• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Direct Payment & Express Checkout Error 10525

rwebb

This module has been installed. I have a business account with paypal and have accepted the billing terms, but the cards keep getting declined. This is the error message.... Any advice?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10525)

This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Richard

What other contributions do you have installed? How much is the order total? What version of the module are you using?

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

What other contributions do you have installed? How much is the order total? What version of the module are you using?

I have Proceed Directly to Checkout installed along with a Wordpress integration for that site... In terms of payment modules, I left the Credit Card module and old paypal there until I could get this working, but I can remove those now if that would make a difference. The order total is always always more than zero... usually between $5 to $15 for testing purposes.

I've asked my programmer Tom to participate in this discussion too and he'll know which version of the module was installed...

Thanks,

Richard

I am working with Richard on this. It seems what we send is being offset by "Order Total Discrepancy"

and Paypal is giving an error about the total being zero. THere are some comment around this code indicating it might be a little shaky. Has anyone seen this?

tom

http://www.readyink.com

[PaymentDetailsItem][Name]Panda Raspberry Bar - 3 x 1 oz.[/Name][Amount currencyID=USD]2.24[/Amount][Number]4851 (AS-SC018)[/Number][Quantity]1[/Quantity][/PaymentDetailsItem][PaymentDetailsItem][Name]Order Total Discrepancy[/Name][Amount currencyID=USD]-2.24[/Amount][Number]NA[/Number][Quantity]1[/Quantity][/PaymentDetailsItem]

I would suggest against using the betas as they are barely tested. If you need it for CCGV compatibility, here's a possible solution:

Open up /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and change this line:

if (trim($total) <> $item_total) {

to this:

if (tep_round($total - $item_total, 2) != 0) {

And see if that helps.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I would suggest against using the betas as they are barely tested. If you need it for CCGV compatibility, here's a possible solution:

Open up /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and change this line:

if (trim($total) <> $item_total) {

to this:

if (tep_round($total - $item_total, 2) != 0) {

And see if that helps.

Brian,

Tom made this change (above) so i tried it again and got the exact same error message below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10525)

This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions? btw, it seems like you already know the version number of the module, but just in case, here it is:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Also, if this is beta, which one should we be using?

thanks, Richard

I thought I'd mention too that a guy from Paypal tech support was looking at it yesterday and he said that there are 2 calls that are made....

1) Get Direct Payment and the other is 2) Do Direct Payment....

He said the first one was working but the 2nd one was not working.

Any suggestions on this?

Also, if this is beta, which one should we be using?

PayPal Website Payments Pro by dynamoeffects v0.8.2

To downgrade, you should only need to:

1) Go into your admin, Payment Modules, and "Remove" Paypal Direct Payments

2) Copy the /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php file from the zip and overwrite the version on your server.

3) Go into your admin, Payment Modules, and install the module

Brian, we did as you suggested and downgraded to the Version you suggested... Anyway, I am getting the following error message each time:

-------------------------------------------

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

No response from PayPal

No response was received from PayPal. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

-------------------------------------------

I also enabled the debug mode and here is the data that was sent to me..... What do I do now?

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------

------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------

-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------

-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] => Hidden

[Password] => Hidden

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Client

[faultstring] => Data type '' mismatch in element 'StartMonth'

)

---------------------------------TS_REQ------------------------------

--------Results of the transaction search if it was executed---------

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] =>

[Password] =>

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[TransactionSearchResponse] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Timestamp] => 2007-02-08T23:47:25Z

[Ack] => Success

[CorrelationID] => 9a93d7f57a745

[Version] => 2.000000

[build] => 1.0006

)

)

)

Edited by rwebb

I checked the module settings and the only thing I could see that could possibly be a problem was that the certificate URL said it must be an absolute path... it was previously set at:

home/www/www.MyURL.com/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key_pem.txt

so I changed it to:

http://www.MYURL.com/includes/modules/paym...ert_key_pem.txt

Then I got this error message, even though I verified the location of the file through my browser....

--------------------

Your Website Payments Pro API certificate could not be found. Please check the location in your administration section.

--------------------

Then, I tried with https:.... still same error message...

Then I tried with no http: nor https: just www....... still same error message.

Then I changed it back to the string listed above, still same error message..

Here are the module settings I have in place.....

You'll notice I don't have a Proxy Address... Do I need that?

(I did not include the true API URL Cert, nor username & password in this forum)

------------------------------------------------------------

Enable this Payment Module

True

Debug Mode

True

Payment Action

Sale

Live or Sandbox API

live

API Certificate

listed above

API Username

myusername_api1.MyURL.com

API Password

SomethingPassword

Proxy Address

Declined Cards

No

Express Checkout: Address Override

No

Express Checkout: Button Placement

No

Express Checkout: Verified Accounts Only

Yes

Express Checkout: Confirmed Address

Yes

Express Checkout: Display Payment Page

No

Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation

Yes

Express Checkout: Page Style

Transaction Currency

Always USD

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Processing

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, please help.... I am desperate to get this fixed....

