• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

AlexStudio, I got PayPal IPN to update the orders automatically, but the user does not get their downloads on the checkout_success.php page, rather in their account 20 seconds later. What causes this issue?

It's not a big deal since I was planning on editing the 'Note: Downloads not available...' to something like 'Downloads are now available in your account'.

Okay thanks for the help I got it working.

I can add accounts, I can edit orders I can add orders to customer accounts that haven't ordered.

But now theres a problem using the order editor and adding a download group, the links dont show up in the account. What needs to be added or changed in order for these links to appear in the customers account.

Right now It says what the download is days and downloads left but no links Please help!!

Hey Alex, Im trying to get this to work with the order editor and I know I have to change sql input but im not quite sure how to do it...

This is the statement that add normal downloads:

//check for downloads
		  $download_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " where products_attributes_id = '" . (int)$attribute_price['products_attributes_id'] . "'");
		  if (tep_db_num_rows($download_query)) {
			  $download = tep_db_fetch_array($download_query);
			  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " (orders_id, orders_products_id, orders_products_filename, download_maxdays, download_count) values ('" . $orders_id . "', '0', '" . tep_db_input((string)$download['products_attributes_filename']) . "', '" . tep_db_input((int)$download['products_attributes_maxdays']) . "', '" . tep_db_input((int)$download['products_attributes_maxcount']) . "')");
		  }

I can really figure out how to adapt the code for this contribution.

Also I read this post but I have no idea what hes talking about nor what your reply to him meant with "you need to break group files in".

I would rather not crash my store so any help on specifically getting the links to show would be great!

Also I read this post but I have no idea what hes talking about nor what your reply to him meant with "you need to break group files in".

I would rather not crash my store so any help on specifically getting the links to show would be great!

You can find similar code block in checkout_process.php which deals with downloads, compare it with the SDS modification and you'll see what you need to do.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Still cannot get it so that authroize.net credit card download orders to work properly. I want it so that once an order is made, the client can download the mp3.

When the submit order is pressed to submit the order, the customer goes to the 'checkout_success' page that is redirected by authorize.net.

The actual URL of the page is:

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

which goes to the page that says:

Your Order Has Been Processed! Your products will be shipped out in a timely manner.

However, when the clustomer goes into their account and to the order, there is no download link-my client mut manually approve the order.

I went into the Payment Module, choose the Authorize.net option, changed the Order Status from Processing to Download Now Available. The client still has to manually approve the order before download link appears.

Still cannot get it so that authroize.net credit card download orders to work properly. I want it so that once an order is made, the client can download the mp3.

Should say "I want it so that once an order is made, the customer can download the mp3". Customer, not client.

You can find similar code block in checkout_process.php which deals with downloads, compare it with the SDS modification and you'll see what you need to do.

......What am I modifiing? what am I comparing to? I still dont know what your talking about he posted what looks like random code to me I dont know what file that came from. I dont know what code your talking about and where it should be modified in the order edit addon... Your talking to a guy thats completly new to this sorry for my ignorance but I need a little more help.

I looked in checkout_process.php and its modified for your addon I really dont know what you mean when you say it deals with downloads if its already modified of course it deals with sds downloads. so how am i supposed to compare it to sds modification thats already on it? I feel really dumb I dont have any clue what to do.

Any help with the download thing? I am desperate for a fix, I am having to go in and delete accounts and recreate them just to get the downloads to show up because the order editor/adder does not support super downloads. Any help for a new user since I dont know where to edit it like you keep posting. Please help.

Hello,

I don't know whether this got answered before or not but here goes. This contribution works perfectly with both authorize.net payment and paypal_ipn Here is the trick. The payment statuses must match! The default payment status for downloads to be available is 12. What you must do is change that to be the payment status for your authorize.net payments from pending to processing. So if authorize.net has Authorized/Pending Capture they can get their downloads instantly on the checkout_success.php page. Thats what we all want right? Instant gratification. The next step is to change the the order status for the paypal_ipn so that they match. This can be done from the admin --> localization --> order status Also check the settings that you have setup on the modules --> payment --> credit/debit via paypal

Set Preparing Order Status: Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status: Pending

Set PayPal Completed Order Status: Processing

As I recall there is also a page where the settings for the expected status of 12 is hard coded you have to find this and change it from 12 to 3 or which ever one you choose as your download available status. Sorry I forget which page that it is and which contribution is it paypal_ipn or Super Download Shop

Hope that helps

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

Hello,

I don't know whether this got answered before or not but here goes. This contribution works perfectly with both authorize.net payment and paypal_ipn Here is the trick. The payment statuses must match! The default payment status for downloads to be available is 12. What you must do is change that to be the payment status for your authorize.net payments from pending to processing. So if authorize.net has Authorized/Pending Capture they can get their downloads instantly on the checkout_success.php page.

I don't use paypal, I use authorize.net and changing the status to 12 in the download configuration does not help. Still cannot make it so that they can get their downloads instantly. What order status should the authorize.net be in the payment module?

Yes it's possible to check the download completed or not by adding a counter in the loop, but I don't see it necessary because customers will complain if they can't get the files. If you're using 'download by redirect', you can also check your server traffic log for the bytes count.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi,

This seems ideal for us but we're hitting a problem which I can't see this in the first 20+ pages, so -

We're offering MP3s which we're bundling with artwork as file groups, and have got to the point where

A free of charge file group handles perfectly (via the Free of Charge contrib)

Paid-for individual files handle perfectly (via PayPal standard)

BUT

A paid-for file group or a paid-for/free mixture doesn't generate download links, just displays the file group name(s). Order status is 'Download Now available'.

Checking the orders_products-download table I can see that the successful orders show the file name(s) under orders_products_filename but the unsuccessful ones have Group_Files-1, Group_Files-2 etc which I imagine are not being recognised as valid files to download.

Am I missing something here? What is happening when we move off to PayPal that returns the file group name instead of the files it represents?

Thanks for any help here.

Edited by JWDegas

You didn't apply the modifications to your PayPal module where it takes over the jobs in checkout_process.php, there for the file groups are not breaking up into individual files with the orders.

Thanks for the quick reply Alex, sorted now. I hadn't realised that PayPal IPN related to the standard PayPal module (now paypal_standard.php) so applied the update from this thread's page 5 that I'd seen and ignored before (doh!)

Edited by JWDegas

Thank you for the seemingly great addon. Before I install it, I would just want to know whether I have to install the "DownloadsControllerv5_3_2c" addon FIRST before installing Super Download Store. Or is the the DownloadsController already integrated into the code of Super Download store?

I wasnt sure. Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards

ReemE

• 2 weeks later...

Alex, I am new to the Super Download Shop and thought I had installed it as per in instructions...

However I now get...

1146 - Table 'oscommerce_4026314340.TABLE_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

...when I try to enter the admin area (I was trying to follow "Setup Downloads" instructions)

The thing that totally confuses me is I have never heard of a table called "TABLE_CONFIGURATION"

I looked at my backups and the oscommerce db never contained such a table- And the sql I ran during the install process for S.D.S. doesn't mention is either...

Can you see what I have done wrong from this info?

I am luck in that I am working with a non active oscommerce implementation so this is not a panic situation :)