• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Leapfrog - Dynamic Visitor Tracking

Sandbag

Hello from Spain and sorry for my bad English:

In the table leapfrog, row click_time, the data stored is in format Unix (I think).

I Will see in date format? (2007/04/20 15:30:25).

Thank you.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the table leapfrog, row click_time, the data stored is in format Unix (I think).

Thank you.

Sorry for repeat, but I receiving error to the server

Edited by Marcial

Thank you.

Sorry for repeat, but I receiving error to the server

The date is stored in mySQL date time format (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS). However the date is not displayed in the Leapfrog GUI as things happen in realtime.

The date is stored in mySQL date time format (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS). However the date is not displayed in the Leapfrog GUI as things happen in realtime.

Ok Sandbag, Thank you. But I will can see in mysql table to date time format.?

Actually, I see it of this form.

mysql.jpg

Ok Sandbag, Thank you. But I will can see in mysql table to date time format.?

Actually, I see it of this form.

mysql.jpg

Hi. Yes you are right and I was wrong in my previous post. The time is stored in unix time (seconds since Jan 1, 1970) not mysql date format as I previously mentioned. You could write a little PHP script to convert the seconds into a more readable format if you wish.

Hi. Yes you are right and I was wrong in my previous post. The time is stored in unix time (seconds since Jan 1, 1970) not mysql date format as I previously mentioned. You could write a little PHP script to convert the seconds into a more readable format if you wish.

Hello Sand newly:

Thanks for your quick answer

I´m sorry but i cant make this script because I have no idea about write in php code, if it is posible, could you write it for me?

. I could SQL consult in MyAdmin?

You could write me, code or SQL? Please.

Thank You

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ed,

I seem to be having some diffculty installing your latest contribution. I am getting varios errors at the moment and I don't know why. I followed your instructions tto the T but I guess there is something missing.

1) The first error after I installed is the LDF001 error that I saw in the forum.

I get a prompt:

Unable to connect to the Leapfrog data feed.

Please read the following suggestions:

1. Do you have an admin login contribution installed? If so you must edit it to allow Leapfrog to access '/admin/leapfrog_feed.php'.

2. Are you using IE and SSL? There is a known issue with this setup. Please see INSTALL.txt for details. Alternatively switch to Firefox.

3. Visit the support thread on the official osCommerce forum. There might be an answer there.

I have an SSL connection but I uses Firefox and it still does not work.

2) The second is an error when I try to see the xml that evryone is talking about i get a Fatal error.

http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/admin/le...amp;lastclick=1

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: lf_getclicks() in /hsphere/local/home/xxxxx/www.xxxxxx.com/catalog/admin/leapfrog_feed.php on line 43

What can this be? Is there something missing.

I haven't seen any fixes for this and. I have an htaccess file and a highly modified store.

I have tried disabling htaccess and everything in the forum but no luck. I used version 1.3.

Edited by eurolife

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ed ! thank you for the very nice contribution.

My question about using "leapfrog" and "user tracking" together

is there any problem to be expected ?

and do you think using both of them may slowdown shop performance ?

thanx Miclosh

Hi Ed ! thank you for the very nice contribution.

My question about using "leapfrog" and "user tracking" together

is there any problem to be expected ?

and do you think using both of them may slowdown shop performance ?

thanx Miclosh

I don't think there will be a problem as the code is seperate. Performance will be slower because more data is being inserted into the database, but that performance drop probably won't be noticeable.

I've just installed this and think it's a great contribution.

However, the IP addresses appeared to be wrong. I was browsing from Demon in the UK, but was being reported as being on Lycos (who host my stores). Doing a quick check on the code (I'm no programmer!) and a comparison with another visitor reporting contribution, I made the following change:

In catalog/includes/functions/leapfrog.php, find:

$wo_ip_address = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');

and replace it with:

$wo_ip_address = tep_get_ip_address();

After uploading the modified file, the IP address of my customers is being correctly reported.

Thanks again for a great contribution.

edit... Just thinking about this, I'm not sure if tep_get_ip_address is standard in OSC installations, so this fix might not work for everyone...

