• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with AusPost Calculations

lordofcb

I have installed the latest AusPost shipping module and have encountered problems with the method of calculation. For within Australia there are no problems, since I sell many larger and smaller size packages, I enter the weight for the product as the cubing weight I find for it using the Australia Post Postage Calculator and the results all work. However, according the the Australia Post site, International parcels go on weight alone with no cubing applied. So, the rates for international air module come out way too high.

Additionally, I am not sure if anyone else has installed this module for International Air, but I had to change all the fields in the english defines since they had Post_Air and the catalog/include files all used PostAir in the lines. The titles appears as field names in the module after installation until I changed these lines.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed the latest AusPost shipping module and have encountered problems with the method of calculation. For within Australia there are no problems, since I sell many larger and smaller size packages, I enter the weight for the product as the cubing weight I find for it using the Australia Post Postage Calculator and the results all work. However, according the the Australia Post site, International parcels go on weight alone with no cubing applied. So, the rates for international air module come out way too high.

Additionally, I am not sure if anyone else has installed this module for International Air, but I had to change all the fields in the english defines since they had Post_Air and the catalog/include files all used PostAir in the lines. The titles appears as field names in the module after installation until I changed these lines.

Australian Shipping Module http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,648

or

Australia Post Shipping http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4610

The first one, 648.. auspost_v2.0.2_1 We sell a lot of odd shaped packages, where when we bring them to the post office they apply cubing rule to some and not to others, so to be safe we always use their only postage calculator to enter all product dimensions for each product and weight to get their cubing weight. But, I found when trying to use their international air entry on australia post site calculator, there is no entry for dimensions, just for weight. So, for all products shipping within Australia it works perfectly (most of our customers in aus anyways), but if someone does order from overseas, they get zapped for double postage or more since we have put within Australia cubing weight as the item weight for shipping purchases.

The first one, 648.. auspost_v2.0.2_1 We sell a lot of odd shaped packages, where when we bring them to the post office they apply cubing rule to some and not to others, so to be safe we always use their only postage calculator to enter all product dimensions for each product and weight to get their cubing weight. But, I found when trying to use their international air entry on australia post site calculator, there is no entry for dimensions, just for weight. So, for all products shipping within Australia it works perfectly (most of our customers in aus anyways), but if someone does order from overseas, they get zapped for double postage or more since we have put within Australia cubing weight as the item weight for shipping purchases.

Don't know what you sell, but you set the dimensions of the packaging that you use in the aust post module.

Don't know what you sell, but you set the dimensions of the packaging that you use in the aust post module.

We sell many dolls that come in widely varying package sizes. The way I understand it, the setting in the module will apply to all packages and is at set to 100x100x100mm. I tried entering a few other actual dimensions but kept getting errors returned, so i set back to 100x100x100. I did not think there was anyway to actually input the dimensions for various products, is there? Thanks for your reply.

We sell many dolls that come in widely varying package sizes. The way I understand it, the setting in the module will apply to all packages and is at set to 100x100x100mm. I tried entering a few other actual dimensions but kept getting errors returned, so i set back to 100x100x100. I did not think there was anyway to actually input the dimensions for various products, is there? Thanks for your reply.

I did not think there was anyway to actually input the dimensions for various products, is there? Not that I know of.

Does the PO actually charge for cubic weight on international parcels?

OK, I do not understand why the PAC no longer takes dimensions on international parcels, while it does on domestic parcels. It used to. It would be best to leave the dimensions in for when they change it back. The Sept 2006 PO Guide does not mention cubic weight for international parcels, but it does for domestic parcels.

My Australia POST International Parcel Post - AIR settings are thus:

Enable auspostair

True

Insurance

100:7.50,200:9.50,300:11.50,400:13.50,500:15.50,600:17.50

Dispatch Postcode

Handling Fee

Parcel Height

Parcel Width

Parcel Depth

Shipping Zone

World Zones

Tax Class

--none--

Sort order of display.

