• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

I am also thinking of integrating the SAVE ALL DOWNLOADS AS ZIP FILE to this contribution to allow users toeither download all the files seperate or to download one zip file.

Is this something that everyone would like? What are your thoughts alex?

Just assign a big-fat-zip file to the file group, with a description saying that it is an 'All in One' package. It will be listed with all other files in that file group.

Currently there is no 'sort order' in the file list, so it can be tricky to keep that big package on top of other files. I'll see how it can be done.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Just assign a big-fat-zip file to the file group, with a description saying that it is an 'All in One' package. It will be listed with all other files in that file group.

Currently there is no 'sort order' in the file list, so it can be tricky to keep that big package on top of other files. I'll see how it can be done.

Well thats not what i was asking there is a contribution on here zip downloads. This will offer the customer at checkout if they want to download all files zipped or in individual files.

I like this idea for people buying 1-5 titles. For any more it would be huge and too big for them to safely download. I was just thinking of options for users. If I do mod the code to make this work with your package I will post it all up here so people can add this feature.

Jay

Well thats not what i was asking there is a contribution on here zip downloads. This will offer the customer at checkout if they want to download all files zipped or in individual files.

I like this idea for people buying 1-5 titles. For any more it would be huge and too big for them to safely download. I was just thinking of options for users. If I do mod the code to make this work with your package I will post it all up here so people can add this feature.

Jay

I checked the ZIP_Download contribution, hopefully it is what you're asking about.

It should work out of the box I think, only that it uses a different method to secure pending orders. It won't be too difficult to utilize the Downloads Controller method in ZIP_Download.

However, a bad logic found in the ZIP_Download v1.1. It creates the zip file before checking the expiry, which I think should only happen after.

Another issue of integrating ZIP_Download v1.1 would be the file size. The time required to create the zip file is based on 'guessing', not calculated. An additional total file size should be examined prior to execute the zip function.

Alex

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I checked the ZIP_Download contribution, hopefully it is what you're asking about.

It should work out of the box I think, only that it uses a different method to secure pending orders. It won't be too difficult to utilize the Downloads Controller method in ZIP_Download.

However, a bad logic found in the ZIP_Download v1.1. It creates the zip file before checking the expiry, which I think should only happen after.

Another issue of integrating ZIP_Download v1.1 would be the file size. The time required to create the zip file is based on 'guessing', not calculated. An additional total file size should be examined prior to execute the zip function.

Alex

sounds good ill try and add those features

Hello,

I installed your contribution yesterday but nothing seems to work the way it should be :angry:

In the download.php there is this test :(file_exists(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename'])) which check if the file is on the HDD, but for a group file it checks if there is a file WITH the name of the group file !!!!

Is it normal, because I never get the download link on my pages (for group file I mean) ?

Thank you

Hello,

I installed your contribution yesterday but nothing seems to work the way it should be :angry:

In the download.php there is this test :(file_exists(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename'])) which check if the file is on the HDD, but for a group file it checks if there is a file WITH the name of the group file !!!!

Is it normal, because I never get the download link on my pages (for group file I mean) ?

Thank you

It seems to me that you missed the file catalog/checkout_process.php or you're using a payment module like the osCommerce PayPal IPN which do all the jobs in checkout_process.php by itself.

Which one it is?

Yes I use the paypal IPN from the oscommerce team.

Is there a difference in the install process?

Yes. The osCommerce PayPal IPN module takes over all the jobs in checkout_process.php, there for you need to apply the modification in checkout_process.php to your paypal_ipn.php, otherwise it won't work.

Which version of the osCommerce PayPal IPN you're using?

I cant get this to work with SEO URLs, any idea why?

If I choose "Enable SEO URLs?" false. The download shows and if I have it on true It doesnt.

hmm.. did you try it with download file not grouped? I mean the original single download file assigned in products attributes.

If the single download file works, the group files should work too.

I have Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d by chemo installed without any problem. Which SEO URLs version are you using?

