• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

.....I copied thm all directly to \public_html\shop. Therefore, I overwrote \shop\admin, \shop\images, \shop\includes, \shop\checkout_process.php and \shop\checkout_shipping.php with the files from the download. I've also amended the two general.php files as stated in the readme.txt file.....
I believe that you have mixed up this contribution with something else. The instruction in the package is install.html, please find it and read it thoroughly.

All of my products will be downloads. Many of them will need to have a "License" watermark added to them prior to download. Can I use the download controller to identify files as being those that require the watermark and then add the watermark when that file is selected for download? If so, how do I identify them as requiring the watermark or not? (A third party will supply the scripting for adding the watermark. I think it is writen in Java Script).
Adding watermark on the fly during download is possible, but you need a flag in the database to decide which files require the extra process.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Wow. Have been wrestling with the stock download logic for a newly created store for several weeks now, and still don't have it working. If I can ever get it to work, would like to try out this technology, but don't really feel like engaging something more powerful/more complex until the basic stuff is working. Have done all the stuff as listed in many many posts, double-triple checked etc. and wound up instrumenting code with tons of fwrite()'s to a log file. Figured out all the logic, and it appears that PayPal works fine, has the correct link and osCsid for its "Return to Store" button, but that OSCommerce has dropped the session for some reason. That means the user has to log back in, and the logic then sends them first to checkout_payment.php and then to checkout_shipping.php... In other words, they bought the downloadable and the payment was processed, they have the product in their shopping cart, but are in an infinite loop always starting over in the order processing when they return from PayPal...

Any help in troubleshooting the session ID logic, is appreciated.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

hello and thanx for ur great work

i want to give direct download to customer without account login. so i m searching but not succed, if any one know about like that contribution so plz help me, if have any idea? i will b very thankfull. thnx n advance

• 1 month later...

Hello, only 120MB are downloaded from the files, download by redirect doesn't work at all, giving Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Any suggestions how to fix this? The files that must be downloaded are between 100 and 450MB.

The store runs on PHP 5, max_execution_time = 0, memory_limit = 64M

Thanks.

The last version of osCommerce which SDS v1.1 has been developed on and tested OK is 2.2 MS2 060817 release. There are several compatibility issues with later osCommerce "candidate" releases, and I'm still waiting for the "final" or "official" release to come out.

Hello.

Version RC2a is being out for a while now and it's pretty stable so far. It might take one, two, three years until another version comes out, not mentioning the "oficial" one...

I have been using some of your contributions (PayPal and SDS) and I know you're diligent and thoroughly, I trust your skills and I wouldn't like to apply any updates to your contributions that do not come from you.

Wouldn't you consider to update this great contribution to make it work with RC2a?

I truly hope you would. :)

Thank you for everything you have given to this community.

Patty

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Amazing contribution... everything works fine and I'm having a ball editing each of my existing options to include a file to go to for download and everything is working like a charm. So thank you, thank you, thank you Alex.

I've searched this thread quite a few different ways to see if someone had the situation I've got and I can't seem to find someone else who had that exact situation. I've seen needing to have more than one download link appear for one option which I figure is what the group file option is about and already works great for me.

My situation is that I have more then one option value on quite a few of my downloadable products... They need to pick a format AND a size which I found is more efficient for me and more pleasant for the customer to have the customer select individually then creating one long list of format a size a, format a size b, format b size a, format b size b... etc...

Is there a way for me to have 2 values point to one download file, instead of creating an unbelievably long option one option list? For instance, I have 10 different formats and 3 different sizes available... that would make the list 30 choices long. I know I could also combine it differently and have all the formats in one size file and have them pick the size only... but that creates very large files and I'd rather avoid that in the mind of saving on ressources if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for the help

Edited by mariemeh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, thank you for this very useful contribution.

When I'm trying to set up the products attributes I get this error message:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_attributes_download values (5, 'flower borders-01.zip', '7', '5')

[TEP STOP]

Could someone tell me what can be the problem.

Thank you.

