• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Thanks so much for answering! I am going to attempt to install this tonight. Was it very difficult to install? I am somewhat of a newbie. I can get around and change things up and have been able to accomplish quite a bit with reading the posts on this forum, but this kinda spooks me.

Again, thanks very much for replying and I will give it a try.

Michelle

PS. I enjoyed visiting your site! May I inquire as to how you got your top banner/logo to center? Some of this stuff is a pain in the rear to understand or get the hang of!

Thanks!

Michelle

Michelle, Thanks for the compliment on my store. I've been working on it for a year. When I get the time, i'm going to add it to OsCommerce's live store center.

Installing SDS was fairly straight forward, with good install instructions.

As far as centering the heading, The <center> code is put in catalog/includes/header.php as below.

<br><span class=title><center><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?></span>

Michael A. Tims aka Mr Matco

www.matcopublishing.com/catalog/

Michelle, Thanks for the compliment on my store. I've been working on it for a year. When I get the time, i'm going to add it to OsCommerce's live store center.

Installing SDS was fairly straight forward, with good install instructions.

As far as centering the heading, The <center> code is put in catalog/includes/header.php as below.

<br><span class=title><center><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?></span>

Thanks for that code. I appreciate it. You know, in doing more research this evening, I found a way to not have to put my freebies on oscommerce, but on my website that is hosted by hostmonster. I can put each file with the pic directly on there and they can get immediate downloads. I was curious about if anyone could access my paid designs. I tried and had a few friends try to get to it and they couldnt. A friend said because I have the htaccess thingy enabled on my site. Which was a HUGE load off of my mind.

Since I do use both sites, the main website and the store site, I think I am going to just put them on the main site and work the freebies from there. I can add pages with lots of info for each design and multiple photos without having to go through a lot of hooplah. I use Kompozer so it's fairly easy.

I am just afraid of hacking my code, as Ive already had to pay someone to install a contrib before and I surely do NOT want to have my store go down again. LOL I am sure you can understand that!

Thanks so much for your help and input. I will direct everyone I know to your site. Ebooks are SO popular. They are great for my dad, as he has trouble seeing and he can set the resolution on the computer to where everything is large and it makes it so much easier for him. Hey, speaking of site links, would you consider a link exchange? I would love to put your site for ebooks on my Links of Interest section on the main page of my site. Would you be interested in doing the same? If not, that is TOTALLY OKAY! A lot of people I know LOVE ebooks and if you happen to have any crafting ebooks, it would add to both our sites. I dont know if this is a good place to ask that. Hope I dont get into trouble...LOL

At any rate, thanks so much for your help and input.

Michelle

www.clearcreekscraps.com

Thanks for that code. I appreciate it. You know, in doing more research this evening, I found a way to not have to put my freebies on oscommerce, but on my website that is hosted by hostmonster. I can put each file with the pic directly on there and they can get immediate downloads. I was curious about if anyone could access my paid designs. I tried and had a few friends try to get to it and they couldnt. A friend said because I have the htaccess thingy enabled on my site. Which was a HUGE load off of my mind.

Since I do use both sites, the main website and the store site, I think I am going to just put them on the main site and work the freebies from there. I can add pages with lots of info for each design and multiple photos without having to go through a lot of hooplah. I use Kompozer so it's fairly easy.

I am just afraid of hacking my code, as Ive already had to pay someone to install a contrib before and I surely do NOT want to have my store go down again. LOL I am sure you can understand that!

Thanks so much for your help and input. I will direct everyone I know to your site. Ebooks are SO popular. They are great for my dad, as he has trouble seeing and he can set the resolution on the computer to where everything is large and it makes it so much easier for him. Hey, speaking of site links, would you consider a link exchange? I would love to put your site for ebooks on my Links of Interest section on the main page of my site. Would you be interested in doing the same? If not, that is TOTALLY OKAY! A lot of people I know LOVE ebooks and if you happen to have any crafting ebooks, it would add to both our sites. I dont know if this is a good place to ask that. Hope I dont get into trouble...LOL

Michelle

www.clearcreekscraps.com

I put the link to your 101 SCRAPBOOKING TIPS ebook on the site. Let me know if you get any hits!

