• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Sorry that I'm not able to answer all your questions, but here are my two cents:

PayPal would be a cheap solution for newbie store owners to get start with, that's all. As your business grows, so as your payment volume does, the PayPal website payment standard service may no longer "fits" your need. People don't like to look at a bunch of payment options when they're going to spend money on your site, nor even worse, sign-up again at PayPal before they can actually make the payment. It has to be as easy and simple as possible to prevent losing sells.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi there, i'm trying to evaluate if Super Download Store (SDS) will do what I need it too? My store has 50 download products. If a customer orders example --- 5 products they are currently presented with 5 download links.

Can SDS condense this into 1 downlink? Since customers can choose any product and order different products it would be impossible to statically 'group' all of my products. Can SDS dynamically group the downloadable products as they pertain to each customers order ???

thanks

liz

I am having an error when processing a credit card payment with PayPal that I didn't have before I added Download Shop. Upon confirmation of an order, checkout_process.php comes up with this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 'paypal_wpp', '', ' at line 18

INSERT INTO orders_status_history_transactions ( `orders_status_history_id`, `transaction_id`, `transaction_type`, `payment_type`, `payment_status`, `transaction_amount`, `module_code`, `transaction_avs`, `transaction_cvv2`, `transaction_msgs` ) VALUES ( 32, '', '', '', '', , 'paypal_wpp', '', '', '' )

[TEP STOP]

I can see the error that a " is missing between commas just before 'paypal_wpp', but I can not find the file where this line of code is for the life of me. Anyone have any ideas where I can find this code and what should be between the commas? Otherwise the rest of the Download Shop add-on is working great. By the way, I found that I couldn't use Zip files as downloadable files. I changed all my files to individual MP3 and all was well and will work out better. Thanks for any help, this is the last thing holding me up making my shop live.

I have just installed this contribution and it is working quite well. However, I do have one question.

If someone makes a purchase without setting up an account (i.e makes a "guest" purchase), is it possible for him to get back to the download link after he leaves the site? In my testing, I made such a purchase and left the site. I then went back to my email that was sent and clicked on the link. The link took me to the account sign-on screen. Well, since there was no accouunt, I was not able to get back to the download link.

I was thinking of bypassing the sign-in page in these situations, but then anybody would be able to get to the invoices. I didn't think that that was a great option.

If this is an issue that has been addressed before, I apologize. I tried to scan the forums and was not able to find a reference to it.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I would appreciate hearing them!

Thanks!

Moez

OK, I figured out this error after much hair pulling! I am using PayPal Web Payments Pro by Dynamoeffects, which has a diagnostics program that found that the old bug in checkout_process.php was partially reverted back to having the bug. By following the instructions in Download Shop, using the very outdated OsCommerce files to file compare and replace, errors were reinserted. Around line 85 of checkout_process.php, just before

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

$sql_data_array = array('customers_id' => $customer_id,

'customers_name' => $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'],

'customers_company' => $order->customer['company'],

Keep the code which would be mostly likely written over:

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

I am sure this will be a very common issue when installing this add-on. I hope this helps those with similar issues and hope Alex includes it with the instructions for installing this add-on.

I am having an error when processing a credit card payment with PayPal that I didn't have before I added Download Shop. Upon confirmation of an order, checkout_process.php comes up with this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 'paypal_wpp', '', ' at line 18

INSERT INTO orders_status_history_transactions ( `orders_status_history_id`, `transaction_id`, `transaction_type`, `payment_type`, `payment_status`, `transaction_amount`, `module_code`, `transaction_avs`, `transaction_cvv2`, `transaction_msgs` ) VALUES ( 32, '', '', '', '', , 'paypal_wpp', '', '', '' )

[TEP STOP]

I can see the error that a " is missing between commas just before 'paypal_wpp', but I can not find the file where this line of code is for the life of me. Anyone have any ideas where I can find this code and what should be between the commas? Otherwise the rest of the Download Shop add-on is working great. By the way, I found that I couldn't use Zip files as downloadable files. I changed all my files to individual MP3 and all was well and will work out better. Thanks for any help, this is the last thing holding me up making my shop live.

Order Status issues.

Another issue was encountered with this add-on and hopefully in the future it will be addressed.