Eva

Hi,

I've spent a few hours reading through this forum and even did a keyword search to help me find my answer. Its now 4:48am and my eyes hurt. I installed this contrib on the latest version of osCommerce as provided by Fantastico.

I have 3 PayPal options: PayPal, PayPal IPN and PayPal Website Payments Standard. I'm using the first PayPal as I use the same PayPal address for 6 other sites and I don't want everyone being auto-returned to my osCommerce store. Plus, I'm really not sure the difference between PayPal and PayPal Standard.

QUESTION:

Anyway, my downloads are about 5mb or less and are only to be sold separately. Do I make a separate sub folder for each .zip file and name the group file the same name, i.e. subfolder xyz for xyz.zip and make a file group in admin called xyz and add the xyz.zip file to it? Is that right?

PROBLEM:

After I installed the contrib I tried to do a half purchase since I'm not sure how to do a full test purchase without getting an error message from PayPal telling me I can't buy from myself. I used the default download that came with the store (unreal.zip). As soon as I added it to the cart this is what I get at the top of the page:

Fatal error: Call to a member function checkout_initialization_method() on a non-object in /home/qualwebn/public_html/store/shopping_cart.php on line 267

The cart then appears empty. I'm stuck as there was no modified file in the contrib for shopping_cart.php

One last thing, am I understanding this correctly: a customer purchases a download via regular paypal. After payment, they are taken back to my store to a thank you screen that tells them their purchase is pending (as this is the default setting for paypal) and that when I approve their purchase then they will receive their download.

I have set:

Expiry Day: 2

Maximum Downloads: 2

DC Order Status: 11

DC Update Status: 12

Please don't be mean to me or rude with your comments about my post here. I am new to osCommerce and am not a professional developer, programmer or coder.

Thank you.

Edited by LeoGirl

Please pack large files (over 120MB) with RAR or ZIP and split them into smaller chunks, then put the chunks into a filegroup.

The most simple way would be the large file solution, just pack the files into smaller chunks.

QUESTION:

Anyway, my downloads are about 5mb or less and are only to be sold separately. Do I make a separate sub folder for each .zip file and name the group file the same name, i.e. subfolder xyz for xyz.zip and make a file group in admin called xyz and add the xyz.zip file to it? Is that right?

You don't need to create a sub folder for each file. One sub folder for all will do the trick.
PROBLEM:

After I installed the contrib I tried to do a half purchase since I'm not sure how to do a full test purchase without getting an error message from PayPal telling me I can't buy from myself. I used the default download that came with the store (unreal.zip). As soon as I added it to the cart this is what I get at the top of the page:

Fatal error: Call to a member function checkout_initialization_method() on a non-object in /home/qualwebn/public_html/store/shopping_cart.php on line 267

The cart then appears empty. I'm stuck as there was no modified file in the contrib for shopping_cart.php

SDS has nothing to do with it.
One last thing, am I understanding this correctly: a customer purchases a download via regular paypal. After payment, they are taken back to my store to a thank you screen that tells them their purchase is pending (as this is the default setting for paypal) and that when I approve their purchase then they will receive their download.
That's the difference between regular PayPal and PayPal IPN. The downloads will be available automatically when PayPal IPN and SDS setup correctly.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

• 2 months later...

paypal_ipn.php adaptation needed for SDS 1.0+ please?

I've been comparing both the current RC2a paypal_ipn (catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php) and my previous version with the SDS1.0 changes to checkout_process.php and - whatever my expertise may be with php - it is not at all clear where to insert/duplicate the SDS1.0 code to paypal_ipn.php, especially where it's a decision whether to insert them before a segment that is unique to paypal_ipn.php, or where lines in checkout_process.phpypal_ipn.php (for example, lines 161-172 in the SDS1.1 checkout_process.php).

Are there explicit instructions for this anywhere? I've been through the entire SDS support forum several times - which was massively difficult until I figured out where the settings were for the new display system [hiding the topic titles by default... what's up with that?], and I can't find anything like that.

