• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Anyone using this with Oscommerce 2.2 RC2a? Appears Alex had it tested with RC1, but I'd like to verify before going ahead with an install. Ripped my hair out with a number of the Downloads Controllers versions with no luck yesterday.

Hi,

I have already uploaded my downloads, to a directory above the Shop. I was wondering if there was an easy was for super download shop to change the directory it stored the downloads in, to a folder above the downloads folder?

Your help would be much aprreciated!

Kind regards

Martin

Hi Alex,

I'm trying to install the Super Download Store but am stuck at step 3.2:

- STEP 3.2 - And then add new definitions to files list below: (Do NOT overwrite your existing files with the ones came with this package!!)

How do I do that?

I successfully ran the group_file_for_download script via phpMyAdmin. But running catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php in my browser results in am error message:

1146 - Table 'DB400749.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS where download_group_id = 0 and language_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

What can I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Not too sure about this contribution as I have not installed it. But have you looked in your phpmyadmin to make sure it is there and in the proper location?

Thanks for the hint. No, the table is not there.

So I ran the sql-script, that (as far as I undertand) sets up all necessary tables, a second time. To no avail.

Now what?

Life can be hard for a noob these days. :blush:

Not too sure about this contribution as I have not installed it. But have you looked in your phpmyadmin to make sure it is there and in the proper location?

Sorry, checked again and yes, the table is there.

I was looking for TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS instead of PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS.

Hi Alex,

I'm trying to install the Super Download Store but am stuck at step 3.2: ...

To make matters worse, under Admin - Configuration - Download the topic "Enable Group File Download?" is listed four times now!

oscommerce.jpg

Does this module do automatic emails of the download links after purchase?

I have it installed and only when I change the status under customer->orders does the actual download link get sent out?

Thanks

TJ

Hi Alex,

I had to install a new version of oscommerce on my server and in the process had to reload Super Download Shop. Unfortunately, I forgot that I didn't have to re-run the scripts because I was using my old database - so, long story short, I ran downloads_controller_english.sql again. I am trying to get rid of the extra settings on my download page, but I can't find the database section that they are listed on. I have checked configuration and configuration_group, no luck. Did I install incorrectly, or is there something I'm missing? Thanks.

Alex,

What I read of Super Download sounds like the prefect add on for osCommerce for a business person like me that only will sell digital products.

Now my bag is marketing and every much out of my element here. I did get osCommerce about a month ago and had to find a tutorial so I could get it going. It has taking me this long to get it layout and design it thank God it was pre-installed on my server. Now I have everything done to launch my online business but, I need Super Download to work for me as soon as possible. I stuck on #3.1 of the installation instructions and right now I am freaking out. I really need help.

Ther are things that do not make sense like:

Where do you run /admin/filegroup_db_setup.php is this on my local or on the server and if on the server how do you run it?

How do you modify exciting files if you do not know what to modify? like in step #3.

Thanks,

The_Net_Monk

Alex,

What I read of Super Download sounds like the prefect add on for osCommerce for a business person like me that only will sell digital products.

Now my bag is marketing and every much out of my element here. I did get osCommerce about a month ago and had to find a tutorial so I could get it going. It has taking me this long to get it layout and design it thank God it was pre-installed on my server. Now I have everything done to launch my online business but, I need Super Download to work for me as soon as possible. I stuck on #3.1 of the installation instructions and right now I am freaking out. I really need help.

Ther are things that do not make sense like:

Where do you run /admin/filegroup_db_setup.php is this on my local or on the server and if on the server how do you run it?

How do you modify exciting files if you do not know what to modify? like in step #3.

Thanks,

The_Net_Monk

To run admin/filegroup_db_setup.php simply go to:

the URL to your store/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php

I am having a problem with BLANK page coming up after clicking on download link..

I have searched this forum in detail and mostly what I have found is to make sure the product name is correct.. I checked and all names are correct. I went into database and it does show the correct file name, but still blank page?

Anyone have the same problem or work around?

Using GZIP is set to false, as is redirect so those shouldnt be the problem ...

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can someone please help the very new,

I have faithfully followed every step in the install up to #4 which returns the following:

"1146 - Table 'energysu_osc1.products_attributes_download_groups' doesn't exist

select * from products_attributes_download_groups where download_group_id = 0 and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]"

in PHP MY Admin I have the following

"# Browse orders_status

# Browse orders_status_history

# Browse orders_total

# Browse products

# Browse products_attributes

# Browse products_attributes_download

# Browse products_description

# Browse products_notifications

# Browse products_options

# Browse products_options_values

# Browse products_options_values_to_products_options

# Browse products_to_categories

# Browse reviews"

What am I supposed to do now??

Your advice would really be appreciated!

Les

Hey, Alex, Everyone.

Here I thought I was going to get away with a clean installation with no problems. Almost, anyway.

Seemingly my problem is that my downloaded file ends up being only about 400kb. I'm working with mostly MP3s at this point, averaging files sizes of about 5-8MB, though I'd like to bundle some of these together for ease of downloading all the tracks for a given CD. But I'm stumbling with the 400kb-odd download. Doesn't seem to matter which MP3 file, or whether I'm using IE or FF.