I have PDF invoice add-on installed, but this will be an issue with the regular OsCommerce invoice and will have interaction issues with many other add-ons. The order status with this add-on modifies the database with it's own order status, which is outside of normal OsCommerce order status conditions. The issue is that when a customer orders a downloadable product, they won't see or be able to print an invoice because those invoices use the status of "delivered" to provide the link to the invoice within the user account. If I, under administration, update the status to delivered, the download links disappear within the user account, but the user will be able to access the PDF invoice. I will work with this issue for now, but I hope it can be addressed at some point. If anyone has a work around to this issue, I would be very happy to hear about the details.

I'm running a music store, and tracks are available to download individually, or as a CD.

I'd like to change the drop down list into a column of checkboxes so that customers can select and purchase more than one MP3 at a time. I've tried this contribution: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6887 for changing the dropdown into a checkbox list, but if you click on more than one checkbox then click "add to cart" only one of the options is added.

So, is there a way of allowing customers to select and purchase more than one attribute?

Here's the store, if you're interested: http://www.terranovamusic.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=85

Many thanks in advance. SDS has been great so far!

Edited by Bonez

Installed SDS and when the order is marked as Download Available, there is no button and the name of the file is not hyperlinked. I've got "Download available" set to order status 11 and left the default download config at 10.

but I can see it:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox"> 
<!-- list of products --> 
         <tr class="infoBoxContents"> 
<!-- left box --> 
           <td class="main">Beneath: Special Edition</td> 
<!-- right box --> 
           <td class="main">Link expires: <br>Thursday 04 March, 2010</td> 
           <td class="main" align="right">5 downloads remaining</td> 
         </tr> 
         </tr> 
       </table>

What am I missing?

Edited by jeffreykafer

Ok, so it wasn't an installation error and now I have 2 problems.

- Single files work when I turn off multiple file download. But these are large audiobooks, upwards of 300MB. In all cases, the download "finishes" at about 75-100MB. how do I keep it from timing out?

- When I turn on multiple file support, I check out, but don't see the download links.

Ideas??

probably something wrong in your downloads module.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

probably something wrong in your downloads module.

I'm using the default /catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php that came in SDS. According to the instructions, I can just copy it over since I didn't modify the original.

I wouldn't mind using a single file, but the timeout is killing the download. Has anyone ever used SDS with large files like this?

Edited by jeffreykafer

Is there a problem with this contribution and Internet Explorer 8?

I've got 7 files to be downloaded by the customer and 2 of them are named the same thing when the user downloads them in IE. They are unique in the file groups and have different IDs, but IE wants to download them as the same filename. What gives?

I'm using the default /catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php that came in SDS
that's the problem, please follow the instruction carefully.

Splitting large files into file groups is the method SDS designed to get around the timeout issue.

that's the problem, please follow the instruction carefully.

Splitting large files into file groups is the method SDS designed to get around the timeout issue.

Right, I'm past that issue. I hired someone to integrate SDS and it works great, except for the issue noted above that's specific to IE. Seen this before? It seems to happen with files that are similarly named. In my case "Beneath.zip" and "Beneath.z01" are both trying to download as "Beneath.zip" in IE.

I now have 28 "pages" of attributes and am still wondering about the sort order column. Any ideas what to put there?

Also, I noticed that if I click to go to "next page" of the attributes, that works fine, or I can adjust the URL to say attribute page=28 or whatever and that works BUT if I click the dropdown box to select a page, what it does is create a blank product attribute, which is not what I want. How can I avoid that - or make the page selection like the other page selection options with 1 | 2 | 3 | etc.? Actually that might not work since I have so many pages it will not fit or create a bottom scroll bar but I need to do something. See Below:

SS3.gif

Has anyone else experienced or fixed either of these 2 issues?

Edited by ~Kira

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm running a music store, and tracks are available to download individually, or as a CD.

I'd like to change the drop down list into a column of checkboxes so that customers can select and purchase more than one MP3 at a time. I've tried this contribution: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6887 for changing the dropdown into a checkbox list, but if you click on more than one checkbox then click "add to cart" only one of the options is added.

So, is there a way of allowing customers to select and purchase more than one attribute?

Here's the store, if you're interested: http://www.terranovamusic.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=85

Many thanks in advance. SDS has been great so far!

Can anybody help on this, please?

Ta :)

uh oh. no help on sort order or next page issues? hmm.

• 3 weeks later...