So you can see that I use one size of package.

I did not think there was anyway to actually input the dimensions for various products, is there? Not that I know of.

Does the PO actually charge for cubic weight on international parcels?

OK, I do not understand why the PAC no longer takes dimensions on international parcels, while it does on domestic parcels. It used to. It would be best to leave the dimensions in for when they change it back. The Sept 2006 PO Guide does not mention cubic weight for international parcels, but it does for domestic parcels.

My Australia POST International Parcel Post - AIR settings are thus:

Enable auspostair

True

Insurance

100:7.50,200:9.50,300:11.50,400:13.50,500:15.50,600:17.50

Dispatch Postcode

Handling Fee

Parcel Height

Parcel Width

Parcel Depth

Shipping Zone

World Zones

Tax Class

--none--

Sort order of display.

So you can see that I use one size of package.

Thanks for your reply. I can see this is going to be a real problem for us until maybe I figure out a way to modify things to actually enter an actual product weight for international and a cubic weight to use for posting within australia. The ultimate would be to have product dimensions per product in the database somehow. I will have to do some further checking to see what Australia Post actually charges for these international shipments. I am sure they must factor product size in somehow. For example, they wouldn't post a feather for me in a 2meterx2meterx2meter box for the weight of the feather+the box, would take up too much space in the air cargo.

Thanks for your reply. I can see this is going to be a real problem for us until maybe I figure out a way to modify things to actually enter an actual product weight for international and a cubic weight to use for posting within australia. The ultimate would be to have product dimensions per product in the database somehow. I will have to do some further checking to see what Australia Post actually charges for these international shipments. I am sure they must factor product size in somehow. For example, they wouldn't post a feather for me in a 2meterx2meterx2meter box for the weight of the feather+the box, would take up too much space in the air cargo.

That would be an interesting experiment.

They also discontinued the economy air option in sept 06.

I have just installed the auspost module.

Can you supply details of the changes you made to get rid of the title names?

I tried to change some of the code relating to the title and descriptions, [read "hard-code" ] as I could not find these fields in the database 'configuration' table, but this is not the best way to do things.

We will also be selling outside Australia, so are interested in correcting the airmail charges.

Coopco, note that Auspost are changing their charges as of 5 March 2007

I have just installed the auspost module.

Can you supply details of the changes you made to get rid of the title names?

I tried to change some of the code relating to the title and descriptions, [read "hard-code" ] as I could not find these fields in the database 'configuration' table, but this is not the best way to do things.

We will also be selling outside Australia, so are interested in correcting the airmail charges.

Hi sorry, was away today, which titles do you mean? I will be happy to help out all I can.

Hi sorry, was away today, which titles do you mean? I will be happy to help out all I can.

In admin Where the list of shipping modules is:-

Modules Sort Order Action

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_TITLE 0

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_TITLE Info

AusPost Economy 1 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_EXPRESS_TEXT_TITLE 2 Info

This is part of the detail:-

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_TITLE

[buttons]Remove Module Edit[/buttons]

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_DESCRIPTION

Enable auspostair

True

I have hardcoded the title for Economy in ausposteconomy.php, which is why it is different in the list above.

$this->code = 'ausposteconomy';
     $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_ECONOMY_TEXT_TITLE;
//      $this->title = 'Australia Post Regular';
//      $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_ECONOMY_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
     $this->description = 'Australia Post Regular';

In admin Where the list of shipping modules is:-

Modules Sort Order Action

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_TEXT_TITLE 0

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_TITLE Info

AusPost Economy 1 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_EXPRESS_TEXT_TITLE 2 Info

This is part of the detail:-

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_TITLE

[buttons]Remove Module Edit[/buttons]

MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_DESCRIPTION

Enable auspostair

True

I have hardcoded the title for Economy in ausposteconomy.php, which is why it is different in the list above.

