• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

• 2 weeks later...

I have another question which I hope someone might be able to answer - I would like to use this add on using the latest version of osC, RC2a, and am wondering if there will be any issues with using paypal standards payment module that it comes with as this uses IPN.

Did you ever find out about this? My downloads work just fine unless the customer uses Paypal to pay for their order. When they come back to my site, there are no links available to them.

I need a solution!

Chris

You are an absolute star. I will download this and install

Steve,

Let me know if you have any problems as I really only tested it on a test site so it would be nice to see how your installation goes.

Further, There is a new Support Thread for Super Download Store v2.3.x that can be found here:

Chris

Edited by DunWeb

Also I read this post but I have no idea what hes talking about nor what your reply to him meant with "you need to break group files in".

I would rather not crash my store so any help on specifically getting the links to show would be great!

Has anyone figured out how to add the code to the order_editor contrib so that the group downloads show up? Right now when I add a product to an order (with a group download) it just says "Group File-3" or whatever number... it doesn't expand the group to the individual downloads.

Here is the current code to add a product to an order... how can I implement the group downloads? Thanks!

//add on for downloads
	if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {
       $download_query_raw ="SELECT products_attributes_filename, products_attributes_maxdays, products_attributes_maxcount 
       FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " 
       WHERE products_attributes_id='" . $opt_products_attributes_id . "'";

$download_query = tep_db_query($download_query_raw);
       if (tep_db_num_rows($download_query) > 0) {
         $download = tep_db_fetch_array($download_query);
         $filename[$option_id] = $download['products_attributes_filename'];
         $maxdays[$option_id]  = $download['products_attributes_maxdays'];
         $maxcount[$option_id] = $download['products_attributes_maxcount'];
       } //end if (tep_db_num_rows($download_query) > 0) {
	} //end if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {
	//end downloads 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am desperately seeking a solution to my problem! I have installed the Super Download Store and it works WONDERFUL, however, I also have the Discount Coupon Contrib on my site as well. When a customer places an order with a free digital product in their card, the "No purchase necessary" payment module loads just great, but if they use a $5 coupon on a product that is $4.99, the module doesn't show up, even though there would be a zero balance?

I'm trying to sort through the code and find where it checks the price to know to add the freecharger module to the payment options but I'm not having very good luck. I know basic php but writing code from scratch isn't my strongest suit.

I think I just need to it get the new price from the discount coupon module to know that the price is less than or equal to zero, I just have no clue where to look? Please help! :)

Thanks,

Bradi

Has anyone figured out how to add the code to the order_editor contrib so that the group downloads show up? Right now when I add a product to an order (with a group download) it just says "Group File-3" or whatever number... it doesn't expand the group to the individual downloads.

Here is the current code to add a product to an order... how can I implement the group downloads? Thanks!

//add on for downloads
	if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {
       $download_query_raw ="SELECT products_attributes_filename, products_attributes_maxdays, products_attributes_maxcount 
       FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " 
       WHERE products_attributes_id='" . $opt_products_attributes_id . "'";

$download_query = tep_db_query($download_query_raw);
       if (tep_db_num_rows($download_query) > 0) {
         $download = tep_db_fetch_array($download_query);
         $filename[$option_id] = $download['products_attributes_filename'];
         $maxdays[$option_id]  = $download['products_attributes_maxdays'];
         $maxcount[$option_id] = $download['products_attributes_maxcount'];
       } //end if (tep_db_num_rows($download_query) > 0) {
	} //end if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {
	//end downloads 

I did figure this out from looking in the forums, it was in the paypal module. It works great now unless I use the order editor to add a group download product to an existing or new order. It doesn't break out the downloads when I do it that way. If there is a solution to that problem, I'd love some help too! Thanks!

Hello all,

I am desperately seeking a solution to my problem! I have installed the Super Download Store and it works WONDERFUL, however, I also have the Discount Coupon Contrib on my site as well. When a customer places an order with a free digital product in their card, the "No purchase necessary" payment module loads just great, but if they use a $5 coupon on a product that is $4.99, the module doesn't show up, even though there would be a zero balance?

I'm trying to sort through the code and find where it checks the price to know to add the freecharger module to the payment options but I'm not having very good luck. I know basic php but writing code from scratch isn't my strongest suit.

I think I just need to it get the new price from the discount coupon module to know that the price is less than or equal to zero, I just have no clue where to look? Please help! :)

Thanks,

Bradi

Have you tried changing the price of the $4.99 product to $5.00? I say this because if a customer uses a $5.00 coupon on a $4.99 product, technically you would owe them $.01 in change... not a zero balance. Perhaps the code doesn't understand that.

