• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

I checked it and it seems to be there and matching what's in the product attributes. I've got a new problem that is preventing me from checking whether the download works now. I can no longer log in and get through the order process. I can login but it says nothing is in the cart and I just loop endlessly and can't get to the point of placing an order. I've installed the store and 3 contributions today: yours, Utimate SEO and Authorize AIM. I think I have a problem in my configure.php because I know of at least one time when I partially overwrote it. Do you have any suggestions? I realize I'm outside the scope of just Super Download at this point. Thanks for any help.

It seems to me that there is something wrong with the sessions since you have login and cart content problems. Most likely your Ultimate SEO URLs installation is not done correctly. Payment and download modules are irrelative to session problems.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

It seems to me that there is something wrong with the sessions since you have login and cart content problems. Most likely your Ultimate SEO URLs installation is not done correctly. Payment and download modules are irrelative to session problems.

Yes, I at one time had session data building in the database but no longer. I emptied the table trying to flush all the data I could think of to get a restart on things. I installed in the order of Ultimate SEO, Super Download and then AIM. What would I troubleshoot to get sessions working again? Should I try backing out the Ultimate SEO install? Thanks.

Yes, I at one time had session data building in the database but no longer. I emptied the table trying to flush all the data I could think of to get a restart on things. I installed in the order of Ultimate SEO, Super Download and then AIM. What would I troubleshoot to get sessions working again? Should I try backing out the Ultimate SEO install? Thanks.

If you have a complete backup including database before installing these 3 contrbutions, I would suggest you to restore it and start over with the order of AIM, Super Download and then Ultimate SEO URLs. Do it one at a time and test thoroughly before moving on to the next. e.g. test the stock download module with AIM, then install Super Download and test again. If everthing works just fine, then install Ultimate SEO. Backup in between is highly recommended.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Alex, I need some help with your script, and maybe you can make me understand download proccess...

I've installed yout contribution, and my downloads stop working, I've installed also this contribs related to payment

- European Bank Transfer

- PayPal (NOT PayPal EC IPN)

- MooneyBrookers

- Points&Rewards

I've a few issues like this after I finish intall your module, maybe you can help me

- in checkout payment, EuroTransfer Mod, dissapear

- after I buy, i have no link to download my products

I think this is it, can u help me a few hours?

PS: I'm n00b at this oscommerce, but what i need some kind of guide to make mi shop work :D

Hi Alex, I need some help with your script, and maybe you can make me understand download proccess...

I've installed yout contribution, and my downloads stop working, I've installed also this contribs related to payment

- European Bank Transfer

- PayPal (NOT PayPal EC IPN)

- MooneyBrookers

- Points&Rewards

I've a few issues like this after I finish intall your module, maybe you can help me

- in checkout payment, EuroTransfer Mod, dissapear

- after I buy, i have no link to download my products

I think this is it, can u help me a few hours?

PS: I'm n00b at this oscommerce, but what i need some kind of guide to make mi shop work :D

This contribution only adds an entry in order's last_modified field, and break up file groups into individual files and log them into orders_products_download table. All these are done in checkout_process.php. I don't think this contribution can mess up your payment modules, unless you have done something terribly wrong while installing it.

For this contribution to work automatically, you need payment modules capable of updating orders status automatically upon payments completed. The stock PayPal module came with osCommerce doesn't have that feature. I have no idea about the other payment modules you're using. In case none of them updates orders status automatically, you need to update each order manually for download links to work.

Alex, so far great contribution!

I'm really impressed with everything--out of the box everything was working just fine, but of course, being an amateur, I didn't really think too hard about how best to go about installing contributions...

I'm in the process of fixing my broken little store because I tried to install OSCAffiliate on top of the Super Download Store, I think what happened was Affiliate called affiliate_checkout_process.php or something like that, and now I can't get any kind of download link. I'll check back in an hour when my backup finishes installing...

heh heh

Thanks,

Nick

I'm in the process of fixing my broken little store because I tried to install OSCAffiliate on top of the Super Download Store, I think what happened was Affiliate called affiliate_checkout_process.php or something like that, and now I can't get any kind of download link. I'll check back in an hour when my backup finishes installing...

Ok, I'll see what I can do about that OSCAffiliate contribution when I have time.