Hello, it's me again,

I've noticed a problem, when I set options on products (even if they don't use file at all) I don't have the page about the shipping options (checkout_shipping.php), and it goes directly to checkout_payment.php.

I use the paypal IPN 2.2 module and that's all.

Thank you for you're help.

Thank you Lada. You found the first bug in this contribution. I will upload an update release soon.

Currently, you can modify catalog/admin/products_attributes.php to get around it. Please follow the instruction below:

Find in line 82:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " values (" . (int)$products_attributes_id . ", '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_filename) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_attribute_filegroup_id) . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_maxdays) . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_maxcount) . "')");

Replace with:

if (tep_not_null($products_attributes_filename)) tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " values (" . (int)$products_attributes_id . ", '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_filename) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_attribute_filegroup_id) . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_maxdays) . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_maxcount) . "')");

Please try to see if this fixes the bug. You will need to delete the products attributes which you previously created without assigning a file to.

Another minor bug fix:

In catalog/admin/products_attributes.php replace $messageStack->add with $messageStack->add_session

This is for the error message to be shown when a non-existing file assigned to a group.

hmm.. did you try it with download file not grouped? I mean the original single download file assigned in products attributes.

If the single download file works, the group files should work too.

I have Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d by chemo installed without any problem. Which SEO URLs version are you using?

I just installed "Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs" thats the latest one (except the memory exhausted fix) and I didnt find anything else that was wrong.. Except that the affiliate system didnt support it.

I just installed "Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs" thats the latest one (except the memory exhausted fix) and I didnt find anything else that was wrong.. Except that the affiliate system didnt support it.

Please make sure you didn't set Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) to true with SEO URLs enabled.

Thank you Alex for this contribution. :thumbsup:

I am trying to offer users download of flash files. As you know this requires at least two file – the flash .swf file plus html file to select the video size and other options.

I have tried to use this contribution with NO Redirect. This way the user can only download the file (.swf or html) and will not let the user see the video “life” on is browser.

I have also tried to use the Redirect. This will let the user to see a “life” video without the need to download the entire flash file before watching it.

The problem is that it will allow only one file at a time to be redirected to the pub folder.

Which means only .swf file or html, not both which is needed to show the flash video.

I have no real experience with the download of oscommerce, so I am probably missing something.

Any advice ? thanks.

The problem is that it will allow only one file at a time to be redirected to the pub folder.

Which means only .swf file or html, not both which is needed to show the flash video.

This contribution is developed to enhance the download module. It is supposed to redirect only one file at a time for downloads to work properly.

I don't think you can use any download module to 'show' your flash video which requires 2 files at the same time. You probably need to create a 'show flash module' to handle the job.

Edited by AlexStudio

Hello-

Thanks for this contribution. I am installing it on a new store. (along with Authorize.net AIM and Ultimate SEO). I get the order success page with the download link that looks like this ....store/download.php?order=6&id=3. But when I click on that page, nothing but a blank page comes up. I have /pub set to 777 and /download set to 777 and both have .htaccess files in them. Any idea as to where I should troubleshoot?

Thanks

Hello-

Thanks for this contribution. I am installing it on a new store. (along with Authorize.net AIM and Ultimate SEO). I get the order success page with the download link that looks like this ....store/download.php?order=6&id=3. But when I click on that page, nothing but a blank page comes up. I have /pub set to 777 and /download set to 777 and both have .htaccess files in them. Any idea as to where I should troubleshoot?

Thanks

Most likely the filename doesn't exist in your download folder. Make sure the file is there and the filename is good.

Most likely the filename doesn't exist in your download folder. Make sure the file is there and the filename is good.

I checked it and it seems to be there and matching what's in the product attributes. I've got a new problem that is preventing me from checking whether the download works now. I can no longer log in and get through the order process. I can login but it says nothing is in the cart and I just loop endlessly and can't get to the point of placing an order. I've installed the store and 3 contributions today: yours, Utimate SEO and Authorize AIM. I think I have a problem in my configure.php because I know of at least one time when I partially overwrote it. Do you have any suggestions? I realize I'm outside the scope of just Super Download at this point. Thanks for any help.