• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to write up a contribution?

Aodhan

Hey all-

I have the basic admin side completed for a mall system adaptation. Basically, when an admin enters a new "top" level category, it asks for a store name from a drop down (Similar to the manufacturers dropdown for a product). There is also a page to enter/edit store data (Such as owner, owners email, etc).

I have some work to do on the catalog side still (Such as splitting emails...when a customer completes a purchase, they and the site owner get an email showing all purchases, each store owner gets an email showing purchases from their store only.)

When I have the catalog side completed, how do I write it up and package it for other people?

Aodhan

Quite simple.

Make a zip file of your changes, include the GPL and a thorough README and post it under Contributions

HTH

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

• 3 weeks later...
Will your mall add-on allow each store to have their own main page/storefront? :D

Not mine, although there is one under development that will. There is a beta of that one in the contributions section somewhere...

Aodhan