• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Type Charge

Ralph2

• 2 months later...

Great work!

I tried to use your contribution for a payment type percentage discount. (like moneyorder:0:%-2,cod:0:%-2, etc.) The module has no problem with the "negative percentage", but the VAT/BTW does not get changed. It keeps using the product subtotal.

An example:

Subtotal: €100,-

Payment discount: -€2,-

BTW/VAT: €19,-

Shipping: €6,25

Total: € 123,25

It ought to be:

Subtotal: €100,-

Payment discount: -€2,-

BTW/VAT: €18,62

Shipping: €6,25

Total: € 122,87

Could you help me figuring this out?

Thanks!

"My name is Ass, Dumb Ass"

• 4 weeks later...

I am not a programmer and my knowledge of php is very very limited. I have been using this payment type charge module to add a charge of 3.5% on to every order to pass on paypal fees. The module worked perfectly on the Paypal IPN module but i have since changed to paypal pro direct payment. Now even though the extra charge is added on to the checkout and order with no problems the amount taken from each customers card is with out the additional charge. I believe the new paypay pro direct payments module is only using the Sub Total and not the Total. Paypay say it is not there modules fault. Any ideas on how to correct this problem would be fantastic as it is driving me crazy .

Hello

I'm totally new to this kind of forums, but could you please help me?

I tried the contribution: Fixed pay charge, but I get the error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined method ot_fixed_payment_chg::get_payment_cost() in **mydomain.com/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 136

I think I messed up my classes/payment.php

Do I have to send my file so anyone can check? O, I think easier: could anyone send me a working one (with fixed pay charge)?

Thank you very, very much in advance!

• 4 months later...

The text description for each payment type cannot be localised as it is stored in the configuration table. I did a quick change in 2 files and now in the checkout_confirmation page, the label as order total can be localised.

Add this line to ../languages/.../modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php :

define('MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE_DESCRIPTION', 'moneyorder:Fee for Money Order,cod:Fee for Cash on Delivery');

This can of course be done for each language and must be adapted to your payment methods.

Also, in the class file .../includes/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php, drop the 2 lines that inserts the label 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE_DESCRIPTION' in the configuration table. You can also change the function "keys" not to insert this one.

Change to code like this :

function keys() {
//	  return array('MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_STATUS', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_SORT_ORDER', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE_DESCRIPTION', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS');
  return array('MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_STATUS', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_SORT_ORDER', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE',  'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS');
}

//tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Payment Type Description', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE_DESCRIPTION', 'moneyorder:Fee for Money Order,cod:Fee for Cash on Delivery', 'Description for each payment type.', '6', '3', now())");

This should work :thumbsup:

Still working on this contribution.

Did someone has been able to display the extra charge in the checkout_payment page ? I used some parts from another contribution "payment method fee" but I cannot get it too work for one than more payment method. It is well displayed for the first method but not for the second. I added some code in the class "payment.php" (function selection) and added a new function "get_payment_cost".

Someone succeeded here so we can share ?

Added new version 1.8 to this contribution with the following changelog :

- Dropped configuration entry for "MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_AMOUNT" as this is not used anymore.

- Added possibility to display to extra fee charge in the checkout_payment.php page. Attention, it will only display the extra amount and not the percentage. You can display the extra percentage by changing function "get_payment_cost". This is not included in this contribution but it's should be easy to do.

- dropped Dutch order total file from package as it is impossible to maintain 2 code files (EN + NL). Only the language file can be translated but not the classes and methods. In order to respect the work done by Ralph in v1.7, you can find the dutch configuration entries below. You can replace the English keys by the Dutch ones.

Files impacted : module ot_fixed_payment_chg.php, class payment.php, page checkout_payment.php

You can find it here : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,251

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to use this payment module to do percentage shipping.

I tried using the flatrate but it didnt do what I wanted so I'm trying this plugin.

what I am wanting to do is orders

20 and under, $5 s&h

30 - 20.01, $8 s&h

50 - 30.01 $10 s&h

and everything else is 25% of the order is the s&h

I'm not sure how to get the percentage of the total, please help.

20:5.00,30:8.00,50:10.00,10000:10,000:25%

Thank You in advance!

Hi Spaceboy,

Can you give support for the modul?

I have 2 problems.

-the tax is not recalculated. So i get the same tax display with and without the payment charge.

-charge display in checkout_payment does show the fixed charge only, not the percentage + the fixed charge.

