• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

I planned to work on the free download feature in this contribution, to allow store owners to offer free downloads for registered customers and bypass checkout flow. Also a 'My Downloads' info box add-on planned for users to find their downloads quickly after login. These are not yet in development, because I currently don't have time for coding.

As long as it is glimmer of hope on the radar screen, I am happy with that. Someone on one of the mods threads posted an IF statement to the payment process file that might do the trick. I don't need anything fancy but I sure appreciate the "no time for coding" statement. I do web design and I don't even have one of my own!!

Thanks for all your time spent on this.

Not sure what I have messed up but here is my problem. I've tested quite a few scenarios and they seem to come out ok except this one. Let me summarize:

Order #1

Cash balance payment via Paypal and then refunded to customer - tested to verify links worked for her before the refund and that they didn't work for her after the refund. Worked like a charm.

Here is the summary in her order:

05/31/2007 14:44:00 Processing (no email)

05/31/2007 14:48:17 Download Available PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $2.96)] (no email)

05/31/2007 14:48:26 Processing (email)

05/31/2007 14:57:18 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Reversed (; $-3.35); refund] (no email)

Order #2

Payed for product via cash paypal with no refund - is able to download aok.

05/31/2007 14:30:21 Processing (no email)

05/31/2007 14:30:54 Download Available PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $0.01)] (no email)

05/31/2007 14:31:04 Processing (email)

So it seems there are two issues:

1) after receiving status from Paypal of download available - it then switches it to processing - and

2) It sends the email out on processing instead of download avialable

My setting in the module are this:

Set Preparing Order Status

Processing

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Download Available

My order status' in the database are:

1 Pending

2 Processing

13 Delivered

4 Preparing [PayPal IPN]

11 Download Available

12 Updated

Oh also when I update the orders manually in order section and change it to delivered - the status changes to Delivered instead of Updated.

and one last question. I updated the paypal_ipn.php to reflect the changes in checkout_process.php but do I need to change anything in the ext/ipn.php folder as well?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Order #2

Payed for product via cash paypal with no refund - is able to download aok.

05/31/2007 14:30:21 Processing (no email)

05/31/2007 14:30:54 Download Available PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $0.01)] (no email)

05/31/2007 14:31:04 Processing (email)

So it seems there are two issues:

1) after receiving status from Paypal of download available - it then switches it to processing - and

2) It sends the email out on processing instead of download avialable

I saw this problem in the PayPal IPN support thread before, but I'm not able to track it down without accessing server error log. Probably you're hosting with the same provider as the guy who posted that problem. Both orders you showed here have the same symptom. The first 2 lines of the order record looked good, a premature order got created before visiting PayPal site, then the IPN call received and updated order status without a glitch. It seems to me that when you came back from PayPal pages, the order status got 'updated' again back to the 'preparing orders status' mysteriously.

Oh also when I update the orders manually in order section and change it to delivered - the status changes to Delivered instead of Updated.
That's normal. The orders status only changes to 'updated' when you set it to 'updated'.

and one last question. I updated the paypal_ipn.php to reflect the changes in checkout_process.php but do I need to change anything in the ext/ipn.php folder as well?
No. BTW, which version of the PayPal IPN module you're using?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

No. BTW, which version of the PayPal IPN module you're using?

I'm using 1.4 version.

Do I need to install the Global fix? I haven't done that one as I'm not really sure what it does. and also

would you be willing to take a quick peak at my settings etc. or my Paypal file? Just to make sure I'm not staring at anything extremely obvious? I'm willing to research and try to figure out on my own, but a nudge in the right direction would be really great.

In the meantime, I will contact the host for this site and see what they say.

Thanks!!!

Your questions are no longer relative to this contribution. Please refer to the osCommerce PayPal IPN support thread.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

HI!

Im trying to setup Super Download Shop, when i add files in groups, it does not show them up once paypal is through and nor in my account, basiclaly download link is missing.

Possible any1 can help me out of the reasons why this happens. i complted al lthe tutorials up2 it and wnet throught it many times but still no luck.

