• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Hi,

I've installed this contribution ok but am having a few issues getting the download links to work at checkout_success.php. Am wondering if anyone can help? I've read through all the comments here but no luck in working out the issue yet and the contribution looks really great so I don't want to give up on it!

I have 2 items in my download group. When I get to checkout_success only the name of my product appears with no link (rather than the correct two files with links as shown in the screenshots in the docs).

Cause I couldn't make the groups work, I then tried selecting 'no file group' in product attributes and entering just the single file name. When I got to checkout success it then gave the name of my product with a link however the link is for 'download.php' instead of my file and looks to be a whole heap of gibberish.

I've checked the file names are correct for both options.

I am using Ultimate SEO URLs v 2.2.1 however even if I turn this off I get the same results. I am also using Paypal IPN. I've applied the suggested fix in the paypal_ipn.php file and this works fine but doesn't help or change the link issue.

Any clues? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Becdjane

Just worked it out. Was a combination of using pdf files rather than zip and also having spaces in my file names. Silly mistake on my part. Brilliant contribution. Will make the admin of my shop so much easier! Thank you :)

Thank you for a well documented contribution! :thumbsup:

I am not good at these things (obviously) but my excuse is that I am an old lady, so have patient with me. :-"

I followed all the steps in the "install.html" and made a test order.

When pressing the "checkout button" I got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: link_post_variable() in /home/myPlace/public_html/myStore/osStore/includes/classes/order.php on line 27

I have no idea where to look and what may have gone wrong. Can someone give me a hint?

Eva

Eva, your problem has nothing to do with Super Download Shop contribution. The function link_post_variable() came from register globals fix contribution.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Alex,

I just installed your contribution. It work just fine. Thanks a lot. I just have a small problem:

About this feature : Store download files in sub folders under the download directory to improve the file management.

I don't understand where and how , in the "products_attributes" page, i have to indicate the sub folder created under catalogue\downlad\ :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

Input the path relative to the download folder.

For example, you have a file in catalog/download/music/mp3/hip-hop.mp3

Type in the filename: music/mp3/hip-hop.mp3

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Input the path relative to the download folder.

For example, you have a file in catalog/download/music/mp3/hip-hop.mp3

Type in the filename: music/mp3/hip-hop.mp3

It works just fine. Thanks again for this nice contribution Alex. :thumbsup:

I've tried to install this and on the final step of running the catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php to setup my group id, I get this error

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/dragscom/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Could anybody please help? It's really urgent.

Thanks a lot!

PS . Everything has been working great up until now. Not sure what I have done wrong.

Edited by Lunara Solutions

I figured it out. I somehow got a hold of a vanilla config file and add the code into it. I reverted to my original one and it is working now. However I have another problem.

I am running the Admin Userlist 206c which locks down the admin user area, thus when I try to run the catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php file, I can't gain access to it. Is there any other way to run this?

Thanks again for your help!

You can manually create the filegroup #0 for each language via phpMyAdmin. In table products_attributes_download_groups create a new row and set download_group_id to 0, download_group_name to No File Group, and set the language_id to what you have in your store. If you have more than one language in your store, you need to create one row for each language. DO NOT change or translate the phrase No File Group.

No. You can assign a file to many different groups, there for the products_attributes_download_groups_to_files doesn't refer to download_group_id.

File description goes with download_groups_file_id, you can't assign different descriptions to the same file, otherwise it won't work.

I am not sure if my problem is related or not. On the checkout_success.php page my product name is displayed for each file in a group, but the file description is not displayed for any of the files.

The currently display is confusing without the file descriptions. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bryan

P.S. The default spelling of "File Description" displayed by products_attributes.php is incorrect. Looks like a simple typo.

Did you make changes in checkout_process.php? Please check again in that file for all necessary modifications. If you're testing with the PayPal IPN module, you need to make those changes to paypal_ipn.php as well.

Thanks Alex for all your help! The above problem has been fixed but I have another one. :)

I have the Paypal IPN mod installed and I've double-checked the following:

1) made sure my checkout process file updates were also implemented in the paypal_ipn file.