Michelle

Michelle

www.clearcreekscraps.com

Michelle,

I do have crafting ebooks and would definately accept a link exchange. You didn't notice, but I have a link exchange Option in the left column Under Information. It is titled "Links of Interest". But I might change it to just "Link Exchange".

Good luck in your endeavors,

well..

me to install Super_Download_Shop_v1_1...

and set everything as according as you specified in install file

but could not get download link in the oscommerce site

i am working it with my localhost..so to see the download link of product it is not necessary to pay

really it is great contribution from your side...

now tell me what should i do...to see download link

and to download product...

if you need i will provide ip address of my computer since it is in internet...

help me

regards

vikaL

Michelle,

I do have crafting ebooks and would definately accept a link exchange. You didn't notice, but I have a link exchange Option in the left column Under Information. It is titled "Links of Interest". But I might change it to just "Link Exchange".

Good luck in your endeavors,

GREAT! Yes, Link Exchange would be better, imo. I think Im going to add a section called exactly that to go in in conjunction with my links of interest. Good luck to you too. Keep in touch. Was a pleasure meeting you! I hope we cross paths again!

Michelle

www.clearcreekscraps.com

Hello All,

Great contribution, excellent instructions. I was able to have it work from the start. Although I did have download controller installed previously. Actually I had to move to this contribution from downloads controller in order to get my shop working again after doing the Oscommerce MS2.2 RC2a update. Downloads controller no longer works with that update. In order to make this contribution code consistent with RC2a update I had to make the following changes. Please excuse this post if it is a repeat. I didn't want to read all 33 pages.

In catalog/download.php on line 23 I changed it to

$downloads_query = tep_db_query("select date_format(o.last_modified, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, o.orders_status, opd.download_maxdays, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays, opd.orders_products_filename from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " os where o.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order'] . "' and o.orders_status >= '" . DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_ORDERS_STATUS . "' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_download_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['id'] . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != '' and o.orders_status = os.orders_status_id and os.downloads_flag = '1' and os.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

In catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php on line 23 to

/*UPv2.2RC2a*/$downloads_query = tep_db_query("select o.orders_status, date_format(o.last_modified, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, op.products_name, opd.orders_products_download_id, opd.orders_products_filename, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " os where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and o.orders_status >= '" . DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_ORDERS_STATUS . "' and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$last_order . "' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_filename != '' and o.orders_status = os.orders_status_id and os.downloads_flag = '1' and os.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Now both the download flag from the RC2a and the downloads controller order status are checked!

If you do this be sure to update your table_order_status in your phpmyadmin to have the download flag for the valid order status to be 1 and not 0 All are set to 0 by default with the SQL changes in the RC2a update.

Remember to back up your database and code pages first ;)

Hope this helps

Thanks

Christian

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

Hi Alex

Thanks for your excellent contribution. I have installed SDS mainly for the features of enabling group downloads and using subfolders. All my products are mp3's.

Everything works fine except that the download is incomplete after downloading.

Most files are between 3-6mb but only about 1mb can be successfully downloaded.

Redirect is set to false and I have disabled gzip compression.

My store is located on http://silverflute.co.za/sfstore/catalog/

I have tried to read through all the posts for a solution, but haven't found anything yet.

The only solution seemed the timeout setting, but could not find that line in download.php

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Seems like your server's PHP has memory limits. Did you try download by redirect?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Seems like your server's PHP has memory limits. Did you try download by redirect?

Hi Alex

When I enable redirect I get the message below when trying to download.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sfstore/catalog/pub/.zfzpuzygqitddcxx/02somanythings.mp3 on this server.

Is there any other configuration needed when using redirect? Both my /pub and /download folders are set to 777.

My hosting provider is Netfirms and they provide their own version of Oscommerce that has a lot of glitches. I am using the proper Oscommerce version (not the Netfirms one). I did read through their help tutorials regarding downloadable music and they seem to prefer redirect to be set to 'False', for some reason.