Many Thanks in advance.

Ok, so I have reached my wits end. I have read nearly every single post here. I have gotten to the point where I have been able to get a product to appear after payment verification, but without a link. My files are*.m4a files, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I don;t really see why a file type should matter. Ok, since re-installing my database and several hiccups, now I receive this error before I even get to the Paypal page.

1146 - Table 'aphonia.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES' doesn't exist

select download_group_filename from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES where download_group_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

The thing is, that table is in my database. I do have a group set up with the ID = 1.

I am obviously using the paypal ipn. I thought before that the reason I may not be seeing a link when redirected back to my website after the whole paypal payment thing, was because I didn't update the paypal_ipn.php file properly. Once I did that I started receiving this sql error above.

If there is any info I am leaving out that would help this question getting solved please let me know.

1146 - Table 'aphonia.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES' doesn't exist
There is something wrong in your catalog/includes/database_tables.php. Please check this line:
  define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES', 'products_attributes_download_groups_files');

or in the paypal_ipn.php where you modified, find this TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES' and check this line:

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES . "

Edited by AlexStudio

Thanks for the reply - OK - so I got it to go through to Paypal. Now the link wont appear again. It keeps telling me:

"NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed"

Even though the payment status is delivered, perhaps I need to go back and change my status ID's again. But it is still the same problem - no link. This has got a bit of a broken record thing for you with a lot of us being inexperienced coders...

Thanks to everyone for your help - I think finally we will go live!!! Everything works as far as I can tell.

There is something wrong in your catalog/includes/database_tables.php. Please check this line:
  define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES', 'products_attributes_download_groups_files');

or in the paypal_ipn.php where you modified, find this TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES' and check this line:

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES . "

Ha ha! Not quite ready I guess. When download by redirect is enabled I get this strange dialogue wanting a user name and password. When it is disabled I get the dialogue box to pop up and one can download without a hitch. I did want to try this again at my home computer (I am at work now :) ) to see if it just some network setting here at work - however, I don't think I should be having problems downloading. Could it be permissions on my /pub or /temp folders?

Could it be permissions on my /pub or /temp folders?
Yup, I think so.

Alex - Did you every get a chance to look at this? I had the same problem. My download group links after checkout stopped working after adding the affiliate contribution.

Thanks,

Bryan

Sorry, it looks like this might be related to my Google Checkout IPN payment module.

On my system SDS continues to work for individual files and single file groups. download links are not displayed on checkout_success.php when multi-file groups are used.

When I switched to the standard Credit Card payment module, then the group download started working again.

Hello,

This is my first post... first of all, Bravo for this great contribution !

My question is : is it possible to place the files to be downloaded on a different server ? the reason is because I want to propose some music files and I don't have a lot of space on the server where oscommerce is installed.

I tried but it didn't work...

Pay a little more for the space. It's much more expensive to store files outside the server.

Hi Alex

How can we put musics into folders. for example when we add musics to the download folder, if we make folders within it and when addingd music attributes, if i try in do this for example /music/albumA/music1.mp3

It does not read the music directory and displays an error saying file doesnt exist.

Hope to hear from you

PS: You are an amazing and great person to help us all out, I really appritiate all the efford you put into all this work of open source.

many many thanks :thumbsup:

How can we put musics into folders. for example when we add musics to the download folder, if we make folders within it and when addingd music attributes, if i try in do this for example /music/albumA/music1.mp3
Try music/albumA/music1.mp3 (without the leading slash / ).

I get this error when trying to define a file for product download in admin:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\***\admin\includes\group_download.php on line 453

How can I fix this?

Hi,

This is the first time I've worked with downloads -- in order to use this contribution, do I have to install the Download Controller and use it in conjunction with this contribution or is this a stand alone contribution?

TIA!

This contribution is based on Downloads Controller v5.3, and you don't need to install DC prior to this one unless you want to try out the free shipping and free payment modules came with DC 5.3 (which are removed and not tested with this contribution).