• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Optional Related Products, Version 4.0

Skittles

the application top file seems to have a bug somewhere...when i click add to cart on any product it gives me "Unable to determine the page link!"

I don't have any SEO installed there and in admin is disabled...any ideas?thanks

Hello... first, nice contribution, exactly wat I was looking for.

Is there a way to display all the related products of a product in a separate page?

I use the catalog to sell cell phones & accessoires.

Ex: Nokia 6500 has 2 compatible batteries, 4 headsets & 3 chargers

I don't like more then 1 row on the product info page or more then 5 products displayed.

Is it possible to display all compatible poducts in a page with a buy now button & price displayed?

Ex: clicking on "Other products you might like" would take you to that page.

Sorry for the strange grammer, English isn't my native language :blush:

Tnx

Edited by Whitespliff

Great contribution! And the support is very good :thumbsup:

I've read the whole thread, but can't find the answer - or i'm overlooking it.

I would like to change the width (make them bigger) of the dropdown A and B. We have al lot of products that start with the same words so it is difficult to find the right one when i want to relate a product.

It's probably a simple html-solution, but i can't find it... I hope somebody can!

Is there a way to display all the related products of a product in a separate page?

I don't like more then 1 row on the product info page or more then 5 products displayed.

Is it possible to display all compatible poducts in a page with a buy now button & price displayed?

Been looking for a way to do this but I'm totaly lost :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, thank you for all your work in providing your contribution to everyone.

I've got it installed and working as intended but (and it's a big 'but'), my idea was to use this as the basis of a feature I'd like to include on the site. I'm not even sure if this is the best starting point or not. I'm not 100% clueless with PHP but I'm not exactly an expert either. I have more of a passing acquaintance type of relationship.

I would like to know if anyone has any advice on how I could do a couple of things.

What I would like to achieve is the following:

I'm trying to do away with the individual product page, putting all functionality in the product listing. I already have the attributes, description, etc... on there and the image is now a link to enlarge it in lightbox. At the moment I'm trying to think of a way to include a button to the right of each product which will take you to a page of products randomly generated from RELATED CATEGORIES.

The shop is for clothes and is organised into collections. For example, there is a subcategory called "Ibiza Collection" in "Short Dresses", "Long Dresses", "Accessories", etc...

Therefore, if I could RELATE CATEGORIES instead of individual products, and then display a selection of the products from said categories, it would save us many, many hours of work and make the whole thing better automated. It's basically to show other products that go with the one in the product listing (or basket probably).

To sum-up, There are two things I need to do:

1 - Associate categories instead of products.

2 - Display products from associated categories in a separate window.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense - I'm stuck to the computer all day long if you need more information!. I would put a link so you could see what I mean but the site isn't live yet (it will supposedly go live in a couple of weeks).

Thanks a lot in advance for anything that might lead me in the right direction - I'm kind of desperate. :'(

HI,

Well i have installed that contribution withuot any problem and it seams to work perfectly so thanks for that !

And i have to admit tht i have rarely seen a so well done install.

Meantime i have noticed one small issue for me, just in the admin "optional_related_products.php" the previous / next page 1 l 2 l 3 >>

doenst seams to work

i m just stuck one the first page if i have got many products

so for a time being i have set up the limit to display per page to 999 (should be allright for my shop)

but i m wondering what the issue is

i have just used the file straight from the contribution "Optional Related Products 4.0"

Thank you very much for any answer

Laurent

EDIT

Well sorry i hate that i have been through the thread a second time and finally found the answer

if anyone got the same issue again just :

in optional_related_products.php around line 25

after this code

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

Add:

CODE

$option_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page'] : '1');

$value_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page'] : '1');

$attribute_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page'] : '1');

and that is it

I do not have the name of the original poster in front of me but thanks to him

cheers

laurent

Edited by lolofora

Upgraded related_products_4_0 from older version.

Now when I go to my administration panel and click on Related Products I get and this access denied message.

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

Therefore the sql_setup_related_products.php script will not install.

Does anyone have the SQL files code in notepad so I can install in MYPHP admin?

Can anyone lead me on the right track?

HELP...

Upgraded related_products_4_0 from older version.

Now when I go to my administration panel and click on Related Products I get and this access denied message.

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

Therefore the sql_setup_related_products.php script will not install.

Does anyone have the SQL files code in notepad so I can install in MYPHP admin?

Can anyone lead me on the right track?

HELP...

I just stumbled upon the same thing. It's probably because of another plugin you installed... I solved it this way. Go into your database with PHPMyAdmin and search for a table called "admin_files" . This table seems to contain the list of the files for which "right permission accesses" are checked.