I hope these questions are not silly as I know you get tons of queries. Thanks again for your support.

Make sure you have the /pub folder chmod to 777 by checking it in your CP instead of your FTP client. If it really is 777, contact your host for help.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Alex,

This is my first post, and first of all i would like to thank you Alex the work made on this contribution. (and btw, sorry for my bad english..)

I am totally new on oscommerce world, still learning how things works, so please excure my ignorance...

I would like to know how it is supposed SDS to be applyed to todays's oscommerce builds? it's clear it isn't enought to move the modified_files folder contents, as there may be changes made on those files on newer releases and hence overwriting files is not a good idea, imho.

for example, checkout_process.php file, where i used the diff tool and just get confused about what are really your changes, but considering the ID from both files:

Yours: $Id: checkout_process.php,v 1.128 2003/05/28 hpdl Exp $

Latest Release: $Id: checkout_process.php,v 1750 2007-12-21 hpdl $

obviously I have to use the release where the 1.128 version file is included, but unfortunately it's not available (or may there is somewhere an historic archive where all releases are available?)

IMHO the perfect thing would be to keep contributions synced with latest releases, but i understand it may requires many work... apart it's a boring job.

however, may do you still have the original 1.128 file (and the rest of original modified_files) where the diff tool will work properly? it will be just great to me, if you could send it to me, i can integrate the changes on the latest release and send it back to you so that you can release a new up-to-date contribution?

Well, thats all for now...

Thanks for your time and support.

Gretz.

Hi

I’m looking for some advice please if anybody can help.

This contribution looks very good but I’m not quite sure whether it will do what I need it to.

Basically we do structural calculations for our customers, they order them through the website and then they either upload or email their drawings etc to us. We then do the calcs and email them a pdf file with all the necessary.

What I would like to do is to be able to provide a separate download area for each customer where they could download everything from the web site. Each customer would have different files but we only have a small number of customers so it would be very easy to manually create individual directories for each customer and to copy the files into each directory.

It looks like the contribution will do this (well it looks like it will do much more than this), but I just wanted to make sure before I start messing around with the site.

Sorry for the stupid question and many thanks for any help.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

Strikes me like the most difficult part of your application of oscommerce to your situation is the fact that you want to have products that available to only certain customers and hidden from all others. I think that there are contributions that address that situation, but not this one. In fact I don't think that you need this at all if your customers are only downloading a single .pdf. The standard download functionality of oscommerce should have you covered, in that regard.

Hope that helps.

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

Many thanks for that Christian.

I'll have a play around with the standard download feature.

Your right though, I think the problem will be setting it up so that only one person can see their own files.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I've installed and configured everything as said to in the instructions (which are great, by the way).

I'm having difficulties getting the downloads to show when the 'order has been processed'.

I added unreal.zip to download/, added it to the products section in admin under 'Videos'.... I guess I'm a bit confused on how to use the product attributes and the products section together to get this to work.

Thank you for a great contrib! Any help is appreciated :)

Oh, if it makes any difference, which it might (I'm thinking)... when I 'checkout' I choose the 'cash on delivery' option. I'm not sure what payment option is best. I want to use PayPal but the instructions about non secure downloads and PayPal IPN are a bit confusing too. Do I need to install PayPal IPN?

Edited by Kmberly

Hi There,

I am new to osCommerce as well as PHP and want to ask a quesion. I am trying to install Super Download Shop and are following the instructions supplied. I do not know however to do the following:

" - STEP 3.2 - And then add new definitions to files list below: (Do NOT overwrite your existing files with the ones came with this package!!)"

How is this done??

Thanks

Swannie

Michelle, I have 1225 digital downloads in my eBook Store of which 333 are freebies. I have the Super Download Shop installed and Paypal handles all orders properly whether they are mixed with free items or not.

matcopublishing.com/catalog/

Mr Matco, did you add any other contribution part from Super Download Shop?

I have tried with the "Free of Charge" module, but it alone does not seem to do the trick.

I would be very grateful if you explained how you solved the free downloads issue.

With the "Free of Charge" module it appears as the order status get stuck on "pending".

