• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Optional Related Products, Version 4.0

Skittles

Great Contribution, no problems with the install for me.

The one thing I'd like to ask about/suggest is a way to have the lists display in Alphabetic/Numeric Order. When pairing products, they seem to display by the order of their record number which make finding the one item you want to relate to the master item kind of hard. I think this would be just a simple sort order in the display function, but I'm no SQL guru.

Edit: Oh--is there any way to mass-import/export related products via CSV files? That would make what I'm doing a snap.

Thanks for any help.

BTW--Skittles, I grew up just outside of Eugene, OR.

I wanted to do something simular, I wanted to have the admin side display the model numbers in order and after messing around a bit I found where to make necessary changes.

Only 5 small changes are needed in file *catalog*/admin/optional_related_products.php

Find

$products = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by pd.products_name");

replace with:

$products = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by p.products_model");

Do that for all 5 instances and now all is ordered by p.products_model instead of pd.products_name

Hi,

I just installed this new version of this contribution, and I have one question. When I enable the name of products to show in the box, the names don't break in 2 lines if they're long, so it's only one long line that stretches the box and then pushes the right column to the right. Is there any way to make the names break in 2 or 3 lines to avoid this? I see that on other boxes from other contributions, but I have no clue as to how that is done.

Here's an example of what I am talking about:

http://ayurvedayogashop.com/ayurvedic-cook...-kit-p-161.html

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Hi,

I just installed this new version of this contribution, and I have one question. When I enable the name of products to show in the box, the names don't break in 2 lines if they're long, so it's only one long line that stretches the box and then pushes the right column to the right. Is there any way to make the names break in 2 or 3 lines to avoid this? I see that on other boxes from other contributions, but I have no clue as to how that is done.

Here's an example of what I am talking about:

http://ayurvedayogashop.com/ayurvedic-cook...-kit-p-161.html

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Never mind... I got no answers, so I had to redo the layout and top banner of the shop for it to show the right column properly...

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Hello,

I have just installed this contrib. ITs a nice work. But my products are such that they have lots of related products, so its quite a heavy work to add only one item at a time. Is there any way to add more than one products? i mean instead of using drop down, how about using a combo box where we can select multiple products?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Hat3,

According to the error message, your product_info.php file is calling optional_related_products.php from the [catalog/]includes/modules directory, but the file is missing.

Assuming everything was working before making your modifications, it looks like the module file hasn't been uploaded to the modules directory.

Upload the module file, and see if that fixes it.

-Skittles

I think I have a problem with my product_info.php file because I don't think I'm calling optional_related_products.php at all inside de whole code.

Please HELP!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

v.4.0 works fine, except:

When modifing a product "EDIT", it gets a php error and the product appears empty.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

PHP Error Message

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

PHP Error Message

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Other contrib installed:

CUSTOM PRODUCT BUILDER

SPECIALS IN SCROLL

OSC V2.2rc2a

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

I want to use optional related products with hide price and buy now if price = 0

changed

if (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_PRICE == 'True') {
	$caption .= '<p>' . sprintf(RELATED_PRODUCTS_PRICE_TEXT, $products_price_slave) . '</p>' . "\n";
  }

to

if (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_PRICE == 'True')
   {
	 if ($attributes_values['products_price'] < 0.01){
echo ''. TEXT_STOCK_SOLD_OUT . '';
} else
	$caption .= '<p>' . sprintf(RELATED_PRODUCTS_PRICE_TEXT, $products_price_slave) . '</p>' . "\n";
  }

and

if (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_BUY_NOW== 'True') {
	echo '<a href="'
					. tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))
					. 'action=rp_buy_now&rp_products_id=' . $products_id_slave) . '">'
					. tep_image_button('button_rp_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_RP_BUY_NOW) . '</a>';
  }
  echo '</td>' . "\n";

to

if ($attributes_values['products_price'] < 0.01){

} else
	echo '<a href="'
					. tep_image_button('button_rp_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_RP_BUY_NOW) . '</a>';
  }
  echo '</td>' . "\n";

and it seems to be working BUT I am not a coder and I am just copying pasting code , is ther someone that can suggest a clearer solution??

