• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

what seo are you using?

if you mean seo url contributions mine is : Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.2.2

although thats what the zip packages says when looking in the contribution page i cant see a 2.2.2 version yet.. so i am not sure whats up with that

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

if you mean seo url contributions mine is : Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.2.2

although thats what the zip packages says when looking in the contribution page i cant see a 2.2.2 version yet.. so i am not sure whats up with that

Your download link has been modified by SEO, so the file couldn't be found.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Your download link has been modified by SEO, so the file couldn't be found.

that actually makes sense....is there a way to fix this ?

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

that actually makes sense....is there a way to fix this ?

Try to force the link not to be modified by SEO, in catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php and catalog/download.php

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Try to force the link not to be modified by SEO, in catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php and catalog/download.php

i have no clue bout php, can you tell me what i am looking for?

i would have thought seo urls would be one ofthe more popular contribs out there - is there any one else out there that had this kind of bother?

i have no clue bout php, can you tell me what i am looking for?

i would have thought seo urls would be one ofthe more popular contribs out there - is there any one else out there that had this kind of bother?

I'm using Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d by chemo without any problem, the links to download.php never been SEO modified. Please check your Ultimate SEO URLs v2.22 (has been removed from contributions) code or replace it with v2.1d.

Please check your Ultimate SEO URLs v2.22 (has been removed from contributions)

great - just what i need- mess about with that on a live shop arrrrggggg :angry:

suppose it needs doing... i wonder why it was retracted

Hi Alex,

This is a great contribution, worked great first time and just what I needed. Just curious, but did you consider generalizing the approach so that EVERY download is part of a file group, and if it's a single file it just means that the file group only has one file in it? See what I mean? I have scripts to populate the tables and it seems like a general approach would be an improvement?

My wish list, if you feel like it, it to make it so that the quantity is not shown for 'virtual' items. I see there is another contribution that does that, but I think it belongs as part of yours as well!

Many thanks,

Todd

Just curious, but did you consider generalizing the approach so that EVERY download is part of a file group, and if it's a single file it just means that the file group only has one file in it? See what I mean? I have scripts to populate the tables and it seems like a general approach would be an improvement?

I did think of replacing the single file assignment with file group, but decided not to do that because I don't think it's 'necessary'. There maybe some store owners already have hundreds of download files in their stores and it would be a big headache to move all single files to groups (hundres of groups with only one file in each, sounds really stupid).

My wish list, if you feel like it, it to make it so that the quantity is not shown for 'virtual' items. I see there is another contribution that does that, but I think it belongs as part of yours as well!

The quantity issue can be complicated if the product has both physical and virtual options. It's better not to include that feature in this contrbution because it is not really a problem showing quantity at back end. The rule of thumb, if you can live with it, don't worry about it.

I did think of replacing the single file assignment with file group, but decided not to do that because I don't think it's 'necessary'. There maybe some store owners already have hundreds of download files in their stores and it would be a big headache to move all single files to groups (hundres of groups with only one file in each, sounds really stupid).

The quantity issue can be complicated if the product has both physical and virtual options. It's better not to include that feature in this contrbution because it is not really a problem showing quantity at back end. The rule of thumb, if you can live with it, don't worry about it.

cool!

Hi all,

Thanks for the great module but I'm not understand #6 from Super_Download_Shop_v1.0/Install.html

Super_Download_Shop_v1.0/Install.html

In Payment modules which provided a Completed orders status settings, you can set it to the new Download Now Available status, or edit the Completed orders_status_id to a value above 10. With Downloads Controller, only those orders with an orders_status_id value exceeds 10 can have a working download link.

You may also need to modify other orders_status_id to be blocked by Downloads Controller, by setting the id value lower than 10 (or what ever you set to the Downloads Controller Order Status Value).

can some one explain what actually I need to do.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by core

Hi all,

Thanks for the great module but I'm not understand #6 from Super_Download_Shop_v1.0/Install.html

can some one explain what actually I need to do.

Thanks in advance.

Are you using any payment module which can update orders status automatically on payments completed?

Are you using any payment module which can update orders status automatically on payments completed?

Yes, I'm using 2CheckOut and for test using Cash on Delivery but Cash on Delivery won't appear when I installed.

Please advise.

Thanks

Yes, I'm using 2CheckOut and for test using Cash on Delivery but Cash on Delivery won't appear when I installed.

Please advise.

Thanks

Cash On Delivery won't work with downloads, because there is no delivery for downloads.

If you followed the install.html Setup Orders Status #1 ~ #5, then there should be 2 new orders status created, and orders_status_id set as 11 and 12. Then in 2CheckOut settings there is a Set Order Status option with a drop down menu for you to select an order status. Either you select the new 'Download Now Available' order status, or change the orders_status_id of the chosen one to a value greater than 10.

... Either you select the new 'Download Now Available' order status.

Ok I understand this by changing

Set Order Status

Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value

From Default to 'Download Now Available'

but where I can find this ? where is orders_status_id located?

..., or change the orders_status_id of the chosen one to a value greater than 10.

Thank you so much sir!

Thank you so much sir!

Sorry it's in #5.. I've chnage this already only a bit confiused on #6..

Is that nessesary to do both? (for batter make sure I think?)

Thanks in advance.

It's in your database table orders_status. Please refer to the install guide Setup Orders Status section #5 and look into the picture, orders_status_id is marked in a red box.

Is that nessesary to do both? (for batter make sure I think?)

No. If you have set Download Now Available with order_status_id 11, then just use it in your payment module's set order status option.

Everything was ok but

In Customer Order History

NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed

Event in admin I was

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

03/01/2007 17:02:30 True Pending

03/01/2007 17:04:06 True Processing

03/01/2007 17:04:12 True Delivered

03/01/2007 17:04:35 True Download Now Available

03/01/2007 17:05:16 True Updated

Please help.. thanks :)

Everything was ok but

In Customer Order History

Event in admin I was

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

03/01/2007 17:02:30 True Pending

03/01/2007 17:04:06 True Processing

03/01/2007 17:04:12 True Delivered

03/01/2007 17:04:35 True Download Now Available

03/01/2007 17:05:16 True Updated

Please help.. thanks :)

Oops...how come you have 5 different order statuses for a single payment?? :blink:

Oops...how come you have 5 different order statuses for a single payment?? :blink:

I just play around due I have not see any confirm payment link.

That one I'm using Credit Card payment and using test number.

Maybe it's not working with Credit Card module either?

any comment?

well, you can check your database orders table for the order you just made, and see what you got in the orders_status field.

in

Table: orders : orders_status

are ok and match 11 or 12 when I switch it.

Why in user/cuctomer still

Edited by core

what do you set in admin Configuartion -> Download -> Downloads Controller Order Status Value ?

what do you set in admin Configuartion -> Download -> Downloads Controller Order Status Value ?

Downloads Controller Order Status Value

Downloads Controller Order Status Value - Default=10

My set is 14

What should I add when my setting in orders_status_id is

11 Download Now Available

12 Updated