• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

When I try to add a file in "Files In Group " is say "The file unzip doesn't exist.". But i did upload it to download/ catalog... please help..

Try using the 'add multiple files to group' insert button to add the file. If it doesn't work, then most likely you didn't add the new DIR_FS_CATALOG_DOWNLOAD definition to your catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.

If the 'add multiple files to group' insert button worked, but the manual input didn't work, most likely you have the pathname/filename spelt incorrectly. They are case sensitive, and you can't put the file outside your download folder.

The filename unzip you posted here doesn't look good to me.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Super Download Shop v1.1 update released.

Please report bugs/problems/issues in this support thread.

Dear Alex,

I would like to use your Super Download Store Module in another language, not in English, which files shall I translate manually so that my customers can understand when they make an order online.

Thank you so much for a reply.

Kevin

I would like to use your Super Download Store Module in another language, not in English, which files shall I translate manually so that my customers can understand when they make an order online.

This contribution built in with multi-language support. The only difference in the front end which the customers might notice when switching language is the file description. You can add different descriptions for different languages with each download file.

The download button is in English as well, you need to create a new download button for your language.

Currently the 'Downloads Controller on hold message' is not multi-language supported. I'll move that to the language level file in the next update.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

This contribution built in with multi-language support. The only difference in the front end which the customers might notice when switching language is the file description. You can add different descriptions for different languages with each download file.

The download button is in English as well, you need to create a new download button for your language.

Currently the 'Downloads Controller on hold message' is not multi-language supported. I'll move that to the language level file in the next update.

Thank you so much for your fast reply. One more question, where can I change "Downloads Controller on hold message"?

Kevin

Please refer to the install.html setup downloads section.

Hi,

Thanks for this contrib but I can't get it to work!! But I can't install group_file_for_download.sql

Error :

CREATE TABLE `products_attributes_download_groups` (

`download_group_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
`download_group_name` VARCHAR( 255 ) NULL ,
`language_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `download_group_id` , `language_id` )  

)ENGINE = MYISAM  

MySQL a répondu:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE = MYISAM ' at line 6

I haven't got any trouble on my local config (php 5.0.4) but it doesn't work on my web server (php 4.4.2)...

Can you understand something please,

Thanks ;)

sub-total (tax free), Bookmark, Browse by Categories 2.5, Category box enhancement, Contact us choice 1.0.1, Featured products 1.5.5.1, MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping 1.101, Os Active Desktop 2.3, Paymenttypes 1.2, Phpmyvisites 2.1, Session counter, Skype Contact 1.0, Stats products per month 1, Store Pick Up Version 1.4, Updated spiders.txt, Who's Online Enhancement 2.00, BackButtons, Google Analytics, stats_sales_csv_1.2, google_position_1.3, Customers List Improved 1.4, boxe defilante

Try removing ENGINE = MYISAM.

PRIMARY KEY ( `download_group_id` , `language_id` ))

Now it's OK...I got it to work quite easily...that's a fuckin' nice contrib, man , congratulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wasn't able to add the SQL file in 1 go...I had to insert all the fileds one by one....Don't understand ENGINE = MYISAM, but it doesn't really matter since it worked ;)

Here is my NEW group_file_for_download.sql

INSERT INTO  `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` ,  `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` ,  `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` ,  `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )  VALUES ('', 'Enable Group File Download?',  'DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_FILEGROUP_STATUS', 'Yes', 'Do you want to enable  group file for download? - Default=Yes', '13', '93', NOW(), NOW(), NULL  , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\'), ');

ALTER TABLE  `products_attributes_download` ADD `products_attributes_filegroup_id`  INT( 11 ) NULL AFTER `products_attributes_filename`;

PRIMARY KEY ( `download_group_id` , `language_id` ))

CREATE TABLE `products_attributes_download_groups_files` (
			 `download_groups_file_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY ,
			 `download_group_filename` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL)

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes_download_groups_files` DROP PRIMARY KEY ,
			 ADD PRIMARY KEY ( `download_groups_file_id` , `download_group_id` );

CREATE TABLE `products_attributes_download_groups_to_files` (
			 `download_groups_file_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
			 `download_group_file_description` VARCHAR( 255 ) NULL ,
			 PRIMARY KEY ( `download_groups_file_id` , `language_id` ))

Some more explainations (for beginners like me) :

* Order_Status : one is to authorize to download and the other is to reset the download

* Folder /PUB/ (chmod 777) ==> for htaccess & .htpwd (log & pass for secure download)

<<<How to generate .htpasswd : http://shop.alterlinks.com/htpasswd/passwd.php >>>

((((This is also the folder where temporary files are located if you activate the redirect function)))))))

* Folder /DONWLOAD/ (chmod 777) ==>> for the files you want to share (also secured with htaccess & .htpwd)

Some report & bugs & questions :

1- when I sort the orders by amount, the result is totally messed up!!!