Here's what I've looked at, and what I've tried so far...

safemode is not on

/catalog/download is 777

/catalog/pub is 777

Tried by default not using download by redirect

set_time_limit(0) is in place in /catalog/download.php

Also tried without set_time_limit()

Tried changing header() info as per Valdamir's post#398 in this support thread

Tried download by redirect but 403 Forbidden

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7e-p1

PHP Version: 5.2.2 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Tried stock download.php by simply replacing my SDS download.php with osc2.2RC2a download.php

w/redirect IE tries to grab download.php

w/redirect IE & utopixe's post#462 in this support thread

downloads correct file but still only ~400KB

w/redirect FF downloads correct file but still only ~400KB

w/o redirect IE tries to grab download.php

w/o redirect IE & utopixe's post#462 in this support thread

downloads correct file but still only ~400KB

w/o redirect FF downloads correct file but still only ~400KB

Checked that all my .htaccess files match what come stock with osc2.2RC2a -- true with the exception of the one in /catalog/admin where it's also making use of a .htpasswd file.

For the life of me I can neither find, nor think, of anything else to try. My PHP skills are improving but still mostly led by example. The logic occasionally still befuddles me at times.

Any and all assistance and new suggestions would be appreciated -- or even old suggestions if you think I've misunderstood something along the way!

Thanks, eveyone, for your time.

Eric

Edited by ercanrua

Hi Eric

With your having just installed the Super Download Shop can I ask when you got to step 3.1 how did you modify the files?

1. Did you just overwrite them with the ones supplied, or

2. Did you add the differences from the new files to the old?

Your advice is appreciated.

Les

PS Do you perhaps have some advice on my question above?

Hi Eric

With your having just installed the Super Download Shop can I ask when you got to step 3.1 how did you modify the files?

1. Did you just overwrite them with the ones supplied, or

2. Did you add the differences from the new files to the old?

Your advice is appreciated.

Les

PS Do you perhaps have some advice on my question above?

Hey, Les. I modified the files line by line as necessary, as I've added comments and stuff along the way since I initially created my store a year ago and didn't want to lose these pieces.

Regarding your previous post, all I can think of at the moment is to check whether you ran the two SQL scripts in Step #1.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've got the download shop working but have a question about the location of the files. We have a special server for our mp3's and another server for the shop. I changed the DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD variable but that didn't work (what i suspected...)

So my question is if it is possible to link to files - mp3's in my case - from another server

Eric

Can anyone help me to install this , i do not know how to do part 1

I wasn't sure about this either. My web host has a phpmyadmin in the CP (control panel). So after clicking it, staring at it, and still not knowing what to do, I decided to import the two sql files, and it did something with them and I suppose thats all I was suppose to do.

My problems are this:

I don't have any .htaccess files anywhere. My host also has oscommerce script so it installed automatically. I've also downloaded the oscommerce download file to my computer and there are not any .htaccess files in there either. Where do I find this file to put in my downloads and pub file to 'secure' my digital downloads?

also, I get the following error while trying to set up a file with a digital download:

Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home/enlivend/public_html/oscdownload/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

I think there is suppose to be a slash betwen osc and download? I'm not sure though. I need to know first, if that is an incorrect file path (since i never set up anything to be store anywhere but the defult downloads folder) and second, what file do I modify to fix this?

I'm pretty lost when it comes to all this stuff. I've managed to figure out most things myself through help with forums (THANK YOU). This I can't figure out, and I need pretty basic step by step instructions! :D THANKS!

I wasn't sure about this either. My web host has a phpmyadmin in the CP (control panel). So after clicking it, staring at it, and still not knowing what to do, I decided to import the two sql files, and it did something with them and I suppose thats all I was suppose to do.

My problems are this:

I don't have any .htaccess files anywhere. My host also has oscommerce script so it installed automatically. I've also downloaded the oscommerce download file to my computer and there are not any .htaccess files in there either. Where do I find this file to put in my downloads and pub file to 'secure' my digital downloads?

also, I get the following error while trying to set up a file with a digital download:

Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home/enlivend/public_html/oscdownload/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

I think there is suppose to be a slash betwen osc and download? I'm not sure though. I need to know first, if that is an incorrect file path (since i never set up anything to be store anywhere but the defult downloads folder) and second, what file do I modify to fix this?

I'm pretty lost when it comes to all this stuff. I've managed to figure out most things myself through help with forums (THANK YOU). This I can't figure out, and I need pretty basic step by step instructions! :D THANKS!

It appears that my directory is password protected anyways. Not sure how though..lol.

I also saw what I thought was the problem with the 'oscdownload' not having a slash between osc and download. I added a / to the end of osc in this line

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/enlivend/public_html/osc/'

but I still get the same error message.

This is the other half to the above code (right?)

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

What am I missing here? I was hoping that adding the slash would fix things...do i need to update something else that may be wrong, because this file was wrong? Am I just nowhere near the actual problem causing this issue? I have no idea.

http://enlivendesigns.us/osc/

Hi michelle, i had a look at your site and i had the same error message when i first installed oscommerce, but the solution i found on here was to modify a line in the application top file, it removes the error message after that my download directory was fine and i didnt need to change a thing, try searching for the error message, if i find the post that helped me i will put the url here.

Thanks for helping out josy. I've searched for the error message but didn't find anything helpful over the weekend.

I don't know what file the application top file is... (I hate feeling so helpless!) I learned html by myself when i was a sophmore in highschool and i've fallen way behind! lol

Thanks for letting me know i'm not alone with that error message tho!