Better yet, Alex, is there any reason why we can't get a plain vanilla paypal_ipn.php that's been successfully adapted for SDS 1.0? Either (1) included as part of the standard SDS download or (2) posted as a stand-alone add-on to the main contribution (#4868). Or even built into one of your separate paypal contributions? Please, have mercy on us unworthy disciples and show us the way! I will gladly donate to the cause.

To any other SDS users, even if you can't post it to this thread, I'd be grateful for a PM or an e-mail if you've solved the paypal_ipn.php riddle.

The other thing on my SDS wish-list is a full set of instructions for entering and updating data into the new SDS admin/products_attributes.php screen. I've now got it more-or-less figured out, but it seems like each item I add brings new confusions and surprises. For instance, how to set File Groups back to status "0" - or how to either hide or attach file sizes to the Product Attributes entry area - instead of having to enter them as "Option Values". (I have a record-label with 50+ releases - with three or four download formats each that's 150-200+ option values I'll need to establish...). At this point I may need to simply hide that on the product display page and include the actual download sizes in the product description...

gratefully,

C.

Hi,

Thank you for the great contribution and the continuing support.

Currently I only have downloadable files in my store and I uploaded the zip files into subfolders (\catalog\download\english\english-kit\en-kits-boys\filename.zip).

I cant get the download links appear unless I move the files out from the subfolders into the download folder.

Is there any character I can't use in the file names? Is there any limit on how many subfolders can I have?

Do I have to use _ in the file or folder names?

I guess these are pretty basic things but I do not have any previous experience on anything like this.

I am using authorizenet.aim payment module in test mode now. When I put the file directly in the download folder and update the order status to download available I get the download link to the file. Will the order status update automatically after my account goes live?

If I like to have products to be shipped out too do I use the osc shipping modules or I have to set it up in the product attributes?

I searched the forum for these basic things but couldn't find any answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eva

Hi,

Thank you for the great contribution and the continuing support.

Currently I only have downloadable files in my store and I uploaded the zip files into subfolders (\catalog\download\english\english-kit\en-kits-boys\filename.zip).

I cant get the download links appear unless I move the files out from the subfolders into the download folder.

Is there any character I can't use in the file names? Is there any limit on how many subfolders can I have?

Do I have to use _ in the file or folder names?

I guess these are pretty basic things but I do not have any previous experience on anything like this.

I am using authorizenet.aim payment module in test mode now. When I put the file directly in the download folder and update the order status to download available I get the download link to the file. Will the order status update automatically after my account goes live?

If I like to have products to be shipped out too do I use the osc shipping modules or I have to set it up in the product attributes?

I searched the forum for these basic things but couldn't find any answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eva

I managed to solve one problem. My download link shows up now after I update the order status to download not available.

The problem was that in the product attributes setup in only asks for the file name so I put in: something.zip

But if you have the file in a subfolder you have to write in the whole rout to the file from the download like: music/mp3/something.zip

Now when I click on the download button I get an error message:

Firefox can't find the file at http://eva4art.com/catalog/download.php?order=4&id=6.

And I still have the other questions listed in the previous post.

Thanks for your help.

Super Download Shop v1.0

for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 Update 060817 or later

Super Download Shop contribution is an enhancement of the osCommerce download module and download file management, including following features:

• Secure download for pending orders based on DownLoads Controller v5.3 by Linda McGrath which was the best solution to secure downloads. Without similar control, customers could get their downloads before they actually pay.
  • Group files download per product which enable download shops to offer multiple files in a single product. With this ability, shop owners can:
    • Break a large download file into a group of files, to prevent problems like insufficient resource, time out errors...etc.
    • Bundle multiple downloads in one package to increase sells.

[*]Store download files in sub folders under the download directory to improve the file management.

[*]Built-in superior file management interface in admin panel.

Hello, I tried to install your contribution and I obviously made a big error.

