• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Is this Bug or security problem? Did I somehow miss something

If you are using oscommerce for downloads then customers can get your products for free

I have SDS installed and all appears to be fine except for this and I find this to be true with all payment modules

Here is the scenario

Customer visits my store

Selects product adds to cart

Goes to checkout

Creates account or logs in

Completes all checkout steps except for final confirm order step

Pay attention here as this is where the product becomes free

Url Address bar shows this url

https://mydomain.com/checkout_confirmation.php

Customer changes above url to

https://mydomain.com/checkout_process.php

Page reloads to

https://mydomain.com/checkout_success.php

At this point no payment has been completed and customer has access to download all products that was placed in shopping cart

Because we sell Video on Demand it will not be feasible for us to verify payment on every order and manually updating order status to allow download.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts anyone may have

If anyone else sells or offers any type of downloads then check your shop and see if your products could be free to anyone that knows how to by pass payments

SDS checks orders status id, downloads allowed only if it exceeds the 'Downloads Controller Orders Status Value'. Otherwise downloads are blocked, download links shouldn't work at all. You must have something mis configured or installed incorrectly.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I just have installed super downloader but im having problems in using it.when i tested to buy and download product in other files i found this line instead of the download link...

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'His Dark Materials').lit'

select padg2f.download_group_file_description from products_attributes_download_groups_files padgf left join products_attributes_download_groups_to_files padg2f on padgf.download_groups_file_id = padg2f.download_groups_file_id where padgf.download_group_filename = 'The Subtle Knife (Book 2 of 'His Dark Materials').lit' and padg2f.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

and when i want to view and edit the product attributes at admin i couldn't change the pages,its stuck at page 1.

please help?

select padg2f.download_group_file_description from products_attributes_download_groups_files padgf left join products_attributes_download_groups_to_files padg2f on padgf.download_groups_file_id = padg2f.download_groups_file_id where padgf.download_group_filename = 'The Subtle Knife (Book 2 of 'His Dark Materials').lit' and padg2f.language_id = '1'
Don't use quotes in the file description for the time being. I'll put this into the to-do list.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Don't use quotes in the file description for the time being. I'll put this into the to-do list.

Thank you so much for your reply!=)

I'll try to rename my files.But i couldn't click the page at the admin product attribute page.its stuck at page1.couldn't see the pages of the other products.when i click the page 2 or page 3,4 or even this >>, it just shows the page 1.

Please use phpMyAdmin to edit the problematic entries in your database.

Thank you so much for your help...i only start using phpmyadmin 3days ago...i dont know where to look.can you help me?

im trying to run group_file_for_download.sql again because im having problems with the pages at admin product attribute but i got this error

Error at the line 4: ALTER TABLE `products_attributes_download` ADD `products_attributes_filegroup_id` INT( 11 ) NULL AFTER `products_attributes_filename` ;

Query: ALTER TABLE `products_attributes_download` ADD `products_attributes_filegroup_id` INT( 11 ) NULL AFTER `products_attributes_filename` ;

MySQL: Duplicate column name 'products_attributes_filegroup_id'

Edited by craft1321

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Installed your add-on and everything seems to work fine, but when I go to "purchase" a download, there is no link or anything after payment has been received. I have installed it exactly as outlined in the install.html, and even read every post in this topic to see if someone else was having the same problem. I found a few that were, but when I tried their fix, I was still at no avail.

Any suggestions where I should begin to look? I do not know php at all.

Justyn

Hey,

Installed your add-on and everything seems to work fine, but when I go to "purchase" a download, there is no link or anything after payment has been received. I have installed it exactly as outlined in the install.html, and even read every post in this topic to see if someone else was having the same problem. I found a few that were, but when I tried their fix, I was still at no avail.

Any suggestions where I should begin to look? I do not know php at all.

Justyn

Nevermind, I got the download to work...

Is there anyway to not charge shipping on downloaded items?

I am having the same problem.

Before I installed this contrib I could never see a download link after payment. So, I decided to install this contrib, but have the same symptom.

It appears that the values for order status can cause problems, but I don't see how that is a problem for me. Here is what I currently have for order status.

When a customer places the order for a download mp3, their status is Pending which is status 1.

I then make them status Donwload Now Available which is Status 11. The link does not appear.

I then try making them status Updated which is status 12. The link still does not appear.

I should mention that their invoice does show the expiration date correctly and does show they have a download remaining-just no link.

Edited by newtech

Please check this post.

Duh, I did not have the file extension in my downloadable product filename when I put it in attributes.

Have another question.

I want it so that when the customer is on the product page for the downloadable product they can click an 'add to cart' link in the middle of the description of product instead of having to scroll down to the bottom of the page to click the add to cart image link. However when I put the URL that shows up on the add to cart button, it does not add the product to their cart.

Duh, I did not have the file extension in my downloadable product filename when I put it in attributes.

Have another question.

I want it so that when the customer is on the product page for the downloadable product they can click an 'add to cart' link in the middle of the description of product instead of having to scroll down to the bottom of the page to click the add to cart image link. However when I put the URL that shows up on the add to cart button, it does not add the product to their cart.

