• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Most likely you missed something in database_tables.php, under catalog/includes or catalog/admin/includes folder or both.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Most likely you missed something in database_tables.php, under catalog/includes or catalog/admin/includes folder or both.

Ok I double checked the database_tables file already and it is seems ok . . I'll go double check the others.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you Alex for your hard work at making a great contribution! Much appreciated. Here is what is going on:

I've installed this contrib and have no errors showing up. However, when I go to add the .MP3 file by typing in the filename in the product attributes and then click 'insert' it doesn't show the MP3 file associated with the product download.... am I suppose to see it there with the product attributes in the admin panel? I went into my store to see if it the file was attached to the product for download but when I went to add it to the cart it and then to check out and it showed the shipping charges. What could be happening? I don't know if this was happening before I installed this or not. As I never used the download option before. I've made all the changes in Paypal IPN, etc.,. and done everything to the steps. Checked that three times.... maybe it's just me not understanding the procedure of adding it to the product attributes.

I know I have the MP3 files in the catalog/download folder and have the forward slash there in the config file. Any clues? Thanks in advance... and I hope I've explained this good enough. :rolleyes:

Problem 1 has been solved... :lol: I solved it by going to this thread . One small problem is now left to be resolved.... after placing the order and going through paypal to do it... it returned with order status 'pending' and not 'download now ready' .... i've made all the neccessary changes in the PayPal IPN via what was typed in this support forum.... wooo hoooo thank you Alex... now I can stop using Payloadz for download....

I'll go back through this forum and see if I can't find the answer to the last problem dealing with download status.... I thought I saw it in here somewhere...

Thank you once again Alex for your hard work.... :rolleyes:

Gary

If you got a download link while the orders status was 'preparing' or 'pending', you got a serious security problem. DO NOT apply that "fix"!!

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

If you got a download link while the orders status was 'preparing' or 'pending', you got a serious security problem. DO NOT apply that "fix"!!

Hi Alex. I didn't get a download link until I authorized it through Admin. Because it returned back from 'paypal' as pending. My internet connection went down while returning to my store from PayPal and it wasn't able to load up the return page. Could that of had something to do with the setting the status to 'pending' instead of 'download now ready'?

Thanks,

Gary

The osCommerce PayPal IPN module relies on the IPN feedback from PayPal servers to update the orders status. You must first make sure you get the IPN received on payments completed. Please refer to its support thread for troubleshooting the IPN reponses.

Hello AlexStudio

I have install Super Download 1.1 as instruction file provided. When i go to Product Attribute in admin area got this error:

HEADING_TITLE_OPT

TEXT_OPTION_IDTEXT_OPTION_NAME

Warning: Division by zero in /home2/site/public_html/admin/products_attributes.php on line 451

Warning: Division by zero in /home2/site/public_html/admin/products_attributes.php on line 452

>>

TABLE_HEADING_ID TABLE_HEADING_OPT_NAME TABLE_HEADING_ACTION

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS' at line 1

select * from products_options where language_id = '1' order by products_options_id LIMIT 0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS

[TEP STOP]

Whats wrong ?

Edited by beli

Super Download Shop v1.0

for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 Update 060817 or later

Super Download Shop contribution is an enhancement of the osCommerce download module and download file management, including following features:

• Secure download for pending orders based on DownLoads Controller v5.3 by Linda McGrath which was the best solution to secure downloads. Without similar control, customers could get their downloads before they actually pay.
  • Group files download per product which enable download shops to offer multiple files in a single product. With this ability, shop owners can:
    • Break a large download file into a group of files, to prevent problems like insufficient resource, time out errors...etc.
    • Bundle multiple downloads in one package to increase sells.

[*]Store download files in sub folders under the download directory to improve the file management.

[*]Built-in superior file management interface in admin panel.

Hi Alex

First of all can I say what a great contribution we have here, by far the smoothest installation I've come across on Oscommerce.

I had Downloads controller installed before but felt the need to install SDS because of a few reasons. Firstly the whole subfolders scenario for which it's been a great help. Secondly because, upon completion of the orders the customer was rather strangely presented two download buttons for each download. One of the buttons although correctly labelled would download a completely unrelated track, which obviously was somewhat of a problem. Unfortunately the fresh install did not cure this problem.

On the Configuration/Downloads page in admin a number of things are repeated and I'm pretty sure this could give some indication as to the cause of this problem. I've spent many hours trawling through php looking for duplicate files/definitions but can't seem to find any indication.

I've included a screen shot below.

Please let me know if you can help me or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Terry Mitchell

admin.gif

You have duplicated configuration keys in your database, probably you ran the sql scripts more than once. Please delete those duplicated keys via phpMyAdmin. A full backup of your database is strongly recommended, before you start to fix the problem.

Hi Alex

Sorry to trouble you again.

I deleted all of the double entries as suggested by you and my admin/config page looks fine now. Unfortunately I'm still having the same problem with the downloads. The customers are offered each download twice but one of the files although named correctly will have a different, completely random file available for download.

Have you heard of anything like this happening before?? Its driving me crazy, I've spent weeks trawling through Php, databases and file folders looking for any indication of double entries and can find nothing.

Apart from this everything else is working fine.