I started receivng this message:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wbbookst/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:62) in /home/wbbookst/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

It appears when you go to my store at wbbookstore.com

I deleted the new files, replaced the modfied files with the old files and deleted the new definitions from the other files.

But it's still showing up. Can you help me?

I managed to solve one problem. My download link shows up now after I update the order status to download not available.

The problem was that in the product attributes setup in only asks for the file name so I put in: something.zip

But if you have the file in a subfolder you have to write in the whole rout to the file from the download like: music/mp3/something.zip

Now when I click on the download button I get an error message:

Firefox can't find the file at http://eva4art.com/catalog/download.php?order=4&id=6.

And I still have the other questions listed in the previous post.

Thanks for your help.

I found our that I got the error code because in the database I still had remaining data from the deleted test accounts.

It would be great if the database would update everything but it doesn't so you have to do it manually.

Is there anybody out there who uses the authorizenet.aim payment module and could tell me how to set up the download controller so it automatically updates the orders tatus when the payment is made?

paypal_ipn.php adaptation needed for SDS 1.0+ please?
Did you try this instruction?
how to set File Groups back to status "0"
Set File Group to "No File Group" AND add a filename to the Filename field.
how to either hide or attach file sizes to the Product Attributes entry area - instead of having to enter them as "Option Values". (I have a record-label with 50+ releases - with three or four download formats each that's 150-200+ option values I'll need to establish...). At this point I may need to simply hide that on the product display page and include the actual download sizes in the product description...
I don't quite understand your question here. The file size only shown with the download link when it's available for download. If you want to show it somewhere else, you need to add some code to do the job.

Hello, I tried to install your contribution and I obviously made a big error.
You probably have done something wrong while installation but I can't tell what it is. If you have a backup you can restore everything and do it again carefully. Otherwise I don't know how to help.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have installed the SDS files and made requested changes. I have also installed both sql files into my database. I have ran through the instructions a couple of times but I'm still unable to get the downloads to work. I also do not see the download pages with the graphics that are shown in the sample images. Mine just says this at the bottom:

Download Products Here:

File name to download Tuesday, 27 October 2009 3 downloads remaining

The problem is that there is nothing to click on to download the file. What have I done wrong?

Melissa

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have installed the SDS files and made requested changes. I have also installed both sql files into my database. I have ran through the instructions a couple of times but I'm still unable to get the downloads to work. I also do not see the download pages with the graphics that are shown in the sample images. Mine just says this at the bottom:

Download Products Here:

File name to download Tuesday, 27 October 2009 3 downloads remaining

The problem is that there is nothing to click on to download the file. What have I done wrong?

Melissa

Do you have subfolders in your catalog/download folder?

If yes, make sure in the product attributes setup when it asks for the file name put in the whole route to your file from the download folder.

Like: music/mp3/something.zip

Hello,

The shop i am working on generates a custom document for each customer and creates a filename comprised of the order# and a product code. would SDS be usable as a solution for making these files downloadable for the customer. In other words, is there a way to adjust SDS to accommodate dynamic file names?

If not, can anyone think of a way to go about that?

I would be seriously grateful for any help with this..

Thanks a million! :)

Hi

Thanks for this contribution. I don't think I have any problems, but I am stuck on the set up parts, so haven't properly tested it. I have never had anything to do with downloads but I am now going to add them to my physical shop. I have a couple of ques please? I can't find any explainations anywhere?

I don't use weight as a determining factor in my shipping, so all physical products are still set at 0. Does this contrib need my physical & virtual products to have different weights?

I would like customers to keep their physical & virtual baskets seperate, but there is always one who won't see these instructions. My shipping is for example £2 up to £30 & free over. If they mix & the total inc virtual goes over £30 will it give free P&P or will it only count the physical items? Can I then still use "Dispatched" status for the physical items & also "Download Now Available" to activate the virtual?

There is a .htaccess in the download folder but what should it say as this is the default one? Does it need to be password protected or something else?

I don't understand the file groups? :( Can someone explain please. I assume I can put different peoples downloads in a sub-folder ie download/fred_smith download/harry_smith

Are the file groups like categories? eg papers, books, stamps?