$this->code = 'ausposteconomy';
     $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_ECONOMY_TEXT_TITLE;
//      $this->title = 'Australia Post Regular';
//      $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_ECONOMY_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
     $this->description = 'Australia Post Regular';

I fixed the error in the way the module names displayed for australia post air by fixing a typo in the contribution..

The problem in the contribution is just a typo between the modules.

in includes\modules\shipping\auspostair they use

$this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_TITLE;

while in includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\auspostair they use

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_AIR_TEXT_TITLE', 'AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR');

I just went thru the english one and deleted the _ out of each ot make them all AUSPOSTAIR and the title displayed correctly after that.

Thanks for the tip. Here we go again.

Hope you guys are aware of

From http://www.edeliver.com.au/templates/ifs/i...ate_Calculation

Rate Calculation

Developed for online Merchants, the delivery rate calculator (DRC) can be integrated into a Merchant web site allowing the applicable delivery charge to be automatically estimated. Calculations are based on standard card rates (for the following Parcels services : Regular and Express Post parcels within Australia and international Air, Economy and Sea parcels) and incorporate merchants' product catalogue information such as product package dimensions, weight, and the destination and source postcode. An indication of delivery time within the delivery network is also available. The calculator will maintain a permanent link to Australia Post's delivery rate database, ensuring delivery rate estimates are always up-to-date.

To become a registered user of the DRC Click here to view the terms for use then, if you agree, click on the "I agree" button and technical instructions on its use and integration will be forwarded to you.

Click here goes to

https://www.edeliver.com.au/templates/ifs/IFS_DRC_Terms.htm

I fixed the error in the way the module names displayed for australia post air by fixing a typo in the contribution..

The problem in the contribution is just a typo between the modules.

in includes\modules\shipping\auspostair they use

$this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_TITLE;

while in includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\auspostair they use

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_AIR_TEXT_TITLE', 'AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR');

I just went thru the english one and deleted the _ out of each of make them all AUSPOSTAIR and the title displayed correctly after that.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your changes - no effect! Actually it would be more consistent with the other modules & the DB to change AUSPOSTAIR to AUSPOST_AIR in includes\modules\shipping\auspostair.php.

However I still get the field name instead of the values for ALL the modules, not just Auspost.

I cannot find where it is failing to pick it up. [ doesn't help any to be testing on a remote server does it? <_< ]

I s'pose I could always start from scratch again, since our own product data has not been loaded :'(

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your changes - no effect! Actually it would be more consistent with the other modules & the DB to change AUSPOSTAIR to AUSPOST_AIR in includes\modules\shipping\auspostair.php.

However I still get the field name instead of the values for ALL the modules, not just Auspost.

I cannot find where it is failing to pick it up. [ doesn't help any to be testing on a remote server does it? <_< ]

I s'pose I could always start from scratch again, since our own product data has not been loaded :'(

Hi again,

Yes, I would say it would be easier to start again or go back thru the instructions step by step to insure all files in right locations etc. I really had no problems at all getting this contribution installed and working other than that slight typo I fixed for that one title. Also thanks to Coopco for the DRC information as well.

Hi again,

Yes, I would say it would be easier to start again or go back thru the instructions step by step to insure all files in right locations etc. I really had no problems at all getting this contribution installed and working other than that slight typo I fixed for that one title. Also thanks to Coopco for the DRC information as well.

catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\auspostair.php

<?php

/*

$Id: auspostair.php,v 2.0.2 2003/10/15

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_TITLE', 'AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_UNITS', 'kg(s)');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_BOXES', 'boxes');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_INCLUDE', 'incl');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_HANDLING', 'handling');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_INSURANCE', 'insurance');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_SHIPPINGDAYS', 'days Estimated Delivery Time*');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_WAY', 'Delivery to');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TEXT_ERROR', '<font color="#FF0000">ERROR:</font></b> The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time<br>If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.');