Have you tried changing the price of the $4.99 product to $5.00? I say this because if a customer uses a $5.00 coupon on a $4.99 product, technically you would owe them $.01 in change... not a zero balance. Perhaps the code doesn't understand that.

Even if I do that (change the product to $5 and do a $5 coupon), it still won't pull up the freecharger module... it tries to send the customer to paypal with a zero balance? I need to figure out how to get the freecharger module to check the price after the coupon has been registered, instead of before.

If the product is free or is on sale for free, the freecharger module does work... just not when the coupon puts the balance to zero.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your reply! :)

• 1 month later...

Did you ever find out about this? My downloads work just fine unless the customer uses Paypal to pay for their order. When they come back to my site, there are no links available to them.

I need a solution!

I use PayPal and just like before I installed this addon my customers can bypass the payment and download their files =/

The whole purpose of having downloads to me is so they can get their products right away, so I don't want to change the permission so I have to manually approve.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to use SDS to sell .m4b files and Safari tries to open them in the browser as text, instead of downloading them. Apparently this is a server Mime Type issue, but I'm not sure which .htaccess file to modify. Ideas?

same issue for Mac users! Let me know if you found a solution!

• 1 month later...

I would like to know if this is possible:

By default oscommerce is designed to use inside download folder. But I want to use external links for download. Is there any hint what changes are needed in download.php to do that?? I have tried in configure.php to use external server, but it gives error there is no downloads folder.

So, its possible to use some external server for the file download?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

when i go to Localization -> Orders Status, insert 2 new orders status: these 2 items are missing

Download Now Available

Updated

i fowllwed the instructions to the letter and i copied the files from the download folder is there a missing sql file or did i miss something

and here is one error i keep getting

1054 - Unknown column 'downloads_flag' in 'field list'

update orders_status set orders_status_name = 'Delivered', public_flag = '1', downloads_flag = '1' where orders_status_id = '3' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

thanks

lenard

http://divinefantasy.net

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've installed this contribution and am using it with the Paypal Express module on 2.3.1.

The download expiry date on the order confirmation screen (when you return from PayPal) is 7th December 1999, and when the order is updated it corrects to 7 days in the future. Can anyone suggest why the order is returning from PayPal with that expiry date, and suggest how to fix it please?

hor-i-zon

Hi guys,

I am also using Super Download Controller add-on and it works fine. I have already faced small bugs, but so far, could handle all.

I have read plenty of threads related to the subject, but looks like no one have the problem I am having now.

Try to describe in here:

If I add a downloadable product on my cart, and go on with checkout without registering, get to the checkout_succes.php page with the link for downloading, evrything fine... when I click on the link, comes a blank page and no download is done. This process is saved on sessions, cause this one client didn`t registered. Of course if I login, it works gorgeously!

What I am trying to do now:

If the person isn`t registered and checks out, when he is on the Login.php page, he should be forced to register himself (of course only when the product is downloadable). For this, i need to check the product_id and any attribute of it, that tells me it`s downloadable.

Has anyone a clue how I could ask this?

Thanx in advance for any help!

Andrea

• 2 months later...

there is an error in the manual install instruction. (or at least I think it is an error).

The code that you add to product_attrubutes at lines 821 and 934 is missing a ?> at the end.

Adding this fixed the error displayed on the page.

[12-Oct-2011 18:00:40] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /public_html/store/private/products_attributes.php on line 935

[12-Oct-2011 18:02:21] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /public_html/store/private/products_attributes.php on line 850

Just to clarify my issue...

Before I installed this mod, everything was working fine and the download link was

given to the customer both after ordering and inside the customer area.

Now no link is given at all.

The customer can see "delivered status" but they do not receive a link to download the file.

Nor any message to say that they are blocked from downloading. This area is simply missing.

I am using PayPal express payment module.

Edited by marketingarts

Hi there,

I've installed this contribution and am using it with the Paypal Express module on 2.3.1.

The download expiry date on the order confirmation screen (when you return from PayPal) is 7th December 1999, and when the order is updated it corrects to 7 days in the future. Can anyone suggest why the order is returning from PayPal with that expiry date, and suggest how to fix it please?

I am also having this problem

It turned out it was my checkout_process.php. Missing the following line:

'last_modified' => 'now()',

Where did you add this line? I am having the same problem and this line does not appear in the file.