So I load a product & go to Product Attributes to make it a downloadable product? Duh I feel silly. :(

Sorry if these are obviouse questions but I couldn't find any detailed info on what or how it works so I could understand what was being expected. I've never been involved in any sort of downloads.

Hi

Ok reading every single word & solved some but a few queries?

I have Alex last up to date download. I did it very carefully & all appears ok but some of the things I'm reading I need to do & they work without?

I have GZip set to true but haven't changed the code in the known issues? Any reason why this is working without this?

Download to redirect false (should this be true even though it's ok?)

Pub & Download folders set to 755 & not 777

Haven't tried the card root (not PayPal) but manually setting to download is the only one to work (great) but there isn't a link in the email notification? Should there be? The account area has one & works? How can I do a test card purchase please?

Virtual products alone skips P&P page but mixed they are counted towards the total & can put it over the free P&P limit. How can I get the virtual product totals to be ignored but still go throught P&P as normal if there is physical products as well as virtual?

The download link in account area only has the product name & not the attribute option ie .jpg or .png file so they can see which one they have chosen.

Still don't understand how to use the File Groups?

Did you try this instruction?

Hi Alex-

I have updated catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php from your PayPal_IPN 2.3.4.7 with the code for SDS 1.0 using the instructions that you referred me to here [#entry1036762 ]

While the unchanged file [paypal_ipn.php,v 2.3.3.0 11/17/2007 11:15:28 alexstudio] works fine, as does my heavily-amended previous version [paypal_ipn.php,v 1.3.0.0 2006/06/22 19:29:00 Edith Karnitsch (whose components of course are arranged in a different sequence)], the SDS1.0 additions cause BOTH files to fail - whether it's an attempted download purchase (bypassing checkout_shipping.php) or when a customer attempts a standard purchase (proceeding normally from checkout_shipping.php to checkout_payment.php.

Working with your 2.3.4.7 file (+SDS1.0) I get this error at the point where checkout_payment.php should appear:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in .../catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 158

where line 158 is totally normal:

'delivery_state' => $order->delivery['state'],

By adding blank lines in different places I was able to determine that the actual error comes from the added line 176:

'last_modified' => 'now()',

(Adding four blank lines before line 176 changes the error message from "...line 158" to "...line 162". Adding the blank lines after line 176 results in the original error message for line 158. It makes no difference whether the new line is inserted before or after the line "'date_purchased' => 'now()',")

If I comment out the added 'last modified' line, I get this error instead:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .../catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 230

where line 230 is:

$attributes_query = "select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pad.products_attributes_maxdays, pad.products_attributes_maxcount , pad.products_attributes_filename

All these tables and fields are present in my database. (And I do not think there is any error-line transposition occurring here. This line 230 and in fact the entire stretch from 211 to 254 are the unchanged original IPN language - and are identical in my previous version.)

My checkout_payment.php (in whose place the error message is displayed) is an unaltered file from the 2.2 rc2a release.

The 'last modified' field in my orders table is working properly and is set to null=yes, default=null.

and my settings in the osC control panel are conventional.

What could be causing the failure message?

thanks for your help - C.

Hi

I have been reading this post & searching & still not found an answer. Mine works but for these two points, so am not sure what to do next as everyone else seems to be having major problems & I haven't experienced them...just simple ones?

Ok just so I'm not looking for something that isn't meant to happen & I have maybe mis-read. It says the link is in the checkout-confirmation page? My email that confirms the order & even the manually adjusted one which says "download now available" doesn't have the link in? Will change this to "Download now available under "Account History" Please log in & view your order to download file/s"

Shall I post about the email side of having both physical & virtual products under the general forum, even though it is related to SDS & possibly of interest to others using this contrib?

Problem is the general don't usually answer as they think it should be posted in the relevant support thread. :(

Thanks for any feedback on any of my questions, especially if it working with the GZip on & redirect false would be helpful. :)