?>

Thanks. I have reinstalled twice now, and got most of working,

I found another typo - missing return - in catalog\includes\modules\auspostair.php line 81:

// End calculating Insurance $url ="http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=$dest_country&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=AIR&Height=$sheight&Width=$swidth&Length=$slength&Quantity=$shipping_num_boxes";

should be:

// End calculating Insurance

$url ="http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=$dest_country&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=AIR&Height=$sheight&Width=$swidth&Length=$slength&Quantity=$shipping_num_boxes";

Now just for the overseas rates (sea & air) which are a little high.

thanks for the extra tip on line 81. As for the DRC disclaimer, I find it to be laughable, I think I will write a modified condensed version which would read:

By providing you with a semi-reasonable if hardly ever accurate estimate for shipping, which you could actually get online or at the post office for free, we absolve ourselves of any and all liability for breakage, mis-handling by incompetents, theft, fire, rain, wind or act of God and lay all liability on the seller of the product being shipped. You have no choice but to press YES to agree, so please do so at once.

thanks for the extra tip on line 81. As for the DRC disclaimer, I find it to be laughable, I think I will write a modified condensed version which would read:

By providing you with a semi-reasonable if hardly ever accurate estimate for shipping, which you could actually get online or at the post office for free, we absolve ourselves of any and all liability for breakage, mis-handling by incompetents, theft, fire, rain, wind or act of God and lay all liability on the seller of the product being shipped. You have no choice but to press YES to agree, so please do so at once.

or else... LOVL

The shipping rates are correct from the DRC!!!

The high amount is due to the 3kg "allowance" on top of the product weight.

eg

SEA mail to europe for package of 500g plus 3kg packaging is $42.15. Less gst is $38.32 plus $5 P&H plus $7.50 INS is $50.82

voila!

Now the questions -

Where is the 3kg in the code?

Is the postage GST-free if paid from outside AU? or just the product?

Is Insurance GST-free if paid from outside AU?

Auspost offer varying insurance limits (now called Extra Cover [by an ex-Healthfund employee? :rolleyes: ] ) depending on destination - how does the DRC cope or show this?

Registered post International is no longer available for parcels. [i.e. also no automatic insurance]

Do we need a package module eg size of cartons, and number of product per carton?

or else... LOVL

The shipping rates are correct from the DRC!!!

The high amount is due to the 3kg "allowance" on top of the product weight.

eg

SEA mail to europe for package of 500g plus 3kg packaging is $42.15. Less gst is $38.32 plus $5 P&H plus $7.50 INS is $50.82

voila!

Now the questions -

Where is the 3kg in the code?

Is the postage GST-free if paid from outside AU? or just the product?

Is Insurance GST-free if paid from outside AU?

Auspost offer varying insurance limits (now called Extra Cover [by an ex-Healthfund employee? :rolleyes: ] ) depending on destination - how does the DRC cope or show this?

Registered post International is no longer available for parcels. [i.e. also no automatic insurance]

Do we need a package module eg size of cartons, and number of product per carton?

I am still looking out how big a deal it might be to add product dimensions into the products database and modify the code in product info and admin routines to handle it. If I can get that info in for each product, the DRC call should work perfectly instead of defaulting all package sizes to 100x100x100cm

Thanks. I have reinstalled twice now, and got most of working,

I found another typo - missing return - in catalog\includes\modules\auspostair.php line 81:

// End calculating Insurance $url ="http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=$dest_country&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=AIR&Height=$sheight&Width=$swidth&Length=$slength&Quantity=$shipping_num_boxes";

should be:

// End calculating Insurance

$url ="http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=$dest_country&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=AIR&Height=$sheight&Width=$swidth&Length=$slength&Quantity=$shipping_num_boxes";

Now just for the overseas rates (sea & air) which are a little high.

Oh, the error was introduced in Australia Post 2.02c

I installed the earlier one.