Sorry to bother you with this, but you seem very knowledgable in this area.

Regards and thanks for your time.

Terry

The php file responsible to downloads listing is catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php. It will list all available downloads in a specific order, queried from database by the given order id with the corresponding customer id. The first thing to do is to check the database table orders_products_download and see what filenames are logged in there. If the random filename is there, there could be something wrong in catalog/checkout_process.php (which logged the filename into database), or the column products_attributes_filename in table products_attributes_download (where the filename are queried from).

Without SDS installed (or the file group feature disabled), there should be only one download file for each product in the order.

The php file responsible to downloads listing is catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php. It will list all available downloads in a specific order, queried from database by the given order id with the corresponding customer id. The first thing to do is to check the database table orders_products_download and see what filenames are logged in there. If the random filename is there, there could be something wrong in catalog/checkout_process.php (which logged the filename into database), or the column products_attributes_filename in table products_attributes_download (where the filename are queried from).

Without SDS installed (or the file group feature disabled), there should be only one download file for each product in the order.

Hi Alex, me again.

Ok, I checked and the random filenames are not appearing in the orders_products_download table. All the names are correct and the quantities. Its only at the download stage that each filename is represented twice, correctly named but one of the files although correctly named the actual download would be of something completely unrelated.

So essentially the purchaser is receiving their requested track plus a free track from a different artist/genre.

I'm really sorry to trouble you about this again but do you have any more ideas on this.

Thanks again

Terry

Unfortunately this would frequently result in bad downloads for me. For example, only 2 to 3 MB of a 10 MB PDF would arrive at download completion, which means a corrupt file of course.

After browsing the internet for other "header" examples, I stumbled upon this:

// Now send the file with header() magic
 header("Pragma: public");
 header("Expires: 0");
 header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
 header("Cache-Control: public", false);
 header("Content-Description: File Transfer");
 header("Content-Type: application/pdf");
 header("Accept-Ranges: bytes");
 header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"" . $file_name . "\";");
 header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
 header("Content-Length: " . filesize(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename']));

So far it's been working well, and in addition, there's actually some "total size" info now on the browser's download progress-bar. Please consider whether this code-snippet would benefit your mod, I hope it proves useful. :)

I am having the same problem, except my file is 28MB but only arriving at 17MB to maybe 23MB - differs each time. I've increased the settings in my PHP.ini file and have incorporate the above header code change to my download.php, but still get a corrupted download.

I've looked at the entire thread, found reference to readfile_chunk, however, this code is not in the SDS v1.1 download.php file. Was it taken out as not needed? Or is the code different based on file sizes being downloaded?

Any help in getting a 28MB file downloaded in its entirety is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Then your problem must be in catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php, when querying the download files from database, it pull out something unexpected.
Check your server setup to see if safe mode is on. If the set_time_limit() function is not allowed, download will fail.

Hello Alex,

Glad to see that you are still assisting users of your contribution...

I have two simple questions:

1. Does SDS work with the stock PayPal payment module (not the IPN version)?
    I have a storeowner who likes the stock PayPal module but needs a work-around for the hack of using "checkout_process.php" in the url to bypass payment for downloads. This user wants an automatic solution that does not require any manual edits to order status to allow for downloads.
  2. I know this has been asked before but I'm hoping someone has a nice solution to this: Is there a secure way of using SDS to handle "free" downloads? The same storeowner above already has the "Free of Charge" payment module installed and is very happy with it but is also trying to get a work-around for the above bypass payment hack.

Thanks,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello Bill, the stock PayPal module doesn't work automatically with SDS because it's not capable of updating orders status on payments completed.

IMHO there is no decent nor secure solution currently available for offering free and charged downloads at the same time. I planned to work on this part but don't have time. When offering free downloads, it shouldn't go through the order process. It can be done by adding a couple of new database tables to handle free downloads, and a info box 'My Downloads' in the left/right column, a new 'My Downloads' page under catalog/ folder as well. Separate free downloads and paid orders, then it can be secure and decent for download shops.

Edited by AlexStudio

• 2 weeks later...

I've searched and searched on this thread and can't find the solution. I cannot get a download link no matter how hard I try. It says the item for download, but it isn't a link!

I've checked all the modified files:

# catalog/checkout_process.php

# catalog/download.php

# catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php

# catalog/admin/orders.php

# catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

Uploaded all the new files...

and everything works...but no link!!!

I'm not using paypal, but gochargeit.

Any help appreciated.

I've searched and searched on this thread and can't find the solution. I cannot get a download link no matter how hard I try. It says the item for download, but it isn't a link!

I've checked all the modified files:

# catalog/checkout_process.php

# catalog/download.php

# catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php

# catalog/admin/orders.php

# catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

Uploaded all the new files...

and everything works...but no link!!!

I'm not using paypal, but gochargeit.

Any help appreciated.

Okay, for some reason, now it's working. Would that be because the payment was batched from the bank? It does it automatically? I can't manually change it to download now ready?

Inquiring minds want to know... ;)

I don't know how your payment modules work. If they're capable of updating orders status on payments completed, SDS will work automatically. This has been addressed in the install guide. If the payment modules don't update orders status, you still can manually change the orders status via admin pannel.