Stephan

Added new version 1.8 to this contribution with the following changelog :

- Dropped configuration entry for "MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_AMOUNT" as this is not used anymore.

- Added possibility to display to extra fee charge in the checkout_payment.php page. Attention, it will only display the extra amount and not the percentage. You can display the extra percentage by changing function "get_payment_cost". This is not included in this contribution but it's should be easy to do.

- dropped Dutch order total file from package as it is impossible to maintain 2 code files (EN + NL). Only the language file can be translated but not the classes and methods. In order to respect the work done by Ralph in v1.7, you can find the dutch configuration entries below. You can replace the English keys by the Dutch ones.

Files impacted : module ot_fixed_payment_chg.php, class payment.php, page checkout_payment.php

You can find it here : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,251

• 2 months later...

How is the surcharge calculated?

This is how i have it:

Subtotal

Shipping

GST

Surcharge

TOTAL

I want the credit card surcharge to have the total charge of products plus shipping cost plus gst and charged on this.

I don't know how the surcharge is being calculated as i checked the calculation manually on a calculator and the result is not the same. It is always being over by aprox $2.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi.

Why is it i cant see the payment fee at paypals opening window - when its clearly at checkout on my page?

Everything else is fine, sub-total, tax, total!

Regards

Kenneth

Hi ! Did you find a solution ? I have exactly the same problem.

-= K8L =-

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, all. I recently installed the "Payment Type Charge" add-on but I´m getting the following error. I just copied the two files that the install.txt says in the corresponding directories but I don´t know if I have to manually edit any other files. I guess so but I don´t know which files and what I have to modified. Any help, please? Following is the error I get finishing a buying operation when add-on installed:

Warning: order_total::include(includes/languages/espanol/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\...\catalog\includes\classes\order_total.php on line 25

Warning: order_total::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/espanol/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\...\catalog\includes\classes\order_total.php on line 25

Warning: order_total::include(includes/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\...\catalog\includes\classes\order_total.php on line 26

Warning: order_total::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\...\catalog\includes\classes\order_total.php on line 26

Fatal error: Class 'ot_fixed_payment_chg' not found in C:\...\catalog\includes\classes\order_total.php on line 29

Thanks for your help!

Ramon Rodriguez

Spain

Edited by cymainformatica

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem a few of the poster described above. Basically, everything looks correct on the confirmation page (i.e, the surcharge is displayed and include in the Total), but when the transaction is performed, the amount charged to the customer's credit card does not include the surcharge. I am using Link Point as the credit card service (not Paypal), but the result was the same.

After digging around in the code, I discovered that in my version of checkout_process.php, the order_total.php module was included, instantiated and called after the credit card transaction was conducted. This logic needs to occur before the credit card transaction as it modifies the order['total'] value which is what the payment processing modules uses as the basis of the transaction.

The solution was to re-order the logic in checkout_process.php (near line 47):

Before:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

// load the before_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->before_process();

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
 $order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

After:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
 $order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->before_process();

Now having described all of this, I'm not sure this isn't something unique to my modified shop. I'm also not sure what effect this might have on other Order Total modules, but it fixed my problem.

Ben

I had the same problem a few of the poster described above. Basically, everything looks correct on the confirmation page (i.e, the surcharge is displayed and include in the Total), but when the transaction is performed, the amount charged to the customer's credit card does not include the surcharge. I am using Link Point as the credit card service (not Paypal), but the result was the same.

<snip>

Now having described all of this, I'm not sure this isn't something unique to my modified shop. I'm also not sure what effect this might have on other Order Total modules, but it fixed my problem.

Ben

It sounds like what you have done it add a surcharge to the order total when a credit card is used, which is a direct violation of every MasterCard/Visa agreement I have ever read...

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

It sounds like what you have done it add a surcharge to the order total when a credit card is used, which is a direct violation of every MasterCard/Visa agreement I have ever read...

That might be true...guess I better go read the fine print.

Ben

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My situation is: I want a COD fee of 5 percent (or whichever) BUT with a MINIMAL charge of 3 euros. Right now, if I type this:

cod:3:%5

The addon ADDS BOTH charges; a 5% and an extra fixed fee of 3 euros.

Is there any way to achieve what I need with this addon?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Edited by ramon.cutanda

• 5 years later...

"If you want to display the payment fee in the checkout page, add this code :"

that part of the install.txt does not work in 2.3.4 

i get the fee in order total but i want to let the customer know before hand

figured it

in checkout payment only add

echo ' ('.$currencies->format($selection[$i]['cost']).')';