• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AlertPay Module

• 2 months later...
Am I to take it that no one is using this contribution at all?

Hi Barbara,

I installed it and it was very easy and straightforward.

I also improved it a bit (a tiny bit) by adding the AlertPay logo on it, and the different language files.

The thing with AlertPay is (unless I am wrong) that the customer needs to already have an existing account to be able to pay on the spot. If the customer doesn't already have an account, he/she needs to create it and then come back when it is up and running (with money in it or a credit card on file) to make the purchase. So that's indeed quite limitative...

I'm also looking for some reliable PayPal alternative....

Anybody found the "perfect" one?

Regards,

-Ben Martin

• 8 months later...
Hi Barbara,

I installed it and it was very easy and straightforward.

I also improved it a bit (a tiny bit) by adding the AlertPay logo on it, and the different language files.

The thing with AlertPay is (unless I am wrong) that the customer needs to already have an existing account to be able to pay on the spot. If the customer doesn't already have an account, he/she needs to create it and then come back when it is up and running (with money in it or a credit card on file) to make the purchase. So that's indeed quite limitative...

I'm also looking for some reliable PayPal alternative....

Anybody found the "perfect" one?

Regards,

-Ben Martin

It just so happens that i stop by at alertpay's office since i live in montreal and they had many cool features that they will be adding and i thought i would let you know that they are working a quick signup process so that users don't have to waste time registering an account and funding it to make a purchase. I don't know all the technicalities but it seems like they do read the forums and realize that several people are asking for a easier and smoother checkout function. If there is anything you want me to ask them next time i go let me know since i pass by regularly to pick up my check since the mail takes to long. Hope one day they will hear my cry to have a expediting options when receiving checks from alertpay like ups for example.

• 3 months later...

I was wondering about this too.

I have installed the alertpay module but it will not work.

When you are re-directed to the alertpay site to make the payment a message appears telling that the total can not be zero or negitive.

Any ideas on how to fix this. I'm sure it's just something simple but it's beyond my php.

Thanks in advance

E

• 3 months later...

I installed the alertpay module but and got the same message about negative amounts. The problem was with the currency. The Alertpay module expects USD and if you pay in anything else, you get the error. I changed it to EUR and it solved my problem. Not sure what to do if your cart accepts multiple currencies though.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Has anyone got this module to work 100%.

My customers get sent to Alertpay with the right amount and everything. So far so good.

But they don't get sent to checkout_success.php (neither before or after) and by that isn't the order written down to the database.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok, its been a while.....

But they don't get sent to checkout_success.php (neither before or after) and by that isn't the order written down to the database.

You need to set the return url in your alertpay account.

To have the payment info placed in the database by alertpay you could try using the paypal IPN. I will look more into this later and post results here for anyone else having the same problem.

I have used the PayPal IPN for Alertpay on a different cart - which happens to be based on OSC, so it might work here too.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

What does this mean AlertPay Account Number, Your AlertPay account number to which the payment is to be made?

How do I find the account number to hook this up to AlertPay?

Thank you,

Michael

• 3 weeks later...