I got both the affiliate system and this contribution installed and it working fine, however when I installed SEO too it stopped working. Im not sure if I did something wrong though but I will check it again when i have some time over. Right now im buried in homework. :'(

Edited by Dennis_gull

Alex,

Thank you for adding the Super Download contribution. I have a store that sells my dj mixes and being able to group them is a must! I followed your installation instructions explicitly. Everything works until I try to add a file to my files group that I set up. I am getting the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/mwade/gospeldjmixes-www/catalog/admin/includes/group_download.php on line 453

Add Multiple Files To Group

1 Mixes 1

DIR_FS_CATALOGdownload/

No file found in this folder.

error.jpeg

I am not sure if I did something wrong. Can you help me? Thanks.

Edited by mwade

Alex,

Thank you for adding the Super Download contribution. I have a store that sells my dj mixes and being able to group them is a must! I followed your installation instructions explicitly. Everything works until I try to add a file to my files group that I set up. I am getting the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/mwade/gospeldjmixes-www/catalog/admin/includes/group_download.php on line 453

Add Multiple Files To Group

1 Mixes 1

DIR_FS_CATALOGdownload/

No file found in this folder.

I am not sure if I did something wrong. Can you help me? Thanks.

Please define in your admin/includes/configure.php:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

Edited by AlexStudio

oops, sorry.

Please define in your catalog/admin/includes/configure.php:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

I got both the affiliate system and this contribution installed and it working fine, however when I installed SEO too it stopped working. Im not sure if I did something wrong though but I will check it again when i have some time over. Right now im buried in homework. :'(

hmm, yeah, I usually go through and install a number of contributions in one sitting--i know that's bad practice, I guess it could have been any of the other ones, it just seems as though OSCAffiliate was the likely candidate, based on the number of shared files (maybe I updated them wrong, etc.)

thanks though, dennis

Nick

Thanks for this contribution I installed it and all went very smooth (I think).one problem that I am having is that when enabling the download by redirect - the download do not work. It opens a new tab (in FF) or a new page (in ie) and just sits there the bar show full page download but no download is coming.. I am hosted with a Linux server so I thought I should be great, any ideas what can it be?

Another question I have,

is about the payment, I am offering free downloads in my shop, is there a way to skip the redirecting to paypal when the cart is at 0 and the product is a download? At the moment, what happens is that the customer is directed to paypal and is not allowed to leave with a payment of 0.00. I am bypassing it at the moment by telling customers to choose cheque payment and setting the status of the cheque appropriately.. It works but I would maybe like to enable a payment module especially for downloads and have it only visible for free downloads, any ideas?

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

Thanks for this contribution I installed it and all went very smooth (I think).one problem that I am having is that when enabling the download by redirect - the download do not work. It opens a new tab (in FF) or a new page (in ie) and just sits there the bar show full page download but no download is coming.. I am hosted with a Linux server so I thought I should be great, any ideas what can it be?

Did you try 'download by redirect' before installing this contribution? If it didn't work before, it won't work after. This contribution modified the code for 'download by redirect' by adding the support of filename in sub folders only. If you don't store files in sub folders, it works just like before.

is about the payment, I am offering free downloads in my shop, is there a way to skip the redirecting to paypal when the cart is at 0 and the product is a download? At the moment, what happens is that the customer is directed to paypal and is not allowed to leave with a payment of 0.00. I am bypassing it at the moment by telling customers to choose cheque payment and setting the status of the cheque appropriately.. It works but I would maybe like to enable a payment module especially for downloads and have it only visible for free downloads, any ideas?

If you want to offer 'free' downloads, why bother handle it through payment and checkout? Why not just put a link to the free downlad file in the product description?

Edited by AlexStudio

..If you want to offer 'free' downloads, why bother handle it through payment and checkout? Why not just put a link to the free downlad file in the product description?..

some of these free software are free for a time andthen a subscription is required, i need the customer to leave his details so i can chase them up with a reminder . also at the moment its only free software - once all is working smoothly i will add paid software

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

some of these free software are free for a time andthen a subscription is required, i need the customer to leave his details so i can chase them up with a reminder . also at the moment its only free software - once all is working smoothly i will add paid software

Then you need to find a payment module working for zero payments. There is a 'free' payment module in Downloads Controller v5.3, it was for 2.2MS1, I don't know if it still works on 2.2MS2.

Ok, so I was able to re-install my shop, but I still am not able to download anything.

For example, I set up a 'test' product that costs about a cent, and then go through checkout... I get to PayPal, finish the transaction, and am redirected to my checkout_success.php page. (I will include that...). Everything else is normal, I get an email in each inbox (one for the purchaser and one for the store owner). Normally the purchaser would then be able to click a download link on their checkout_success.php page (I guess) or else their 'My Account' page.

I am not getting any 'Download' link. It just tells me that a download is available, but there is no link. Please help!