Anyone know what code you would insert or modify to allow for "specials" pricing (ie: one line old price crossed out, new line new "special" price) show up like in the specials mod?

again I copy paste and modify the code from product_info.php changing $product_info to $attributes_values

I changed

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($products_id_slave)) {
	$products_price_slave = $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id']));
  } else {
	$products_price_slave = $currencies->display_price($attributes_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id']));

to

$products_price_slave = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($attributes_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
  $products_price_slave = $currencies->display_price($attributes_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id']));

;

Again it seems to be working but I am not sure if it messes another thing somewhere else on the site

Edited by diy

this module works fine for me except the the product price has a @ in front of it..i tried to search for it and couldn't find it in the new files...any ideas?

you can look here

the instrunctions state

catalog/]includes/languages/english/product_info.php

Add anywhere before the final "?>"

/* Optional Related Products (ORP) */

define('TEXT_RELATED_PRODUCTS', 'Other Products You Might Like');

define('RELATED_PRODUCTS_MODEL_COMBO', ' (%s)');

define('RELATED_PRODUCTS_PRICE_TEXT', '@ %s');

define('RELATED_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY_TEXT', 'Only %s left!');

/***********************************/

So delete the @ in define('RELATED_PRODUCTS_PRICE_TEXT', '@ %s');

PS sorry for posting 3 times

Second, the text is contained in paragraph tags (<p></p>) within the table cell (<td></td>) which uses the class "productListing-data". To change the appearance, (text size, line spacing, etc.), add a new css definition in stylesheet.css. Look for:

TD.productListing-data {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

Immediately after, add a new class definition for the paragraph tag. For example, to make the font size always 90% of the size defined for TD.productListing-data, add this definition:

TD.productListing-data P {

font-size: .9em;

}

I followed the above advice from this thread in trying to change the size of the font, however it's remaining the saem. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

I've installed the contrib and got to the backend where I was able to press the sql install button to set up the db, but I was immediately re-directed to the login page. i manually put in the variables and got it to work but when I tried add a related product it did it again!

I'm also getting this error in the front end

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_RELATED_PRODUCTS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/product_info.php on line 227

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_RELATED_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxx/html/product_info.php on line 227

Looking forward to getting this working, looks good!

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have just installed this contrib and all the admin side of things is working fine.

However when I add related products to a product it is not displaying the related items and the right hand boxes have disappeared (shopping cart, notifications, whats new etc).

Has anyone come accross this problem before or can help in any way?

Thanks,

Martin.

Hello,

I just installed the latest version of this contribbution, and everything seems to be working fine, except for the thumbs...

I am also running More_Pics_6 so i guess this has something to do with it.. but i am no php expert...

It har helped in other instanses to change

['products_image'] to ['image_filename'] but i just can't seem to get it to work this time..

has anybody got any experience with this?

Thank you in advance :-D

sometime ago someone posted a modification that would add related products into the shopping_cart.php page.

this was a good addition I felt but the code showed the product images next to each other but the text appeared as a list underneath. I have modified the code slightly so the image and text appear on separate rows.

The code that follows is for a page titled optional_related_cart.php and needs to uploaded into the modules directory

<?php

/*
 $Id: optional_related_cart.php, ver 1.0 02/05/2007 Exp $

Based on code from Contribution: Optional Related Products Ver 4.0
 Copyright © 2007 Anita Cross (http://www.callofthewildphoto.com/)

Based on code from Optional Relate Products, ver 2.0 05/01/2005
 Copyright © 2004-2005 Daniel Bahna ([email protected])

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<?php
//first see if there are any related products to display, if not - show nothing
$productid_array = array();
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products);$i<$n; $i++) {
 $productid_array[$i] = $products[$i]['id'];
}

$orderBy = 'ORDER BY ';
 $orderBy .= (RELATED_PRODUCTS_RANDOMIZE)?'rand()':'pop_order_id, pop_id';
 $orderBy .= (RELATED_PRODUCTS_MAX_DISP)?' limit ' . RELATED_PRODUCTS_MAX_DISP:'';

