• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4868

Please report bugs/problems/issues in this thread.

Please do NOT pm/email me unless you have something not to be shown in the public.

Hi, I like the Super Download Shop - thank you! I'm using it with the database prefix contribution, so I needed to change the SQL-scripts and PHP definision a little bit. Maybe you could include that for the next release, as it is a common setup?

Cheers,

Haakon

I'm using it with the database prefix contribution, so I needed to change the SQL-scripts and PHP definision a little bit. Maybe you could include that for the next release, as it is a common setup?

I don't think that everybody is using the database prefix contribution.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

If DB_PREFIX is set to DB_PREFIX='', would it make any difference when concatenating the string?

The database tables are defined in catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php and catalog/includes/databse_tables.php

I don't know how exactly the db prefix works, you need to check that by your self.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

If you only have German pages in your store, just modify the download button new_files/catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_downloads.gif file to German, and store the German download button in catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_downloads.gif

If you have mutiple languages, currently the 'downloads on hold message' defined in admin panel is not multi-language supported. You need to add a new constant like TEXT_DOWNLOADS_ON_HOLD_MSG in each of your language file, i.e. catalog/includes/languages/german.php. Then modify your catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php, replace the configuration key DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_ON_HOLD_MSG with the new constant TEXT_DOWNLOADS_ON_HOLD_MSG.

Edited by AlexStudio

The database tables are defined in catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php and catalog/includes/databse_tables.php

I don't know how exactly the db prefix works, you need to check that by your self.

Let's say you have one CMS and osCommerce, but your provider gives you only one database, it is a lot safer if both solutions introduce a distinct prefix in front of table names, thus avoiding one solution overwriting, updating or altering the table of the other solution if they share table names. The online installation documentation, http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/225, says to use a prefix to avoid conflicts, however this is not available in the regular download, so you need this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...5/search,prefix to actually get it working. At least I did. Anyway, to get your contribution to work with this, I inserted the DB_PREFIX variable into your PHP-files, and hardcoded my chosen prefix into your SQL-files. This is very easy. IMHO, both the table prefix contribution and your contribution should go into the regular download as soon as possible, making osCommerce easier to install and downloadable goods easier to deploy.

One last thing bothers me - how to automate the availability of the downloads once payment has been confirmed. I run a one man operation, and if I get sick or my Internet connection is broken, customers who have paid will not get their goods. Do you have any suggestions or ready made solutions I could try?

Best regards,

Haakon

As posted in my earlier reply, the database tables are defined in catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php and catalog/includes/databse_tables.php, you just need to modify the deifinitions in these 2 files.

One last thing bothers me - how to automate the availability of the downloads once payment has been confirmed. I run a one man operation, and if I get sick or my Internet connection is broken, customers who have paid will not get their goods. Do you have any suggestions or ready made solutions I could try?

As stated in the install guide, you need paymant modules which capable of updating orders status on payments completed automatically, otherwise you need to update the orders stauts manually to allow downloads.

Hello, again!

SDS was working perfectly until I tried to install CCGV over it. <_< Now, I find myself up against the same problem I had before installing SDS: the clients are able to download products without paying! I think maybe CCGV may have played in the order status thing, but since I am a little bit lost with them, I can't figure out what I did wrong and I don't know where to look :'(

I checked my DB for the order status id and everything seems to be as it was before, when I installed SDS and everything was working fine.

I am using the Paypal IPN module. What should my:

Set Preparing Order Status

and

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

be set on, if I am only selling downloadable goods (and gift vouchers)?

Your help would be greatly apreciated!

Which CCGV contrib are you using?

For PayPal IPN module to work with SDS, you need to block Preparing Order Status, set it lower than 10, and grant download access for PayPal Acknowledged Order Status, set it with Completed or Download Now Available, which have orders status id value over 10.

I am using CCGV (trad) 1.2.

I set Preparing order status on: Preparing [PayPal IPN], which has orders status id value set on 4 in my DB

and PayPal Acknowledged Order Status on Download Now Available, which has orders status id value set on 12.

My Download controller order status value is set on 10.