2) Made sure my processing status was under 10 and my download now available status was above 10

3) All files are in proper directories

4) Double checked file name in product attribute section. I'm using folder structures so what should be the link for say a folder called maggie in my downloads directory? Should it have the beginning "/maggie/filename.zip" or just "maggie/filename.zip" or the full directory one of "/public_html/catalog/download/maggie"

5) Double checked my CHMOD settings in download directories and pub directory

6) made sure my EXT folder was there.

I've tried all options for number 4 and nothing works. I've searched the forums all day as well and haven't found anything else yet. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Couple more questions, if I make a change to the file name after someone purchased an item, will it reflect that change in their account for that order? or do I have to order the item again to double check the links?

and, is there a way to double check the filename entered in the attributes to make sure there is indeed a file named that in that directory? Is this possible?

Again, thanks so much for your help on this.

Edited by Lunara Solutions

4) Double checked file name in product attribute section. I'm using folder structures so what should be the link for say a folder called maggie in my downloads directory? Should it have the beginning "/maggie/filename.zip" or just "maggie/filename.zip" or the full directory one of "/public_html/catalog/download/maggie"
should be maggie/filename.zip (case sensitive).

Couple more questions, if I make a change to the file name after someone purchased an item, will it reflect that change in their account for that order? or do I have to order the item again to double check the links?
Changing download filenames in products attributes page won't affect existing orders. Existing orders can only be changed directly in the database.

and, is there a way to double check the filename entered in the attributes to make sure there is indeed a file named that in that directory? Is this possible?
There is a contribution (maybe more than one) which checks existence of the filename you typed in, please search for it in the contribution area.

Did you make changes in checkout_process.php? Please check again in that file for all necessary modifications. If you're testing with the PayPal IPN module, you need to make those changes to paypal_ipn.php as well.

Yes, I am using the checkout_process.php from your contrib. Anything else I should look for?

Very nice feature by the way.

Bryan

Did you apply the changes in catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php ?

Hi,

just one question:

Is it possible to change the order of the items displayed in the download table on account_history_info.php?

Reason:

I have a bunch of single files and as alternative one big zipfile that contains the others.

I would like to show the zipfile as first item in the table.

Cheers

Stan

Interesting. There is no sort order for listing files in a group. I think it can be done by adding an additional column to store the sort order, and re-writing the code to query it when listing files.

I'll make an update release for couple of features requested when I have time.

should be maggie/filename.zip (case sensitive).

Thanks so much. I feel like such a newb. . my problem was that I created her folder with a spelling error in it! D'oh!

There is a contribution (maybe more than one) which checks existence of the filename you typed in, please search for it in the contribution area.

Excellent! I did find this one if anyone else stumbles on this post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...loadfilechecker

One more question I have but it's not really related to this mod but I would appreciate you pointing me in the direction. Some of our downloads that we offer are free but I'm having a problem at checkout when customers want to download an item when it is free. Do you know of any mod that will bypass checkout if the purchase total is zero? That way my customers can get their free download and I can have them register for an account at the same time?

I know this isn't directly related to this mod so I apologize for that but I'm at a loss. I keep searching and searching on here and see tons of people with this same question but without any answers. If I do find the answer, I promise I will search for all those questions again and post links to help the others as well!

Thanks again. Great mod!!

I planned to work on the free download feature in this contribution, to allow store owners to offer free downloads for registered customers and bypass checkout flow. Also a 'My Downloads' info box add-on planned for users to find their downloads quickly after login. These are not yet in development, because I currently don't have time for coding.

Super download shopp is installed, but when I try to add files to the group in the Admin panel (Products Attributes), it says "The file test.rar doesn't exist."

chmod catalog/download folder is 777.

Please help!

Super download shopp is installed, but when I try to add files to the group in the Admin panel (Products Attributes), it says "The file test.rar doesn't exist."

chmod catalog/download folder is 777.

Please help!

Anyone?