Sign in to follow this  
xperyens

cookie usage problem

Hello. I'm having this problem and i can't fix it. When i set in my admin section "Force Cookie Use" i get an error in my frontpage. When i click the "buy now" button, i get the error: "Your browser does not accept cookies". My browser accept cookies, it's set well. If i set "Force Cookie Use" to false then everithing is working fine but with session id path in my links like that: http://www.multiservice-canon.ro/multiserv...cac2c9fcb77eae0 . Thank you in advance.

You shouldn't use Force Cookies exactly for that reason. Many people will move to another site when they see that message. You are better off turning that off, turning Prevent Spiders on and installing the Ultimate SEO contribution to rewrite the URL's.

Jack

Hello. I'm having this problem and i can't fix it. When i set in my admin section "Force Cookie Use" i get an error in my frontpage. When i click the "buy now" button, i get the error: "Your browser does not accept cookies". My browser accept cookies, it's set well. If i set "Force Cookie Use" to false then everithing is working fine but with session id path in my links like that: http://www.multiservice-canon.ro/multiserv...cac2c9fcb77eae0 . Thank you in advance.

Normally the 'Force Cookie Use' should be set to false. If the session id stays with your url after a few clicks in your shop it mostly means the settings for

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.yourdomain.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.yourdomain.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

within the (catalog)/includes/configure.php are wrong.