Here is the product page:

http://ahrobinr.appieshost6.com/store/sala...nload-p-48.html

Where it now says 'Buy Now', I want to replace with Add to Cart image with same link as the Add to Cart link that is at bottom of page. I show the link as:

http://ahrobinr.appieshost6.com/store/sala...ion=add_product

But when you type the above url, it does not add product to cart.

It was a real pain in the butt to get this contribution working right, only because of some of my settings. I thought I'd post a couple things that messed up my getting it to work, maybe help some one else.

If your using Ultimate SEO urls's be sure that you have Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) set to false. It was posted in this thread, I happened to run across it.

Also, if your having problems, check your admin/includes/configure.php file, I was missing the ending/tailing "/" on the end of my path, gave me fits for days. I probably spent 3 days searching through all these posts and it was two simple, easy fixes. Maybe I can save some one else some grief...:)

There are two things I haven't figured out yet, that I need to.

While testing, I could not get an expired download (expired in number of download tries) update to work. In admin, I set the status to "Updated" and clicked the update button. The order showed updated. Problem is, the download link does not show when I go to the customers order, still says, 0 downloads remaining. Seems it is it not updated the download status? Not sure how to fix this.

Also, when a customer places an order, is it possible to send an e-mail to the customer with the download links in it? I've seen it done by another download site. Can't figure out how to do it.

Great contribution once I got it working..:)

Edited by ayeronnie

Here is the product page:

http://ahrobinr.appieshost6.com/store/sala...nload-p-48.html

Where it now says 'Buy Now', I want to replace with Add to Cart image with same link as the Add to Cart link that is at bottom of page. I show the link as:

http://ahrobinr.appieshost6.com/store/sala...ion=add_product

But when you type the above url, it does not add product to cart.

Anybody have a solution?

Anybody have a solution?

A quick and easy solution would be to swap out the buy now and add to cart images/buttons. Course that would be a whole site change, if that would even work for you. Then again, they pretty much do the same thing.

Edited by ayeronnie

Ok when Installed this I got the following problem on the orders page in the admin.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in /home/rightst/public_html/admin/orders.php on line 379

What have I done wrong?

Thanks

James

I have osCommerce v 2.2 RC2 and Super Download Store v1.1.

I am getting this error on checkout_success.php

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 6 to be long, string given in /home/****/public_html/shop2/includes/modules/downloads.php on line 49

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's What's Up.mp3' and padg2f.language_id = ' at line 5

select padg2f.download_group_file_description from products_attributes_download_groups_files padgf left join products_attributes_download_groups_to_files padg2f on padgf.download_groups_file_id = padg2f.download_groups_file_id where padgf.download_group_filename = 'That's What's Up.mp3' and padg2f.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

-

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = 'c035265343704afe6651e0126efd83f5'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Edited by gemini777

• 2 weeks later...

I have been searching for a good way to do my digital design downloads. I have freebie designs also. Ive been directed three separate ways. This being one. I assume like the regular downloads controller contrib, this will bypass the paypal process if there are free items? Paypal requires you to have an amount greater than zero, which defeats the purpose of having free downloads if I have to have them stored and dl from a 3rd party site if I cant get it to bypass the paypal payment process. However, if someone wants to purchase a scrapbooking kit AND get a freebie item, will it take care of both? Im dealing with a fussy 2 yr old right now and had to "skim" through the 33 pages of this support thread. I probably will find my answer later tonite when I have more time to actually READ each post. In the meantime, if this will not do what I need, I need someone to tell me so I dont bother with it. As of right now, my Freebies category is down until I can get something to work.

Thanks a million,

Michelle

www.clearcreekscraps.com/catalog

I have been searching for a good way to do my digital design downloads. I have freebie designs also. Ive been directed three separate ways. This being one. I assume like the regular downloads controller contrib, this will bypass the paypal process if there are free items? Paypal requires you to have an amount greater than zero, which defeats the purpose of having free downloads if I have to have them stored and dl from a 3rd party site if I cant get it to bypass the paypal payment process. However, if someone wants to purchase a scrapbooking kit AND get a freebie item, will it take care of both? Im dealing with a fussy 2 yr old right now and had to "skim" through the 33 pages of this support thread. I probably will find my answer later tonite when I have more time to actually READ each post. In the meantime, if this will not do what I need, I need someone to tell me so I dont bother with it. As of right now, my Freebies category is down until I can get something to work.

Thanks a million,

Michelle

www.clearcreekscraps.com/catalog

Michelle, I have 1225 digital downloads in my eBook Store of which 333 are freebies. I have the Super Download Shop installed and Paypal handles all orders properly whether they are mixed with free items or not.

Michael A. Tims aka Mr Matco

matcopublishing.com/catalog/

Michelle, I have 1225 digital downloads in my eBook Store of which 333 are freebies. I have the Super Download Shop installed and Paypal handles all orders properly whether they are mixed with free items or not.

Michael A. Tims aka Mr Matco

matcopublishing.com/catalog/

Thanks so much for answering! I am going to attempt to install this tonight. Was it very difficult to install? I am somewhat of a newbie. I can get around and change things up and have been able to accomplish quite a bit with reading the posts on this forum, but this kinda spooks me.

Again, thanks very much for replying and I will give it a try.

Michelle

PS. I enjoyed visiting your site! May I inquire as to how you got your top banner/logo to center? Some of this stuff is a pain in the rear to understand or get the hang of!

Thanks!

Michelle