2- when you click and exceed the amount of authorized download, you reach a blank page!!!

3- I'd like to sell some movies and I wonder about protection for my videos????

Any idea : DRM, auto-exe file????

Edited by lateralus

sub-total (tax free), Bookmark, Browse by Categories 2.5, Category box enhancement, Contact us choice 1.0.1, Featured products 1.5.5.1, MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping 1.101, Os Active Desktop 2.3, Paymenttypes 1.2, Phpmyvisites 2.1, Session counter, Skype Contact 1.0, Stats products per month 1, Store Pick Up Version 1.4, Updated spiders.txt, Who's Online Enhancement 2.00, BackButtons, Google Analytics, stats_sales_csv_1.2, google_position_1.3, Customers List Improved 1.4, boxe defilante

Some report & bugs & questions :

1- when I sort the orders by amount, the result is totally messed up!!!

Thank you for pointing this out. There is a bug in the Downloads Controller v5.3 code. I'll try to fix it.

2- when you click and exceed the amount of authorized download, you reach a blank page!!!

It is the normal behavior of the stock 2.2 MS2 download module. In older version, there used to be some error message rather than a blank page when something's wrong while downloading. I believe it turned out to be some 'hint' for hackers to steal download files, and so the message removed.

Any idea : DRM, auto-exe file????

If you don't use download by redirect, the 'save as' dialog box should always come up. If you are using download by redirect, you must pack your videos in zip/rar/...etc compressed package.

Thank you for pointing this out. There is a bug in the Downloads Controller v5.3 code. I'll try to fix it.

If you don't use download by redirect, the 'save as' dialog box should always come up. If you are using download by redirect, you must pack your videos in zip/rar/...etc compressed package.

I'm using download by redirect, and I don't have to pack my videos : the 'save as' dialog box always come up!!!!

I give you some more explanations :

I'd like to sell movies (of extrem monoski from http://www.tkbfilms.com). In the past, we've done DVD's (Monopopow) but it's such a hassle to do that we'd like to sell just downloads at a very low cost : pay per view, DRM, autoexe files....

I don't have a clue about the best solution to protect the movies! I know that whatever the protection there will always be solutions to hack, download, burn.... But I still want to make it harder to do....

Some solutions :

* DRM & Oscommerce :

- http://www.extradrm.com

- http://www.digitalrightsdirector.com

* Radtools :

- http://www.radgametools.com : Make an auto-exe (multi)files for PC &Mac, with a good quality/compression & no codec needed : but they still can share

Sorry, that's far beyond the scope of this contribution.

Is there any way this contribution could be easily modified so that the downloads folder can be on a different server than the install of oscommerce? I have a need to move my clients downloads to a different server due to space/bandwidth concerns.

Thanks,

Chris

It is possible to store download files on a different server, but it won't be an easy modification, nor a cheap solution to save your space/bandwidth.

Edited by AlexStudio

I gather that you mean that it is not something that I could do myself with a few edits to some of the code.

It is possible to store download files on a different server, but it won't be an easy modification, nor a cheap solution to save your space/bandwidth.

Hi Alex!

Thank you for this wonderfull contribution!

Everything seems to work great so far, except for one little problem: just like Zaxxon (in a previous post) I have free products I offer my clients. I need to have them create an account and login before dowloading my free samples. So I had the Free of Charge contribution installed before installing SDS, but it doesn't seem to work when the client only buys the free sample. It jumps directly from checkout_confirmation to checkout_success without the download links.

I have adjusted my "set order status" on my free of charge module to match the order status one, but I still get the download controller "on hold" message. Do you have any idea as to what I should try to make this work?

I am also thinking of installing the Dangling Carrot contribution. Do think I may have problems with the dowloads in doing so?

Thank you for your patience and advice!

I have adjusted my "set order status" on my free of charge module to match the order status one, but I still get the download controller "on hold" message. Do you have any idea as to what I should try to make this work?