for ($i=0; $i<$n; $i++) {

$attributes = "
	 SELECT
	 pop_products_id_slave,
	 products_name,
	 products_model,
	 products_price,
	 products_quantity,
	 products_tax_class_id,
	 products_image
	 FROM " .
	 TABLE_PRODUCTS_RELATED_PRODUCTS . ", " .
	 TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pa, ".
	 TABLE_PRODUCTS . " pb
	 WHERE pop_products_id_slave = pa.products_id
	 AND pa.products_id = pb.products_id
	 AND language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'
	 AND pop_products_id_master = '". $products[$i]['id'] ."'
	 AND products_status='1' " . $orderBy;
 $attribute_query = tep_db_query($attributes);

if (mysql_num_rows($attribute_query)==0) {
?>

<?php
 } else {
 //if there are related products, let's show the header
 ?>
<tr>
 <td>
<table class="productlisting" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%">
<tr>
  <td align="left" class="productListing-heading"> <?php echo TEXT_RELATED_PRODUCTS ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
//now we'll get a list of the products in the cart
$productid_array = array();
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products);$i<$n; $i++) {
 $productid_array[$i] = $products[$i]['id'];
}

$orderBy = 'ORDER BY ';
 $orderBy .= (RELATED_PRODUCTS_RANDOMIZE)?'rand()':'pop_order_id, pop_id';
 $orderBy .= (RELATED_PRODUCTS_MAX_DISP)?' limit ' . RELATED_PRODUCTS_MAX_DISP:'';
//now we'll cycle through the list of products in the cart
for ($i=0; $i<$n; $i++) {

//this is the query 
 $attributes = "
	 SELECT
	 pop_products_id_slave,
	 products_name,
	 products_model,
	 products_price,
	 products_quantity,
	 products_tax_class_id,
	 products_image
	 FROM " .
	 TABLE_PRODUCTS_RELATED_PRODUCTS . ", " .
	 TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pa, ".
	 TABLE_PRODUCTS . " pb
	 WHERE pop_products_id_slave = pa.products_id
	 AND pa.products_id = pb.products_id
	 AND language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'
	 AND pop_products_id_master = '". $products[$i]['id'] ."'
	 AND products_status='1' " . $orderBy;
 $attribute_query = tep_db_query($attributes);

if (mysql_num_rows($attribute_query)>0) {
 $count = 0;
}
?>
<tr>
  <td align="left" class="productListing-data">
	<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%" align="center">

<?php
while ($attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_query)) {
//if it's already in the cart, there is no need to display it again, right?
	if (!in_array($attributes_values['pop_products_id_slave'], $productid_array)) {
array_push($productid_array, $attributes_values['pop_products_id_slave']);
//make a list of related products	
  $products_name_slave = ($attributes_values['products_name']);
  $products_model_slave = ($attributes_values['products_model']);
  $products_qty_slave = ($attributes_values['products_quantity']);
  $products_id_slave = ($attributes_values['pop_products_id_slave']);
	$products_price_slave = $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id']));
  } else {
  }
  echo '' . "\n";
  // show thumb image if Enabled
  if (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_THUMBS == 'True') {
	echo '<tr><td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_id_slave) . '">' . "\n"
		 . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $attributes_values['products_image'], $attributes_values['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"').'</a><br> ' . "\n";
  }
  $caption = '';
  if (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_NAME == 'True') {
	$caption .= '<td class="productListing-data" align="left"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_id_slave) . '">' .  $products_name_slave . '</a>';
	if (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_MODEL == 'True') {
	  $caption .= sprintf(RELATED_PRODUCTS_MODEL_COMBO, $products_model_slave);
	}
	$caption .= '</td>' . "\n";
  } elseif (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_MODEL == 'True') {
	$caption .=  '<p>' . $products_model_slave . '</p>' . "\n";
  }
	$caption .= '<td class="productListing-data" align="right"> ' . sprintf(RELATED_PRODUCTS_PRICE_TEXT, $products_price_slave) . '</td>' . "\n";
  }
  if (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_QUANTITY == 'True') {
	$caption .= '<p>' . sprintf(RELATED_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY_TEXT, $products_qty_slave) . '</p>' . "\n";
  }
  echo '<a href="'
					. tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_id_slave) . '">'
					. $caption . '</a>' . "\n";
	echo '<td class="productListing-data" align="left" width="15%">  <a href="'
					. RELATED_PRODUCTS_BUY_NOW_TEXT . '</a></td>';
  }
  echo '</tr>' . "\n";
  $count++;
  if ((RELATED_PRODUCTS_USE_ROWS == 'True') && ($count%RELATED_PRODUCTS_PER_ROW == 0)) {
	echo '</tr>' . "\n";
  }
}
}

?>
	</tr></table>
		<?php
}
//}
?>
  </td>
</tr></table>
 </td>

</tr>
<?php
}
}
?>

the following needs to be inserted into shopping_cart.php

<tr width="100%">
			  <td align="center" class="main">
			  <?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'optional_related_cart.php'); ?>
			  </td>
			</tr>

the language additions that were added to languages/english/product_info.php need to be added to languages/english/shopping_cart.php

filenames.php will need to be amended to include optional_related_cart.php

• 1 month later...

