• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

I am trying to install SDS, which appears to have some very good potential, but when I ge to step 4, I get this:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESfilenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/leeescor/phuketphotography1.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 44

Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESfilenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/leeescor/phuketphotography1.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 44

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_INCLUDESfilenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/leeescor/phuketphotography1.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 44

Please advise, I think I am missing something simple, but new to php so not sure where to look :)

Hi Alex

Just installed and works great, thanks for a great contrib

here comes the BUT.. when using Sub Folders it will not list the files inside them to add multiple files at once, to save me entering the path and file name each time..

I.e I have within the download folder seperate album folders, and then the mp3s in the

download/test1

download/test2

download and the sub folders I just set to 777 and still does it.

It lists files in download root which are not inside a sub folder. but when I click the link next to the sub folder it just still says no files

but if I manually enter the patch to them i.e /test/123.mp3 it accepts and it the download works

just really want to get the multi add working.

Any ideas why it will not list the files within the sub directories when I click on them?

thanks in advance

Hi Alex

Installed SDS in local system.... working Ok. Thank You Very Much.

I have some doubts to clear

case 1...

After the order is placed...

In My Account/Order Information[account_history_info.php?order_id=4]

1] affmasters

- classic: 16 mb

the above has 3 components ...

a] affmasters, the download's name[file name:affmasters.zip]

b] classic, the option

c] 16 mb, the option value

Now when the customer places the order

orders_status...

1]pending ... ok NO download link

2] download now available ... ok download link available ... 5 downloads remaining

makes a download... screen refresh ... 4 downloads remaining

log-out

3] status 'update' in admin...

re-login... MyAccount ... 5 downloads remaining [does system work like this or is this an error?]

==========

case 2

makes a copy of the same file in the same folder 'download/aff' and named it Affmarket_2

in admin--catalog, added a new category... added Affmarket_2 as product

now... Products Attributes--- Product Options same as above, value a different one from above,

file group same as above, a different price.....

download link available when status is download now available.... great! but when download is initiated... the dialogue box displayed old file name... i.e. affmasters.zip ... not Affmarket_2.zip for which the 2nd order wad placed!

please comment on this issue... I think I have followed the steps carefully...

thanks

Case 1. yes, 'updated' is for reseting the download counts and expiry, very useful if the customer's asking to re-activate the download.

Case 2. you set the same file group to the second attribute, so the download files are identical. Create a new file group with the different filenames and assign it to the second attribute, you'll get different download files. You can setup identical files in different groups.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Alex,

I've being following your instructions for downloads here, but have run into a problem (as I've posted in that thread).

I wanted to ask whether the problem would probably be dealt with by using this Super Download Store contribution - in which case I'll get rid of the Download Controller.

Since you've encountered problems with Downloads Controller, you'll need to remove it prior to install Super Download Shop. I answered your question in the other thread, your problem is caused by some obsolete code in Downloads Controller for osCommerce 2.2 MS1.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Alex. I've got a scenario that is happening with downloadable products. The problem is being able to bypass the shipping costs when it is a downloadable product. Here is my procedure I'm doing and the results I'm getting.

Scenario 1 - A returning customer comes to the store and logs in. After adding the downloadable product to the shopping cart it does not skip the shipping page, but adds the cost of shipping to the product. This happens whether they log in first or after they have added a product.

Scenario 2 - A new customer comes to the store and adds the downloadable product to their cart. Upon checkout they create their new account and come to the congratulations page, from there they click continue and it takes them straight to the payment page and bypasses the shipping page...like it is suppose to do.

My observation has noticed that in the shopping cart box just above the $0.00 there appears a thin solid black line. This line appears only with scenario #1 and only logging into an existing account. The black line does not appear in the shopping cart box if you create a new account. Could it be that it has something to do with the https:// secure method causing this from when it transfers back from https to http? I use a shared ssl, don't know if that has an effect or not. But I have noticed if the black line is in the shopping cart with NOTHING in it with $0.00, then I experience this shipping charge problem with the downloadable products. If the black line is not there then everything works fine and it goes right to the payment page.

I've temporarily disabled the products until I can get this solved. I have added the PWA (Purchase Without Account) but i have taken the code off the login page because of some problems I experienced with it. But I still have the PWA encoding in the rest of the .php files. Maybe that has something to do with it?

ANY information and help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Gary

www.lilybandmusic.com

Hi, Alex.

I went ahead and uninstalled the previous installation of osCommerce with Download Controller, so that I can start completely fresh. I would very much appreciate your advice before I start adding any contributions to this new installation.

1. This shop will be offering downloads only. (All non-download items are currently purchased a different way, because of the difficulty of reconciling the bricks-and-mortar Point-of-Sale and in-stock information with an online catalogue. I'll be working on that... but it will definitely be a separate issue, and if I use osCommerce for that, I think it would be best to have a separate database and in fact a separate installation of osCommerce for it.)

2. It seems to be, as you've indicated, that the only secure way to be sure customers have made their payment and are entitled to download a purchased audiobook is by using Paypal IPN.

3. With these points in mind, would the best method be to use your Paypal Express Checkout IPN contribution? And will I also then need to use your Super Download Store?

Thanks in advance - and I want to say also how very, very much I appreciate all the help you've been giving.

This contribution has nothing to do with shippings. If you have a shipping charge problem, SDS is not the one to be blamed.

SDS is supposed to work with all payment modules. If you want SDS to work automatically, you need a payment module capable of updating orders status on payments completed. PayPal IPN module is a starting solution for samll business and newbie store owners, and that's it. osCommerce developer team just released a series of PayPal modules including PayPal Website Payments Standard, PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Website Payments Pro Direct Payments. If you are considering using PayPal as your payment solution, please try osCommerce 'official' series.