Search in the field admin_files_name for files that belong into the "Catalog" box, for example "categories.php."

Copy the values of "admin_files_is_boxes" , "admin_files_to_boxes" and "admin_groups_id" for that file.

Now, insert two new rows in the table : for the first one, use "optional_related_products.php" in "admin_files_name"and for the second use "sql_setup_related_products.php." Set up the other values as the ones you copied earlier. Leave " admin_files_id" empty!

Once they are inserted, go back to your page -- you should be able to access it.

If anybody knows of an easier way (unsure which plug-in is the cause of this, because we all know what a mess plug-ins are in osCommerce) please let us know.

GREAT CONTRIBUTION!!!! thanks for your hard work!!!

my site is here

http://www.thesiliconhorizon.com

i am using an inventory system that displays "in stock" "out of stock" or "coming soon"

i want to add the code for that under the buy it now button in each row.....

then setup a stock level check for the buy now button.

Where is the code for the buy now button???

thanks!!!

nevermind!! i found it!!

to add stock quantity parsing text and enable or disable the buy it now button based on stockage...... get this mode

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2382

Stock Status in Product Listing v1.22

working with related products!!!!

it will display "in stock", "out of stock", or "coming soon" depending on your stock level #.

i set the coming soon to -1 (just for future products...

1) install Stock status in product listin v1.22

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2382

2) edit "\include\modules\optional_related_products.php"

remove this:

if (RELATED_PRODUCTS_SHOW_QUANTITY == 'True') {
       $caption .= '<p>' . sprintf(RELATED_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY_TEXT, $products_qty_slave) . '</p>' . "\n";
     }

3) same file

find this:

echo '<a href="'
					. tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_id_slave) . '">'
					. $caption . '</a>' . "\n";

add after the above text:

if ($products_qty_slave == 0) {
 echo "<span class='markProductOutOfStock' style='color:#B22222'><b>Out of Stock</b></span>\n";
} elseif ($products_qty_slave > 0) {

echo "<span class='markProductOutOfStock' style='color:#7FFF00'><b>In Stock><br><br></b></span>\n";

}elseif ($products_qty_slave == -1) {

echo "<span class='markProductOutOfStock' <style='color:#FF8C00'><b>Coming soon!</b></span>\n";

}

of course you can change the buy button as necessary, font colors, stock text and levels as you like!!!

here is a screenshot of my mod:

stockagemod.jpg

Edited by drex

I just stumbled upon the same thing. It's probably because of another plugin you installed... I solved it this way. Go into your database with PHPMyAdmin and search for a table called "admin_files" . This table seems to contain the list of the files for which "right permission accesses" are checked.

Search in the field admin_files_name for files that belong into the "Catalog" box, for example "categories.php."

Copy the values of "admin_files_is_boxes" , "admin_files_to_boxes" and "admin_groups_id" for that file.

Now, insert two new rows in the table : for the first one, use "optional_related_products.php" in "admin_files_name"and for the second use "sql_setup_related_products.php." Set up the other values as the ones you copied earlier. Leave " admin_files_id" empty!

Once they are inserted, go back to your page -- you should be able to access it.

If anybody knows of an easier way (unsure which plug-in is the cause of this, because we all know what a mess plug-ins are in osCommerce) please let us know.

Thanks maathieu...

I may try that later, it seems alittle difficult for me to achive.

As always backup first...

I would think someone would have an easier way for beginners like me!!!

Also does anyone have an better contribution that will do related products without having to put each one in manually, as I have 20,000 products and inserting each one manually will take a year or two...

I am still using version 2.0 and it is so slow, it takes about 5 minutes for the page to refresh after I insert/relate a product.

Automatic Related Products!!!!!

Please........

Can anyone help me please?

Can anyone tell me where get the raw SQL code (notepad/wordpad document) to insert into MYPHP Admin instead of using sql_setup_related_products.php file supplied in version 4.0?

As I am still getting the access denied error when I try to access it in my admin panel.

I have installed every version of this contribution with no problems and want to use the new version 4.0...

I have tried to install 4.0 about 6 times with no success.

Same error every time.

Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated...

Hi guys,

Referring to my idea to make a "Related Categories" contrib based on this excellent contribution:

I've managed to modify the code in order to associate whole categories instead of individual products and now I'm thinking of how to actually use it to display the contents of related categories when a customer clicks on a related products link in the product listing. I really need some help with this as I've got a really tight deadline and I'm more than slightly rubbish!

Here's a link to a topic I've opened for this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300489

Cheers!

Joseph

Can anyone help me please?