I am still looking out how big a deal it might be to add product dimensions into the products database and modify the code in product info and admin routines to handle it. If I can get that info in for each product, the DRC call should work perfectly instead of defaulting all package sizes to 100x100x100cm

It looks to me that the problem is in this area

function install() {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable auspostair', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer auspostair?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Dispatch Postcode', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SPCODE', '2000', 'Dispatch Postcode?', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable Insurance', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_INS_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to include insurance?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Insurance Base Cost', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_INS_BASE', '7.50', 'Cost for the first unit of insurance.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Insurance Addition Cost', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_INS_ADD', '2.00', 'Cost for each addition unit of insurance over Base Cost', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Insurance Unit Size', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_INS_UNIT', '100', 'Insurance units are based on these increments - (size in Dollars).', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Maximum Weight (kg)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_MAX_WEIGHT', '20', 'Maximum weight allowed by AustPost (in kg). A packaging allowance of <b>3 kg</b> is allowed. EG. 20 - 3 = 17. 17 becomes cutoff point for use.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Handling Fee', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_HANDLING', '5.00', 'Handling Fee for this shipping method', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Parcel Height (mm)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SHEIGHT', '100', 'Parcel Height (in mm)', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Parcel Width (mm)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SWIDTH', '100', 'Parcel Width (in mm)', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Parcel Depth (mm)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SDEPTH', '100', 'Parcel Depth (in mm)', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");

It looks to me that the problem is in this area

function install() {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable auspostair', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer auspostair?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Dispatch Postcode', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SPCODE', '2000', 'Dispatch Postcode?', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable Insurance', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_INS_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to include insurance?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Insurance Base Cost', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_INS_BASE', '7.50', 'Cost for the first unit of insurance.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Insurance Addition Cost', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_INS_ADD', '2.00', 'Cost for each addition unit of insurance over Base Cost', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Insurance Unit Size', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_INS_UNIT', '100', 'Insurance units are based on these increments - (size in Dollars).', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Maximum Weight (kg)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_MAX_WEIGHT', '20', 'Maximum weight allowed by AustPost (in kg). A packaging allowance of <b>3 kg</b> is allowed. EG. 20 - 3 = 17. 17 becomes cutoff point for use.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Handling Fee', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_HANDLING', '5.00', 'Handling Fee for this shipping method', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Parcel Height (mm)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SHEIGHT', '100', 'Parcel Height (in mm)', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Parcel Width (mm)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SWIDTH', '100', 'Parcel Width (in mm)', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Parcel Depth (mm)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SDEPTH', '100', 'Parcel Depth (in mm)', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOSTAIR_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");

You can change the defaults in the file, or you should be able to do it in admin (if that feature still exists in this version).

thanks for the tips, I will continue looking into it. Seems to be working ok I just pass the cubic weight of the item for all shipping within Australia, it is just the overseas stuff that fails when using cubic weight, so I may just remove that option and maybe try another method for international shipping zones.

• 2 months later...

DRC link problems???

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing problems with the auspost modules in the last 24 hours? I was working on my site yesterday and was checking products out of my store with no problems then today all of a sudden I am experiencing a major problem when checking out. It takes a long time for the Delivery information screen to load and when it does finally I have the following errors on the top of the screen:

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=4032&Destination_Postcode=4105&Country=AU&Weight=210&Service_Type=STANDARD&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/inmy/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 80

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/inmy/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/auspost.php on line 81

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=4032&Destination_Postcode=4105&Country=AU&Weight=210&Service_Type=EXPRESS&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/inmy/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/auspostexpress.php on line 81

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/inmy/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/auspostexpress.php on line 82

I have looked in the two files where these errors are occuring and it is where the drc url appears. Also when the page finally loads each auspost option has the following error: "ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I have not made any changes to these modules in the last 24 hours so why this is suddenly happening I dont know. Is it possible that the drc site is down or under maintenance or the url for the rate calculator has changed?

Any ideas?