Edited by andrew71

In catalog/includes/functions/leapfrog.php, find:

$wo_ip_address = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');

and replace it with:

$wo_ip_address = tep_get_ip_address();

can someone confirm that we need to do this change for futur versions ?

MS2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i have installed leapfrog , but i`m not getting any data in my leapfrog table, i`m no programmer but i think the problem is because of sts that i have added. my code for footer is a bit different than normal its below.

can some one help?

<?php
// START STS 4.5
if ($sts->display_template_output) {
 // Get content here, in case column_right is not called.
 if (!isset($sts->template['content'])) $sts->restart_capture ('content');
} else {
//END STS

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');
?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
 <tr class="footer">
<td class="footer">  <?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>  </td>
<td align="right" class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td align="center" class="smallText">
<?php

echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY
?>
</td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {
?>
<br>
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td align="center" class="smallText">
  <?php echo 'Your IP Address is: ' . tep_get_ip_address(); ?>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
  require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'leapfrog.php');
 lf_update_tracking();
 ?>
<?php
 }
// START STS 4.1
}
// END STS 4.1

?>

Thanks Ajay.

• 5 months later...

Unable to connect to the Leapfrog data feed.

Please read the following suggestions:

1. Do you have an admin login contribution installed? If so you must edit it to allow Leapfrog to access '/admin/leapfrog_feed.php'.

2. Are you using IE and SSL? There is a known issue with this setup. Please see INSTALL.txt for details. Alternatively switch to Firefox.

3. Visit the support thread on the official osCommerce forum. There might be an answer there.

Code: LDF004

Damn it ! :) My database is tracking and working etc as I can see the leapfrog table updating etc but nothing is showing in firefox or ie

One thing I did notice is my store is set up that the admin and catalog directories are directly under the root ( ie that the admin is not under the catalog which is the way the contribution is packaged ) is there any problem here in that I installed it to my normal admin area.

PatForde: Please can you enter the following URL in your browser:

http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/admin/le...amp;lastclick=1

(obviously putting in the correct path to the leapfrog_feed.php file for your site) and then view the source code of the html page.

What do you get?

• 1 month later...
Does this put any extra strain on people browsing or your database? I do see a SQL dump, can i install it on a seperate database (as an optional extra) or has to be main table?

It is inserting information into the database whilst people are browsing, so yes, more SQL instructions are being executed.

I very much don't one new command will cause a stain on the database, and users won't notice the effect.

Putting the Leapfrog table into a new database is not possible without changing the code (because it uses the osCommerce database connection code which points to the original database).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great tools. I installed the contribution to CRE loaded and everything seems to be working great, just that I'm getting double entries with one that is accurate and the second shows up as welcome. Any clue on what is doing this?

I was able to get the tool working with some mods to the catalog/includes/functions/leapfrog.php. CRE running on windows server 2k3 has issues as it is so the evn vars had to be changed and some checks and balances had to be reformated. All this and I still get the double entry. It always adds an additional entry to the database for theindex.php paged after every click?

I'll continue to see where the problem is but if anyone has an idea let me know. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting the LDF001 error.

I've tried the http://www.ownsite.co.uk/osc/admin/leapfro...amp;lastclick=1

and am getting this:

Warning: fopen(includes/GeoIP.dat) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/21/d103259914/htdocs/cb/osc/admin/includes/geoip.inc on line 312

Warning: ftell(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /homepages/21/d103259914/htdocs/cb/osc/admin/includes/geoip.inc on line 266

lots of lines..... then:

Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in /homepages/21/d103259914/htdocs/cb/osc/admin/includes/geoip.inc on line 420

Any ideas please? I've made sure that all of the files are in the correct locations.

Many thanks,

Philth

• 1 month later...

I installed this on my site tonight and I'm having a problem with images. After installation I went into the leapfrog area of the admin panel. I saw the Guest 1 image box for about 20 seconds and then it dissapeared and now it's just a blank box with the settings button up top.

I'm using Firefox v2 browser on Linux in case that matters.

Update:

It's now working again. I reloaded the .sql file through PHPMyAdmin and now it's working fine. Hopefully it was just a glitch and it continues to work without problems.

Edited by Maxwell Smart