Now my download links aren't available and I am getting the "on hold" message again... <_<

Am I missing something??

Thanks for your help :blush:

I am using CCGV (trad) 1.2.

Your settings look good to me. I need to take a look in the CCGV(trad) code and see what I can do.

Thank you for your reply!

In order to make CCGV work with the Paypal IPN module I had to modify includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:

Code for combining PayPal IPN with CCGV(trad)

To combine the two contribs, open /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php.

Find this code:
tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);
$order_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

and below add this:
$order_total_modules->update_credit_account($i);// CCGV

find this code:
//------insert customer choosen option eof ----
	$total_weight += ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['weight']);
	$total_tax += tep_calculate_tax($total_products_price, $products_tax) * $order->products[$i]['qty'];
	$total_cost += $total_products_price;

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') = ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";
  }

and below add this:
$order_total_modules->apply_credit();// CCGV

find this code:
tep_session_unregister('cart_PayPal_IPN_ID');

and below add this:
CODE
if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');// CCGV
$order_total_modules->clear_posts();// CCGV

Could this have something to do with my problem?

Could this have something to do with my problem?

No, I don't think so. Since you got the 'On Hold Message', most likely there was something wrong the order status. Please check your orders table and see what orders_status you got for those downloads.

This is my orders table:

table2.jpg

and here is my order status one:

table1.jpg

(sorry for the french: "téléchargement disponible" means "download available")

Should I change something?

Thank you for your help!

Those 4 orders you have here, only the one with orders status 12 is good for download. Your problem is not the orders status setting. It's your payment modules not updating orders to the completed status. Since you're using PayPal IPN module, you need to check if you received the IPN from PayPal first.

I think you should post your question in Official PayPal IPN module support thread, or the CCGV (trad) support thread.

I've installed this contribution. It seems great. Nice work. I do have a problem. I have some customers getting a blank download page. I've added the line about the GZIP, but the problem still exists. The only contribs that I've installed were

1. Better Paypal Description

2. I began installing Download Controller but stopped

3. Super Download Shop

Please, any help. Or at minimum point me to the file that is causing it still.

Most likely the filename is spelt incorrectly. Please check the filename, make sure the file exists in the right place, and the filenames are case sensitive.

Thanks Alex for your response. I don't know if that is the problem I have since downloads have worked for myself and several others. It's just one or two customers. Oh, almost forgot. I've also installed the bundle products contrib prior to all other contribs. Is it more likely that one of the modules or configuration files has gotten messed up? Also, would internet explorer Security/Privacy settings have any impact on the download-ability? Just trying to get to the bottom of it. Appreciate any suggestions.

seef

Thanks Alex for your response. I don't know if that is the problem I have since downloads have worked for myself and several others. It's just one or two customers.
Please check in your database orders_products_downloads table for the filenames, which your one or two customers ordered. If the files do not exist, you always get a blank page.

Oh, almost forgot. I've also installed the bundle products contrib prior to all other contribs. Is it more likely that one of the modules or configuration files has gotten messed up?
Please describe your problem more specifically. Which bundle products contribtion you're using? Did you enabled download by redirect?

Also, would internet explorer Security/Privacy settings have any impact on the download-ability?
Downloads could be blocked by browser setting. The only other known issue with the Internet Explorer is the GZIP compression. Since you have the work around modification applied, it shouldn't be the problem. Did you try to download those files which your customers got blank pages? Edited by AlexStudio

I have checked the db and all looks good. The reason I believed that it couldn't be a mispelled filename is that as of right now my store only sells one product. It has one product consisting of 13 file downloads (at first I thought I should use bundled products, but later found super download shop to be far superior). So all of my customers are purchasing the same item. Only 1 right now has a blank download screen.

As for the contribs I installed:

Bundled products v1.4 - EDITED FILES 14933 (by eoin)

Missing files for eoin's EDITED FILES 15838 (by shashi.lo)

If it is a browser thing, which the customer told me he had it set on the highest security setting, that would be great because I can stop pulling my hair out. Thank you Alex for your time.

Since you have only one item and only one of your customers got the blank page, it must be the browser setting problem. Stop pulling your hair out, please. ;)