• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Voucher Admin Email Problems

tedmcdonald

Howdy Ian and others.

Ian I think that you have come up with a terrific piece of code. I thank you all the others who have worked tirelessly to make this a reality.

I recently updated to the newest (oct 6) credit_class_GV

1. I tried for the first time to send a $5.00 voucher to all 500+ of my customers; however, when I go to my Gift Vouchers Sent admin area, it indicates that less than 160 vouchers were sent. What happened to the 340 other voucher emails?

2. I sent my emails from an admin that is set up in an SSL environment that has a different domain name than my Catalog domain. All the links sent in the emails use the SSL address which does not have the gv_redeem.php. When I tried adding it with a symbolic link, it brought up an error on line 40. As a temporary fix, I added a gv_redeem.php that redirects to the catalog domain's gv_redeem.php.

All help welcome.

Best Regards, Ted

Ted,

Have you done a bulk mailing from oscommerce before(e.g. Newsletter)

I can't think of anything in my code that would cause this although I certainly take a look. It may turn out to be a server set up problem.

Can you provide more details of your server/email setup.

Not sure what the answer is for the gv redeem problem as I would have to cater for a number of situations. You can force the use of non ssl by adding some parameters to tep_href_link. I can certainly forward the code for your situation.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

Howdy Ian

I wrote:

I sent my emails from an admin that is set up in an SSL environment that has a different domain name than my Catalog domain. All the links sent in the emails use the SSL address which does not have the gv_redeem.php. When I tried adding it with a symbolic link, it brought up an error on line 40. As a temporary fix, I added a gv_redeem.php that redirects to the catalog domain's gv_redeem.php.

You answered:

Not sure what the answer is for the gv redeem problem as I would have to cater for a number of situations. You can force the use of non ssl by adding some parameters to tep_href_link. I can certainly forward the code for your situation.

I ask:

I would LOVE the code for my situation. What should I do? I also noticed that the direct links generated by the email, such as:

https://SSL-Admin.com/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=d...e0dae131540f465

even if I manually change to:

http://ActualCatalog.com/gv_redeem.php?gv_...e0dae131540f465

do not seem to work. The link simply brings me to the standard gv_redeem.php page and requests that I manually add the voucher number.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best, Ted

PS. This is certainly one of the most useful contributions. Keep up the great work!

In admin, do you have your HTTP_SERVER set to a https??

Any way, this should fix things, and is better coding from my point of view.

Edit gv_mail.php

on line 80 and 81 change both occurrences of HTTP_SERVER for HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.