• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

mailing weight oddness

itinerant baker

I'm trying to set up a basic table weight system for the postage costs. To begin with I want to charge £1 for every 0.1Kg (to cover packing costs etc aswell) (but also want the option of altering the table in the future so for greater weights the cost goes down - but that's irelevant to this.....)

For the moment all items are 0.1Kg therefore £1 for postage. The odd thing I've noticed is that for the first 2 items it works (0.2kg - £2) but for 3 items it gives 0.4kg (£4), then 4 gives the correct weight as does 5, but 6 jumps a weight again, and so on. I'm sure I've turned all my tarre and packing cost options off, but that's the only thing I can think i've missed.

This is using the table rate that comes out of the box, but I also installed UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods and it does the same.

For the moment I'm just going to use the per item postage, but that's not ideal as it gets expensive for a lot of items - and also indicates something's not 100% right about my setup. :(

Any ideas what I've missed?

I was thinking tare and packaging would be the point to look also...

I assume it works the same if the products were in pounds.. 1 ,2 3, etc...

If I see anything relating I will post...

I have a need to get that EasyPopulate progam working...

Sometimes it seems there is no one here..ha...

Regards,

Steve

Perdido Beach, Alabama

• 2 weeks later...

Those 2 are all I can think of at the moment. This is getting a bit irritating as I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious.

Sorry, can't really help with easypopulate as mine sort of just works (touch wood!) (Apart from the product attributes which I don't really use anyway as I don't like the way it's implemented in admin.)

Hi, probably more of a novice than anyone here, but there is something to do with the Tare weight in shipping (needs to be zero i think), which seems to make eveything go off - apparently!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Archived