Alex, sorry - I want to clarify this with you so that I make the best decisions for the download shop.

Is YOUR PayPal Express Checkout IPN the best one to choose? What I particularly like with your contributions is the trouble you take to make clear installation guides and admin settings, which isn't always the case for other contributions.

The purchase method for the downloads will be through PayPal, and I've set up a business Paypal account for the bookshop.

The website on which the downloadshop will be has cURL and OpenSSL, as well as SSL installed.

The business owner of the shop can accept credit cards, of course, but for downloads, it seems that going through Paypal IPN is the safest way, so that's what I'm trying to set up.

It's a bit overwhelming having to choose between all the similarly-named payment modules, especially as it's sometimes not clear whether they are compatible with the newest osCommerce release.

I'll leave the decision to you for choosing between different PayPal modules. I have tested both of my contributions (SDS and PayPal EC IPN) with osCommerce 2.2RC1 on apache 1.3/2.2 php 4/5 mysql 4/5, they all worked. If you want my advise for choosing between PayPal IPN and PayPal EC IPN, I would say the PayPal express checkout API is a safer choice than PayPal website payment standard. For further question regarding PayPal modules, please post in the relevant threads.

I have a small problem and would appreciate some advice.

I have almost finished my store and I am using SDS, PayPal IPN, and PayPal Sandbox.

The download orders go through fine, and the payments show on both the seller's and buyer's part of the Sandbox account.

The problem seems to be with the Status. This has been configured precisely as per the instructions that came with SDS. What is happening is that in order to give the customer the download facility, I have to go to Admin and set the Status onscreen to Download Now Available. This despite the fact that payment has been 'taken' by PayPal.

I know that this should be done automatically once payment is confirmed but how?

Many thanks for any help that you can give.

Martin

Thank you for your advice, Alex - I'm just waiting for the business account related to this download shop to be verified, and then I will obtain the API certificate information so that I can proceed. Your installation guide is in a class of its own - lucid and beautifully organised.

Hi!

In Catalog/Products Attributes I had trouble displaying "next page" or choosing any numbered page in regard of "Option Values", "Product Attributes" etc. It would only display page one (1) even if there where additional pages. So I searched the forum, and got help on this known bug (Thanks!), by finding in Admin/products_attributes.php;

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

and adding after that;

// bugfix - [url="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp?t268444.html"]http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp?t268444.html[/url] - START
 $option_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['option_page'] : '1');
 $value_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['value_page'] : '1');
 $attribute_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page'] : '1');
 $file_group_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['file_group_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['file_group_page'] : '1');
 $group_file_page = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['group_file_page']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['group_file_page'] : '1');
 // bugfix - [url="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp?t268444.html"]http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp?t268444.html[/url] - END 

takes care of my problem also for Super Download Shop. I added the the two last lines of code regarding $file_group_page... and $group_file_page...

Easy fix perhaps but it might help another beginner like me who is searching and searching....

Thanks for a nice contribution!

T

HI

just a little question : how to actualise the download remaining in real time :

i mean, a customer have the permission to download 1 thing 1 time, and when he click on the download button, the download remaining does not actualise, so if he try to click a second time the download button, he is redirect to a blank page.

after, if he go backward, the download remaining is actualised : 0 download remaining, but it's not in real time..

did i make myself clear

thanx for any help

This can be achieved by adding some javascript to deduct download count on screen when the download link clicked, or to reload the page to update current download count onclick. Edited by AlexStudio

This can be achieved by adding some javascript to deduct download count on screen when the download link clicked, or to reload the page to update current download count onclick.

thanx for ur quick response

i think the java script:refresh() is to put into includes/downloads.php

but i don't figure out to do that

sorry

any help?

Does Super Download Shop allow the merchant to sell upgrades to products, based on the fact that the customer purchased an earlier version of the product?

I have customers that buy the same product from me once a year, and they get a discount price when they buy the upgrade each year, a lower price than a brand-new customer pays. New customers are able to download their product immediately using the regular Download feature of OSC. But for repeat customers buying the upgrade, they have to pay for their upgrade, then I have to manually check their name and e-mail address against a list of the people who bought it last year. Then I have to manually send them an e-mail message with the downloading instructions. The customer has to wait for the manual reply from me.

Would Super Download Shop automate that process, and automatically check to see if they bought the product last year, and allow them to purchase and download the upgrade immediately? I have a list of customers, but the vast majority of them bought last year using another shopping cart program, and they have not registered an account on my osc store yet. Will I be able to import that list of customers into SDS?

Thank you for your help.

Sorry no. The feature you're looking for has to modify the add_cart() function in shoppingCart class object to decide if the customer is allowed to add certain items to cart, and it's way beyond the scope of SDS.

Thank you for your reply. I wonder if someone would be interested in writing a contribution for upgrade prices. Basically it would look at the customer's order history, to decide if they would be allowed to buy a product at a particular price. If they bought either product "2007-fullprice" or "2007-upgrade" then yes, they can buy "2008-upgrade." Otherwise they can only buy "2008-fullprice." This would be a nice feature to have, for products that are updated on a regular basis, and to offer a full price and an upgrade price. But the customer can only put the upgrade in their cart if their order history shows that they bought the previous version at the full price or the upgrade price.

Edited by bw92116

Glad to see this contribute still in support , greatest contribute :-)

Alex, do you have plan to write a client but not php page for easy write to database?

I mean, if one site have 100000 items need to setup instant download, it looks very very slow from catalog/admin portal, especially after product and attribut increased day by day, it will be harder and harder to add one item.

I think using client such wrote in C# will be a solution, or a shell or perl scirpt under linux to detect the files and made database update?

in one word, can we made things simple and easier?

Edited by sunraise2005