Thank you for your time.

" - STEP 3.2 - And then add new definitions to files list below: (Do NOT overwrite your existing files with the ones came with this package!!)"

How is this done??

You have to copy&paste the contents of those files over your existing files.

copy and paste from "// BOF" to "//EOF" (including those lines) and paste them at the END (just before the final "?>") of the corresponding file.

Hi,

I've finally patched everything properly to my current oscommerce distro, which btw it's osc2nuke.., i needed to do some fixes on my own but at least it seems to work now.. ;)

However, a little issue has arrived... once the payment has been made (sandbox), paypal does not return me to the catalog page, the return's URL is as follow:

site.com/modules.php?name=catalog&file=checkout_process

and in the paypal site the code looks ok:

<form action="site.com/modules.php?name=catalog&file=checkout_process" method="get">

but on my apache/access.log file, i can see the request is made as follow:

site.com/modules.php?mc_gross=1.00&invoice=111&etc-etc

I think it has something to do some javascript which is executed from paypal at time the return button is pressed, but no quite sure, someone has a clue of the cause or a possible solve?

i'll start now to try to debug this better, but i wanted to ask you guys first in case someone of you noticed that before.

Thanks.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I've installed and configured everything as said to in the instructions (which are great, by the way).

I'm having difficulties getting the downloads to show when the 'order has been processed'.

I added unreal.zip to download/, added it to the products section in admin under 'Videos'.... I guess I'm a bit confused on how to use the product attributes and the products section together to get this to work.

Thank you for a great contrib! Any help is appreciated :)

Oh, if it makes any difference, which it might (I'm thinking)... when I 'checkout' I choose the 'cash on delivery' option. I'm not sure what payment option is best. I want to use PayPal but the instructions about non secure downloads and PayPal IPN are a bit confusing too. Do I need to install PayPal IPN?

Hi, I just wanted to update this and say, I now get that I have to have a payment module that has IPN. I downloaded your PayPal IPN EC contrib, but can't get sandbox to work for me to test. Sooo, I tried to do fake orders with the OSC fake credit card number, and no link or nothing when I complete purchase, or when I look in my account.

Hi, I just wanted to update this and say, I now get that I have to have a payment module that has IPN. I downloaded your PayPal IPN EC contrib, but can't get sandbox to work for me to test. Sooo, I tried to do fake orders with the OSC fake credit card number, and no link or nothing when I complete purchase, or when I look in my account.

You should first start following the instructions word by word, later you can try doing those experiments you mention ;)

best try the standard "Paypal IPN" module (current 2.3.4.5 version), you only have to copy three files to your server; IIRC, EC need some changes, cant remember atm.

i dunno which problems you had with sandbox, but here it took me two minutes to register (dunno if it has something to do the fact i already had a normal paypal account) and later being able to handle ipn payments without problems (using two sandbox test acounts, one for seller and other as customer)

try to re-read carefully the instructions again, also read the "Selling downloads" article by Alex, you can find the link to it at the Alex's sign.

I can't give you a best support since i'm novice as well using oscommerce software, but at least i get it working which means you should be able as well :)

You should first start following the instructions word by word, later you can try doing those experiments you mention ;)

best try the standard "Paypal IPN" module (current 2.3.4.5 version), you only have to copy three files to your server; IIRC, EC need some changes, cant remember atm.

i dunno which problems you had with sandbox, but here it took me two minutes to register (dunno if it has something to do the fact i already had a normal paypal account) and later being able to handle ipn payments without problems (using two sandbox test acounts, one for seller and other as customer)

try to re-read carefully the instructions again, also read the "Selling downloads" article by Alex, you can find the link to it at the Alex's sign.

I can't give you a best support since i'm novice as well using oscommerce software, but at least i get it working which means you should be able as well :)

I did follow everything word for word. I'll install the other PayPal module then. I have signed up with sandbox, created a seller and business account but I cannot figure out how to 'test' the transactions. The user guide does not help me to know what to do exactly to test.

Oh, the paypal IPN module you told me to install.. is there an english version!?

Edited by Kmberly