Nick

and here's my checkout_success.php page... is there anything missing/added that shouldn't be there? Thanks.

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_success.php,v 1.49 2003/06/09 23:03:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the shopping cart page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {

$notify_string = 'action=notify&';

$notify = $HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'];

if (!is_array($notify)) $notify = array($notify);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($notify); $i<$n; $i++) {

$notify_string .= 'notify[]=' . $notify[$i] . '&';

}

if (strlen($notify_string) > 0) $notify_string = substr($notify_string, 0, -1);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2);

$global_query = tep_db_query("select global_product_notifications from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

$global = tep_db_fetch_array($global_query);

if ($global['global_product_notifications'] != '1') {

$orders_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' order by date_purchased desc limit 1");

$orders = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_query);

$products_array = array();

$products_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$orders['orders_id'] . "' order by products_name");

while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {

$products_array[] = array('id' => $products['products_id'],

'text' => $products['products_name']);

}

}

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('order', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, 'action=update', 'SSL')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_man_on_board.gif', HEADING_TITLE); ?></td>

<td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?><div align="center" class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></div><br><?php echo TEXT_SUCCESS; ?><br><br>

<?php

if ($global['global_product_notifications'] != '1') {

echo TEXT_NOTIFY_PRODUCTS . '<br><p class="productsNotifications">';

$products_displayed = array();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products_array); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (!in_array($products_array[$i]['id'], $products_displayed)) {

echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('notify[]', $products_array[$i]['id']) . ' ' . $products_array[$i]['text'] . '<br>';

$products_displayed[] = $products_array[$i]['id'];

}

}

echo '</p>';

} else {

echo TEXT_SEE_ORDERS . '<br><br>' . TEXT_CONTACT_STORE_OWNER;

}

?>

<h3><?php echo TEXT_THANKS_FOR_SHOPPING; ?></h3></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

<td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

<td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY; ?></td>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT; ?></td>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'downloads.php'); ?>

</table></form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Please check the orders_status value in orders table for those 'paid' orders. And check what you have in admin panel -> Configuration -> Download -> Downloads Controller Order Status Value.

If you're using osCommerce PayPal IPN module, you need to modify catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php. This contribution modified checkout_process.php, but the osCommerce PayPal IPN module takes over most of the jobs in there, thus the modifications were skipped if you didn't modify paypal_ipn.php.

No, nothing. I still can't get a link to show up. This is frustrating, because it used to work. I must have installed some other contribution that toyed with the files from Super Download Shop and messed it up. I checked MySQL database, and everything seems to be functioning properly...

I don't believe I am using PayPal IPN, unless it comes pre-packaged with OSCommerce...

Nick

If you're using osCommerce PayPal IPN module, you need to modify catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php. This contribution modified checkout_process.php, but the osCommerce PayPal IPN module takes over most of the jobs in there, thus the modifications were skipped if you didn't modify paypal_ipn.php.

i dont quite understand what changes are needed in te paypal IPN module, i didnt see any changes listedin the installation fie for paypal_ipn.php

can you list them please ?

thanks in advance

also, i stil cant get a handle on the download by redirect my host ixwebhostin(DO NOT HOST WITH THEM) support team is quite useless...any ideas what needs to be checked for the download by redirect option to be available ?

Wow...

I realize how stupid I'm going to sound when I say this, but it turns out that the file link in the product attributes module of the admin section is case sensitive...

That's right--three complete reinstalls and hundres of thousands of mess-ups later I figured that one out...

O well, at least my store actually works the way I tell it to now!

Edited by nthac2000

my host jsut got back to me after 48 hours that they do not know why te download by redirect does not work.

its not that surprising, they seem to be complete novices, should really do something about it - buti digress

can you tell me what server paramates i nned to be able to use the downlaod by redirect? is there and commands that needs enabling ?

when the downlaod by redirect is enabled i get a link that looks like this :

http://www.complete-computer-care.co.uk/do...xv/ndntenst.exe

does that look right?

i a mbeing redirected to this link and nothing happens, what might be the problem ? does any one have an idea ?

my host jsut got back to me after 48 hours that they do not know why te download by redirect does not work.

its not that surprising, they seem to be complete novices, should really do something about it - buti digress

can you tell me what server paramates i nned to be able to use the downlaod by redirect? is there and commands that needs enabling ?

when the downlaod by redirect is enabled i get a link that looks like this :

http://www.complete-computer-care.co.uk/do...xv/ndntenst.exe

does that look right?

i a mbeing redirected to this link and nothing happens, what might be the problem ? does any one have an idea ?

what seo are you using?