Can anyone tell me where get the raw SQL code (notepad/wordpad document) to insert into MYPHP Admin instead of using sql_setup_related_products.php file supplied in version 4.0?

As I am still getting the access denied error when I try to access it in my admin panel.

I have installed every version of this contribution with no problems and want to use the new version 4.0...

I have tried to install 4.0 about 6 times with no success.

Same error every time.

Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated...

Hi,

I think it is this:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `products_related_products` (
     `pop_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
     `pop_products_id_master` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
     `pop_products_id_slave` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
     `pop_order_id` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
     PRIMARY KEY  (`pop_id`)
   ) TYPE=MyISAM;

I'm not 100% sure though.

I think you may also have to change the name of the table from products_options_products to products_related_products.

Hope that helps, it's just part of the sql_setup_related_products.php file.

Joseph

I'm really struggling to use Optional Related Products with STS, despite following the advice in this forum on the subject.

Creating my own placeholder by:

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_RELATED_PRODUCTS);

$sts->stop_capture('related_products', 'box');

in "sts_user_code.php"

and inserting

$related_products$ into "product_info.php.html"

The text "$related_products$" is displayed on the page!

The REQUIRE statement above works fine in standard product_info.php

Any advice gratefully received.

I'm really struggling to use Optional Related Products with STS, despite following the advice in this forum on the subject.

Creating my own placeholder by:

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_RELATED_PRODUCTS);

$sts->stop_capture('related_products', 'box');

in "sts_user_code.php"

and inserting

$related_products$ into "product_info.php.html"

The text "$related_products$" is displayed on the page!

The REQUIRE statement above works fine in standard product_info.php

Any advice gratefully received.

im using it with STS.

the secret is to not edit anything in STS!!!

edit the real files instead!!

leave STS alone.

hahaha.

it works.

Hi

Great contrib - just installed and it works great so far!

What I am wondering is, as many of my products have lots of related products, Currently, for design reasons I am only showing a maximum of 8 products.

Is there a way to give a link to "ciew all related products" ?

Thanks a lot

The author don't seem to read this thread anymore, anybody else any suggestions?

Tnx

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thank you to anyone who worked on this contribution - it's the easiest one I've ever installed, thank you for the excellent instructions, it works like a dream.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there.

I just want you folks to know I have not been intentionally ignoring you!

I have a subscription to this topic that is "suppose" to email whenever there is a reply to the topic. I rely on that notice because, like so many of you, I have a "day job". Unfortunately, I haven't been getting any notifications.

If you ask a question on this thread, and I don't jump in to help within a day's time, feel free to PM me to get my attention.

I prefer we keep the info on the forum, for the most part, so the answer to your question will be available for those who come after you. So the PM doesn't need to be long and detailed...

Whitespliff, yes, it is possible to display all of the related products in a separate page. However, this contribution doesn't currently have that capability. You will need to create a new page, not unlike the category display of the index page, but with code to call the related products based on the product_id.

tpboles and ollyno1uk2, are you looking for a page similar to what Whitespliff is asking for? Or are you looking for something in the Admin?

-Skittles

P.S. For those of you looking to see this contribution in action, I've finally used it on one of my own sites! You can see it here:

http://www.SimplySilkTM.com (Go to the Silk Orchids category--in the right-hand column--and choose any orchid with several color choices.)

Hey there.

I just want you folks to know I have not been intentionally ignoring you!

I have a subscription to this topic that is "suppose" to email whenever there is a reply to the topic. I rely on that notice because, like so many of you, I have a "day job". Unfortunately, I haven't been getting any notifications.

If you ask a question on this thread, and I don't jump in to help within a day's time, feel free to PM me to get my attention.

I prefer we keep the info on the forum, for the most part, so the answer to your question will be available for those who come after you. So the PM doesn't need to be long and detailed...

Whitespliff, yes, it is possible to display all of the related products in a separate page. However, this contribution doesn't currently have that capability. You will need to create a new page, not unlike the category display of the index page, but with code to call the related products based on the product_id.

tpboles and ollyno1uk2, are you looking for a page similar to what Whitespliff is asking for? Or are you looking for something in the Admin?

-Skittles

P.S. For those of you looking to see this contribution in action, I've finally used it on one of my own sites! You can see it here:

http://www.SimplySilkTM.com (Go to the Silk Orchids category--in the right-hand column--and choose any orchid with several color choices.)

Basically i would like for the related products to show after adding the item to your cart. So in my case you would add the product (flooring) to your cart and at that point it would show what products (trim) are avilable for that product. Hope you understand. Thanks

Edited by tpboles