Hello

May I firstly congratulate the contributor of this mod and everyone else who did hard work to get it to this stage. It is in deed a must have option.

I've just managed to install this contribution on my slightly modded site. The Admin side seems to work flowlessly, however, in testing, I added a related product to one of the items and now when I go that product's page I get the following error message at the top of the page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mws_header() in /home/discount/public_html/includes/modules/optional_related_products.php on line 44

The main product does show up as normal but I obviously don't get the related product at the bottom.

I believe the error code refers to the statement:

<?php echo mws_header(TEXT_RELATED_PRODUCTS); ?>

I did a quick content search on the site and did not find any other references or declararions for this function! I'm am pretty much a beginner in PHP and don't know what the error message is telling me. I therefore very much appreciate help on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ezboy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

i tried to install Optional Related Products, Version 4.0 on OSC 2.2, copying the files to the needed goals. As the result i am able to configure in the admin area, how the related products should be displayed, but when i step into catalog / related products, all i see are the install / uninstall - buttons. When i hit the related-products-button in catalog/articles, program leads me again to installation. i already uninstalled an installed again without any changes - so it seams to me, that something is going wrong with the SQL - but how to solve this problem? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

May I firstly congratulate the contributor of this mod and everyone else who did hard work to get it to this stage. It is in deed a must have option.

I've just managed to install this contribution on my slightly modded site. The Admin side seems to work flowlessly, however, in testing, I added a related product to one of the items and now when I go that product's page I get the following error message at the top of the page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mws_header() in /home/discount/public_html/includes/modules/optional_related_products.php on line 44

The main product does show up as normal but I obviously don't get the related product at the bottom.

I believe the error code refers to the statement:

<?php echo mws_header(TEXT_RELATED_PRODUCTS); ?>

I did a quick content search on the site and did not find any other references or declararions for this function! I'm am pretty much a beginner in PHP and don't know what the error message is telling me. I therefore very much appreciate help on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

The mws_header function is part of the Graphical Borders contribution. Without spending time digging through code I haven't looked at for months, I'd say you installed the optional code found in the Graphical Borders 2.1 folder instead of the core code. Try replacing the installed module with the module located in the catalog/includes/modules folder of the installation files.

-Skittles

again I copy paste and modify the code from product_info.php changing $product_info to $attributes_values

I changed

} else {

to

$products_price_slave = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($attributes_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {

;

Again it seems to be working but I am not sure if it messes another thing somewhere else on the site

Basicaly, it shouldn't. code for prices u quoted is used only in that page..when

is called if option is turned on.

I did that change and it doesn't mess up anything else.

i added a <br> before </s> <span class =.......

so if special price it display in 2 line not 1...

that way

.$products_price_slave = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br></s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

instead of

$products_price_slave = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

--------------------------

Also if some people are interested i did another change.

<p></p> tags are used to get back to next line, but using that method, you have a blank space between each line.

$caption .=  '<p>' . $products_name_slave . '</p>' . "";

so i changed it to

$caption .=  '' . $products_name_slave . '<br>' . "";

it do the same except there is no blank space anymore.

If u want to do it too.

Just change all occurences of

'<p>' to ''

and

'</p>' to '<br>'

and blank space between lines are gone.

Edited by Lgn.Magic

that way

.$products_price_slave = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br></s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

instead of

$products_price_slave = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

woups there is a mistake it's

$attributes_values['products_price]

instead of

$product_info['products_price']

in those 2 lines...

Somehow i can't edit my own post 30min after :s

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am having problem after installing ORP.

I have huge database of products, and I always get logged out after any adjustment, let it be adding, editing or deleting.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Please help....

Thanks