• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PROTX Form and 3d-secure

radders

I see that PROTX are contacting all their customers to inform them that 3D-secure will be needed for processing international Maestro Cards later this year (June?).

Would I be right in assuming that the PROTX Form module will need upgrading to allow this to happen? And does anyone know what changes will be needed?

TIA

David

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that PROTX are contacting all their customers to inform them that 3D-secure will be needed for processing international Maestro Cards later this year (June?).

Would I be right in assuming that the PROTX Form module will need upgrading to allow this to happen? And does anyone know what changes will be needed?

TIA

David

I'm also thinking that Protx Form will need to be modified - for 3D secure and possibly also because "pre-auth" transactions will not be supported. This is being replaced by something called "authenticate and authorise". A number of us will be affected no doubt. If necessary, I can have the module altered if people are willing to split costs - I'm still in contact with the author of the original contrib.

Thanks

Dave

up the down escalator..........

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just received another email from Protx about the update, they say "The changes to your code are trivial" so hopefully any changes should be minimal.

Dave, you mention that there would be a cost involved in making any change, how much would these costs be?

Thanks

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I've just received another email from Protx about the update, they say "The changes to your code are trivial" so hopefully any changes should be minimal.

Dave, you mention that there would be a cost involved in making any change, how much would these costs be?

Thanks

Trevor

Sorry for late reply - kinda busy. I will dimension this over the coming weeks and post back when I know more. Hopefully the changes are indeed "trivial".

cheers

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I can tell from the documentation, since we are already using the 2.22 protocol they say is required, there shouldn't be any changes required for 3D-Secure. All the same, I would love to know for certain. We haven't had this enabled on our account yet so cannot test it.

Edited by radders

I have just upgraded to 3D-Secure without making any changes to the module. Touch wood all the orders are going through as normal. I don't use any pre-auth or repeat payments etc. just the standard transactions.

I have just upgraded to 3D-Secure without making any changes to the module. Touch wood all the orders are going through as normal. I don't use any pre-auth or repeat payments etc. just the standard transactions.

Thanks for the update - presumably you are using the 2.22 protocol (or later?) - I will need to update the payment module for several clients :(

Which contrib. do you use please - I'll go with that as it seems to be working well for you.

Authenticate and Authorise - I have a couple of clients who can't use the "deferred" option so we'll need to look at "authenticate and authorise" as soon as Protx get their finger out with the test area - we've been unable to scope it so far due to delays at Protx - ho hum.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Well I have checked and at the time we installed it (August 2006) it was the latest version - protx form V1.0.9 cart details by Mike Jackson. I then added all the patches eg. success redirection, so it should be virtually the same as the current 1.09 version. It does indeed use the 2.22 protocol.

Best of luck with the changes

David

Hi Dave,

Well I have checked and at the time we installed it (August 2006) it was the latest version - protx form V1.0.9 cart details by Mike Jackson. I then added all the patches eg. success redirection, so it should be virtually the same as the current 1.09 version. It does indeed use the 2.22 protocol.

David

Thanks David - I'm hoping it should be straightforward; copy over the old module, input the encryption code, vendor etc and that should be it :sweating:

Is anybody else having problems with Protx form in the last couple of days? We are using the protx_form-V1.0.9 with the two patches installed (fix for success redirection error & redirect_success) but have had 3 transactions fail in the last 2 days. Protx say it is nothing to do with them and they said

This may be a PHP issue. Please go to the OScommerce contributions module where all the information surrounding this issue can be found.