Downloads controller will by default make downloads available for anything with a status of 10 or above. So if you want downloads to be available while processing the physical part of the order then it has to be something more than that, you can call it whatever you want. You can have more than one status type with a status over 10 to describe different situations whilst allowing downloads. I use the individual item status contribution to manage different statuses for different parts of the order - see link in my sig.

I have installed this contribution and it was working FINE for check/mo because the default was "pending" and when I changed the status to "download available" then the link(s) appeared.

What we have found out is that cc orders were set to "pending" and we didn't want to have to change them manually, as the link should be available immediately. So, I set the default order ID (in authorize.net aim module) to a new status, ID 13, "Credit Card Payment." After a customer made an order, it still showed the error text "Download not available until payment is confirmed."

So I set it to download available and we are still having problems. I see that there is a screen in the admin panel to TELL the store to allow downloads for various statuses, even pending, if you want it to. They were all set to allow downloads no matter what, yet they do not. The config screen shows downloads available at ID 10 and reset at ID 12 (the default settings I believe). Why are we still having problems? Any ideas? Need this to work for paying customers.

Edit: I had also added another status "shipped" in for the client and now many orders show as shipped on the main screen, yet "pending" on the order screen in admin. I have now deleted both shipped and delivered and see if that will help that issue at least. I don't see how it should show two things, there is only one order_status table! These are new orders too, not old ones that would have been affected by changing delivered to shipped as ID3 and adding an ID4 for delivered. (All the old orders were test orders, but now we are getting real ones so it's important to get this functional asap.)

Thanks for any help or ideas about fixing this problem. I can post code if you need it. Maybe we can help others with the same issues in the future.

Edited by ~Kira

1. Although the status won't be updated automatically, the download accesses will not work when expired and/or counts zeroed. To automatically update the orders status, you need to create a php script to check those orders and update status accordingly, and then create a cron job to run this script every day or every hour, etc.

2. This one is more trickier, but achievable. Since your ipn.php is working, you can add some lines into it to check the order type (virtual or physical or mixed) and then update the status accordingly. Basically physical items require shipping handling and you can always update the status manually, so it's ok to assign 'Pending' to those orders in the script.

There is also a simple solution for this one: just change the name '11 Downloads Now Available' to 'Completed'.

I tried to create a cron job to change all orders that should already be downloadable to being downloadable but it didn't update them. It did update their status in the database but links did still not show up. I don't have time for all the coding necessary for that and wonder if a sample script can be included in the next version of this - also with the sort order and other stuff that seems to be missing.

Hi all,

By default oscommerce is designed to use inside download folder. But I want to use external links for download. Is there any hint what changes are needed in download.php to do that?? I have tried in configure.php to use external server, but it gives error there is no downloads folder.

Hi all,

By default oscommerce is designed to use inside download folder. But I want to use external links for download. Is there any hint what changes are needed in download.php to do that?? I have tried in configure.php to use external server, but it gives error there is no downloads folder.

• 4 weeks later...

PayPal Express Payments not working for downloads.

I am having issues with using PayPal Express Payments for download purchases. PayPal Express is working ok if someone orders CDs or other products on my site, just not downloads. If they pay with a regular credit card, that works for downloads. I use PayPal Pro 1.1.0 by DynamoEffects. What is happening is if someone selects PayPal express to make a payment for a download, it returns them to my site as if they never made a payment, which no payment was processed, even if they already have an account with my website. I noticed on the installation intructions about an issue with PayPal IPN. Does it sound like that is the issue I am having? Suggestions on how I can fix this issue? Any ideas where I might have made an error with the install? I have had a few people emailing about this issue since I made the site live a month ago. Thanks! Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting for anyone's ideas on this. I had to post a message that PayPal Express is not working as a payment for downloads now on my website. Can someone point me in the right direction on this????

PayPal Express Payments not working for downloads.

I am having issues with using PayPal Express Payments for download purchases. PayPal Express is working ok if someone orders CDs or other products on my site, just not downloads. If they pay with a regular credit card, that works for downloads. I use PayPal Pro 1.1.0 by DynamoEffects. What is happening is if someone selects PayPal express to make a payment for a download, it returns them to my site as if they never made a payment, which no payment was processed, even if they already have an account with my website. I noticed on the installation intructions about an issue with PayPal IPN. Does it sound like that is the issue I am having? Suggestions on how I can fix this issue? Any ideas where I might have made an error with the install? I have had a few people emailing about this issue since I made the site live a month ago. Thanks! Bruce