That free of charge 'module' is a modified copy of 'cash on delievery' module, I didn't try it, but I think it should work. Since you got the 'on hold' message, most likely the order status you have for FOC doesn't exceed the downloads controller order status value.

Actually I don't like the FOC module at all, potential security risk exists because it does nothing after selected. Hackers can modify the form and use it with any items they want. The original COD code came with the stock osCommerce, which the FOC module based on, disables itself on 'virtual' orders. It is NOT SAFE for downloads, no matter free of charge or not.

Edited by AlexStudio

Thank you for your advice and fast reply!

I didn't know about those security issues with FOC... :blink:

So, I should disable it from my payment modules, and try to look for another contrib that allows free products. If you have any suggestions... :blush:

Have a nice day!

Hi! it's me again :)

Wondering, should I install Download Controller if I already have SDS? Does it add something else I might be missing if I am selling downloadable products??

Thank you!

Thank you, first off, for this great contribution. I have successfully implemented it into an oscommerce site using osc2nuke 8033 on a unix server using php 4.4.4 ... I have it set to use group file download, and all the files, upon successful payment, show up to download. I have gzip compression off, and am NOT using download by redirect.

However, I am having one major issue that i have not seen addressed as of yet. On large files (seems to be anything larger than 4 mb), my server responds with an internal server 500 error. Is there anyway to change the settings in download.php for the larger files to anything else and hopefully fix this problem? Or does it lie elsewhere? I have tried this with .zip and .mp3 filetypes.

A smaller issue, is that users with mozilla firefox are not getting the "save as" box with the larger files. They just automatically download. Is there any code I can add in to solve this for firefox users?

Thank you.

Wondering, should I install Download Controller if I already have SDS? Does it add something else I might be missing if I am selling downloadable products??

Most of the Downloads controller code are included in this contribution. Do not install DC over SDS.

I have successfully implemented it into an oscommerce site using osc2nuke 8033 on a unix server using php 4.4.4 ... I have it set to use group file download, and all the files, upon successful payment, show up to download. I have gzip compression off, and am NOT using download by redirect.

I don't know anything about the osc2nuke.

However, I am having one major issue that i have not seen addressed as of yet. On large files (seems to be anything larger than 4 mb), my server responds with an internal server 500 error. Is there anyway to change the settings in download.php for the larger files to anything else and hopefully fix this problem? Or does it lie elsewhere? I have tried this with .zip and .mp3 filetypes.

I have tested downloading 100mb file by both redirect and non-redirect, all worked. If you're having trouble with files larger than 4mb, try to adjust the size of the file chunk in catalog/download.php around line 103:

$buffersize = 1*(1024*1024); // how many bytes per chunk

A smaller issue, is that users with mozilla firefox are not getting the "save as" box with the larger files. They just automatically download. Is there any code I can add in to solve this for firefox users?

I have tested downloading with IE6/IE7/FF2 up to 100mb files without any problem. It might be your firefox setting.

addendum to the previous post, i noticed my max execution time for my php server is 50000, and i have a feeling now that this may be a buffer loop timeout problem with the large files. any ideas?

50000 sec is almost 14 hours. The time limit has been set at 0 in download.php, I don't think your 500 error has anything to do with timeout.

Edited by AlexStudio

Thanks Alex for the reply. Odd that this doesnt work. The download.php from osc2nuke is the exact same as oscommerce ms2. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that I was using osc2nuke, as I hope it didn't bias your possible interest of the problem i'm experiencing. There's really no difference in the 2, especially the download.php of the contribution. I've tried a number of things and nothing is changing the problem. It might be something to do with php 4.4.4 being used as opposed to some other version and the way it handles fread and other php commands, but i am out of other ideas. Shame, I've been working on my website for 4 months, endless testing and coding, and i would hate this to be the part that keeps me from moving forward. It's such a great contri. I've tried tech support at my shared hosting provider, and the girl had no technical knowledge at all unfortunately. All I really wanted was to see if they had a log file that could explain a little better exactly where the failure was happening. Anyway, this is beyond frustrating at this point.

Most likely you have a server setting problem. You need to create some error log and see what exactly was going wrong, otherwise it's really hard to tell.

You can try removing the fread() loop and restoring the original readfile() function came with the osCommerce or osC2nuke package, and find out how large a download file can be in your host. If this doesn't work either, you need to try download by redirect and pack all your files with zip/rar...etc.