We have never had a problem to date and then 3 in 2 days seems a bit weird.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Dave,

David

Hi David,

I've loaded the lastest module and all seems to be working except that the cart details are not passed to Protx i.e. it still shows "pay for My Store Name" at Protx. This is not critical but it would be nice to get it working correctly. Did you have any probs passing the cart details please? Looks like I may need to get my (dusty) coding hat on!

cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

We are still having problems with the 3d part but I suspect it's not to do with the contribution. Every time we switch 3d on the transaction fails, Protx support had a look into it and eventually came back and said that the reason it wasn't working was that Streamline hadn't turned on 3d at their end so another request was put in and we were told to wait 14 days for the switch on :angry:

Protx support have just come back today and said that they have found the reason that 3d transactions are failing is because we have the currency set as gbp and it should be GBP but for some reason when we change gbp to GBP all our prices go to 0 :'( Could somebody else who is using this contribution let me know how you have your currency set gbp or GBP

Thanks

Ian

We are still having problems with the 3d part but I suspect it's not to do with the contribution. Every time we switch 3d on the transaction fails, Protx support had a look into it and eventually came back and said that the reason it wasn't working was that Streamline hadn't turned on 3d at their end so another request was put in and we were told to wait 14 days for the switch on :angry:

Protx support have just come back today and said that they have found the reason that 3d transactions are failing is because we have the currency set as gbp and it should be GBP but for some reason when we change gbp to GBP all our prices go to 0 :'( Could somebody else who is using this contribution let me know how you have your currency set gbp or GBP

Thanks

Ian

Check your english.php file for the default currency set. I found this fixed the price being 0 issue.

Check your english.php file for the default currency set. I found this fixed the price being 0 issue.

Thanks Allen that seems to have fixed it :thumbsup:

Hopefully it will all work with Protx now.

Cheers

Ian

What I do find is that an additional 5% of perfectly good transactions are getting rejected now. :huh: Still if they are canny they can still pay by card using Paypal for the moment at least B)

For the record, i've just tested our transactions with 3D secure set to "on" in the Protx Admin and they work perfectly for Visa and Mastercards...

The Switch/Maestro card i tried did not work though so i've had to enable "allow none 3d secure cards" in the 3D secure payment rules under the Protx Admin section for this card to be processed..

Any thoughts on why the switch/maestro got knocked back ?

Edited by sp_

Hi,

I'm just about to have the contribution updated to cover 3D-Secure and support "authenticate and authorise". The code will also be cleaned up. I'm just looking to cover costs on this - so if anyone wants it when its done, I'd say $50 (or £25) will help towards it.

Please post or pm if you are interested.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

I'm just about to have the contribution updated to cover 3D-Secure and support "authenticate and authorise". The code will also be cleaned up. I'm just looking to cover costs on this - so if anyone wants it when its done, I'd say $50 (or £25) will help towards it.

Please post or pm if you are interested.

Thanks

Dave

Can you detail what the new code will do, i.e. what the current code is lacking? What is "authenticate and authorise" ?

Thanks

Floob.

Hi,

The code will be tidied up to core oscommerce standards. I appreciate that the existing contribution does use the 2.22 protocol and (apparently) supports 3D-Secure - at least in part. I'm not sure that the international Maestro check is supported however.

The update will support international Maestro plus all 3D-Secure and authenticate and authorise. The latter part is Protx's replacement for "preauth" which will be defunct in a couple of months time. Preauth is used by merchants who cannot guarantee to despatch and charge the card within a set number of days (I think 6?) which precludes the "deferred" payment option. You can read about this on the Protx news page.

So in summary, the update will be cleanly coded, support all current 3D-Secure options and "authenticate and authorise" (plus the existing "deferred" etc options).

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

We currently use protx direct but find that around 5-10% of transactions seem to fail. We would therefore like to use protx form as a backup.

We have installed the latest module and all seems to work fine apart from when the 'cancel' button in clicked when on the protx form itself.

We then get a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/......../catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 49 which refers to the The HTML href link wrapper function

the url being returned is: /checkout_payment.php?osCsid=&error_message=The+Customer+ABORTED+the+transaction+by+clicking+the+CANCEL+bu

tton+on+the+payment+screen.

Has anybody experienced this problem before?

Any help would be fantastic.

Kind Regards,

Paul.