeed the problem was that the host cannot be reached (could also be a problem with my internet connection but that is pretty unlikely as I don't experience any problems and you also had the problem with the same site).

First pasted that url in a browser and nothing happened. Checked again with curl in a terminal window (standard on Mac and Linux) and indeed the problem was that the host cannot be reached (could also be a problem with my internet connection but that is pretty unlikely as I don't experience any problems and you also had the problem with the same site).

Yes, it is down again. I found out whan I was testing a new contrib.

Who knows what they are doing this time. It is not the usual error response that I get.

I have had to disable the aust post modules and just have my zone rates in.

Yes, it is down again. I found out whan I was testing a new contrib.

Who knows what they are doing this time. It is not the usual error response that I get.

I have had to disable the aust post modules and just have my zone rates in.

I wonder if there is anyway to have warning from Auspost if they ever have site maintenance etc in the future. As long as they are down then customers can't checkout and will be presented with all of the errors which would most definitley scar them off. I know I would be.

I wonder if there is anyway to have warning from Auspost if they ever have site maintenance etc in the future. As long as they are down then customers can't checkout and will be presented with all of the errors which would most definitley scar them off. I know I would be.

Well, if you read and abide by their conditions of use of the drc, you will find that they take the same responsibility for the use of the drc as they do for items that are posted (ie none).

It would not be hard for them to have a register of interested users that would like notifications of the unavailabilty of their service so that they can be notified.

I will be looking for an alternative carrier.

If any carrier would like to email me, I will check out their service.

I did not think there was anyway to actually input the dimensions for various products, is there? Not that I know of.

Does the PO actually charge for cubic weight on international parcels?

OK, I do not understand why the PAC no longer takes dimensions on international parcels, while it does on domestic parcels. It used to. It would be best to leave the dimensions in for when they change it back. The Sept 2006 PO Guide does not mention cubic weight for international parcels, but it does for domestic parcels.

My Australia POST International Parcel Post - AIR settings are thus:

Enable auspostair

True

Insurance

100:7.50,200:9.50,300:11.50,400:13.50,500:15.50,600:17.50

Dispatch Postcode

Handling Fee

Parcel Height

Parcel Width

Parcel Depth

Shipping Zone

World Zones

Tax Class

--none--

Sort order of display.

So you can see that I use one size of package.

Stupid me. I have only just realised that I must use the Tax Class as Australian GST, which in turn affects the handling fee. I do not know why I did not pick this up earlier.

Changing the delivery times??

Does anyone know how I can change the estimated delivery time on the Order Confirmation screen? I presume this time is calculated by the drc site depending on the postcodes of dispatch Vs delivery addresses. My client wants it to state something like: 'Items will arrive within 10 business days'. Anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Changing the delivery times??

Does anyone know how I can change the estimated delivery time on the Order Confirmation screen? I presume this time is calculated by the drc site depending on the postcodes of dispatch Vs delivery addresses. My client wants it to state something like: 'Items will arrive within 10 business days'. Anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that the time is taken from the drc, but you edit the correspoding file in includes/laguages/englsh/modules/shipping to say

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_SHIPPINGDAYS', 'days Estimated Delivery Transit Time* but items will arrive within 10 business days.');

or something along those lines should work.

• 3 weeks later...
The minimum charge seems to be $6 any idea how to make it a fixed amount of $12 rather than using the handling charge? cheers

Use a flat rate table.

Use a flat rate table.

No Good, i still need the flexibility. I found the other version (epsat.php) which does how ever many levels of pricing and then disappears from site at a certain weight point, cheers.

I don't see a fix for the 3kg added weight issue, unless I'm going blind (may be happening in my old age!)

Did anybody managed to get around this? I'd like to keep using the online calculator if possible, but as our parcels are very light (under 300 grams each) and the minimum charge using the calculator is 30+ $, I currently cannot do so. Real costs for shipping are more like $10 for a single parcel to the UK for example.

Thanks

Hand made jewellery and tiaras on our website

Please bear with me. Im an osC noobie!

I don't see a fix for the 3kg added weight issue, unless I'm going blind (may be happening in my old age!)

Did anybody managed to get around this? I'd like to keep using the online calculator if possible, but as our parcels are very light (under 300 grams each) and the minimum charge using the calculator is 30+ $, I currently cannot do so. Real costs for shipping are more like $10 for a single parcel to the UK for example.

Thanks

Did you look in admin configuration shipping/packaging and find a tare weight of 3 kgs set?

• 2 weeks later...
Did you look in admin configuration shipping/packaging and find a tare weight of 3 kgs set?

You are a star! Exactly where the problem was.

I have made a couple of changes to this contribution and posted it. I included some detail about the tare weight in the new install details, so hopefully will make other people's lives a little easier :)

I have made a couple of changes to this contribution and posted it. I included some detail about the tare weight in the new install details, so hopefully will make other people's lives a little easier :)

Fantastic, will check it out shortly. I am in the middle of getting another contrib installed.

Well I tried your new changes. It is fantastic and highly recommended.

If updating your site (as opposed to a fresh install), after you copy the new files (and you need to copy all of them), in admin, you need to remove then install the existing ones, then do your edits to package sizes etc).

Well I tried your new changes. It is fantastic and highly recommended.

If updating your site (as opposed to a fresh install), after you copy the new files (and you need to copy all of them), in admin, you need to remove then install the existing ones, then do your edits to package sizes etc).

:blush:

Thank you so much for the compliment! You totally made my day :)

Hi, Can any one help me with the austpost shipping module that I have just installed.

I install the latest version from toptaira, to solve the problem with UK based postcodes, but now I get this error message.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '2DG >= t_postcode and LE5 2DG <= t_postcode' at line 4

SELECT * FROM tnt_zones WHERE LE5 2DG >= t_postcode and LE5 2DG <= t_postcode

[TEP STOP]

I'm have no idea whats causing the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Can any one help me with the austpost shipping module that I have just installed.

I install the latest version from toptaira, to solve the problem with UK based postcodes, but now I get this error message.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '2DG >= t_postcode and LE5 2DG <= t_postcode' at line 4

SELECT * FROM tnt_zones WHERE LE5 2DG >= t_postcode and LE5 2DG <= t_postcode

[TEP STOP]

I'm have no idea whats causing the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Fresh install or update?

Mine was an update, so I did not use the sql file.

In the sql, you could try changing

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ;

to

) TYPE=MyISAM;

I don't know what I am doing, but it is worth a try. Something to do with the MySQL version?

Mine was an update as well.

Have you tried doing a UK based sale, just to see if you also have the problem.

Ok, just tried one to the confirmation page using SL7 2JT (I know this one is valid) as the post code. No problems encountered.

Ok, just tried one to the confirmation page using SL7 2JT (I know this one is valid) as the post code. No problems encountered.

I tried it without the insurance option being enabled in either airmail option. Maybe try disabling the insuredauspostair.php being enabled and see what you get by having only the auspostair.php the only option for international.

Same Problem, Here is the error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '2JT >= t_postcode and SL7 2JT <= t_postcode' at line 4

SELECT * FROM tnt_zones WHERE SL7 2JT >= t_postcode and SL7 2JT <= t_postcode

[TEP STOP]

its only when I select the international UK post code.