• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

More Options When Using Free Shipping Module

vernman

I need to be able to have other shipping options when selecting the Free Shipping method availalble in osCommerce 2.2-MS2. As it is now, I go in under Modules > Shipping then I set the Allow Free Shipping option set to true. This will allow everyone free shipping over $30 but I need to be able to able the customer the choice of sending overnight and so forth. All of that works when the item is under $30 but as soon as it hits 30 there is one choice.

I'm thinking maybe I didn't make this clear enough.

I have enabled free shipping on orders over $30 and it works.

But what I really need is free shipping by standard USPS mail on orders over $30 and still have the options for UPS, FedEx, over night, 2 days shipping, etc. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks

there are several alternatives available in the contributions section

there are several alternatives available in the contributions section

I've looked at them and none of them seem to address the Free Shipping thing. Maybe someone could suggest one? Please?

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same problem.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

Couldn't find any contribution, even though the issue doesn't look too complicated, but perhaps either not many people used the free shipping module or they or their clients didn't have a problem if the other s/h options weren't displayed when free shipping quota

was reached.

Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever can bring up with a solution to this.

Edited by Inferos

• 1 month later...
I have the exact same problem.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

Couldn't find any contribution, even though the issue doesn't look too complicated, but perhaps either not many people used the free shipping module or they or their clients didn't have a problem if the other s/h options weren't displayed when free shipping quota

was reached.

Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever can bring up with a solution to this.

Same problem here,

I have been searching for weeks for a solution....

I was having a very simular problem. In my I needed multiple levels of free USPS shipping. 1st class domestic and International free on orders over $40 and free domestic priority on orders over $100 but leve international at full price.

I searced the contribs and couldn't find one that did this but I found some simular ones that used the Table Rate mod and duplicated it for each option. So that is what I did...

I created a table rate mod for each possible USPS shipping choice I am offering based of the original one. This allows you to say... for this option, say its first class shipping, 40:2.50,0. for orders $0-$40, charge $2.50 but for orders >$40 charge $0. These modules work like a champ except for one bug that i have posted on these boards trying to get help.

I will even pay to get this bug fixed. Everything calculates perfectly and even passes its info to google checkout. but if someone uses another payment option than google checkout the process hangs at shipping_checkout.php

My thread is postred below. If someone can help me fix this bug I will post the whole thing as a contrib for others to use.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=314823