Thanks,

Richard

No, the certificate location value should look like:

/home/www/www.MyURL.com/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key_pem.txt

Seeing as how this worked before, and doesn't work now, I'm leaning towards the idea that your username/password is incorrect. Make sure that it's your API username/password and NOT your normal PayPal username/password.

Install this script into your store, open it in your browser, and see what it says:

http://oscommerce.sunsite.dk/contributions...diagnostics.zip

No, the certificate location value should look like:

/home/www/www.MyURL.com/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key_pem.txt

Seeing as how this worked before, and doesn't work now, I'm leaning towards the idea that your username/password is incorrect. Make sure that it's your API username/password and NOT your normal PayPal username/password.

Install this script into your store, open it in your browser, and see what it says:

http://oscommerce.sunsite.dk/contributions...diagnostics.zip

It is definitely my API username/pass... I'll see if we can get the script installed for more info.... Also, I read somewhere about being a Godaddy user being a problem. This particular domain is registered at Godaddy, but not private registration.

Oh, that would by why. Set your proxy address field to: http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

I should have clarified that the site was only registered at Godaddy, not hosted there... Also, I made a mistake in the URL of the certificate... I had left out a www... Anyway, I am getting a no response from Paypal error now.

Just ran the diagnostics script.... and here are the results. Any suggestions now?:

---------------------------------------------

Paypal Website Payments Pro

Diagnostics Program

by Brian Burton (dynamoeffects)

Basic Tests

Using at least PHP 4.3.0? Yes

Does your store have an SSL certificate installed and working? Yes

Is cURL installed? Yes

Does cURL work? (Simple HTTP test) Yes

API Certificate installed? Yes

API Certificate directory protected? Yes

API Username in place? Yes

API Password in place? Yes

XML Document "doDirectPayment.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "doExpressCheckout.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "getExpressCheckoutDetails.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "setExpressCheckout.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "transactionSearch.xml" exists? Yes

Advanced Diagnostics

Able to connect to PayPal through cURL? Yes

Received a valid response? Yes

Did PayPal respond without errors? (If not, errors are below) Yes

Success!

Congratulations! This contribution appears to be correctly installed on your store!

Please note that if you're still having problems with your installation, it is most likely because you didn't completely integrate all of the code.

I'm thinking the problem is that you have new versions of the XML files while using an older version of the module. Try taking the XML files from the 0.8.2 version of the contribution located in /catalog/includes/wpp_xml and uploading them to your server, overwriting the existing ones.

I went back to the new beta version because I wasn't sure about how to downgrade properly. First I was told it was just one file, but then it seems I must also copy back over the .xml files. I will go back to the downgrade shortly.

With the new version I commented out the Order Discrepancy code to see if it would charge properly, but I still got the 'zero' error from Paypal. Some other strange things in the debug xml is that my shipping value is not there.

[OrderTotal currencyID=USD]0.00[/OrderTotal]

[OrderDescription]Order placed on February 9, 2007, 8:48 pm by tom friedel (ID: 24)[/OrderDescription]

[itemTotal currencyID=USD]0.01[/itemTotal]

[shippingTotal currencyID=USD][/shippingTotal]

[HandlingTotal currencyID=USD][/HandlingTotal]

[TaxTotal currencyID=USD]0[/TaxTotal]

[Custom]Phone: 8999999999 -- Email: [email protected][/Custom]

[invoiceID][/invoiceID]

[NotifyURL][/NotifyURL]

[buttonSource][/buttonSource]

tom ([email protected])

I guarantee that you'll be better off with 0.8.2. The latest betas are only jumping off points if someone else has more time than I do. I never intended them to be used for live transactions.

Brian, This is just an update and a quick question... Once we got Version 0.8.2 installed, it worked great and we're currently processing transactions. So, thanks for a great module... Now, we just need to roll it out to the other 4 sites :rolleyes:

On the Express Checkout, I've noticed that there is something called Express Checkout Page Style... I assume this is to customize the page(s) during that process... I am just not sure how to use this feature... Do I post a URL in that field or are there specific variables that represent different styles? Is there a way to add my website logo, etc on those pages?

Thanks,

Richard

Somewhere in your PayPal profile, you can setup your Page Styles, which allow you to change the logo at top as well as a few colors. When you save your settings, you save it with a name that you then input into your module's settings on your site.

Or even easier is to simply mark that Page Style as default on PayPal's site and you'll see that one from now on automatically.

Somewhere in your PayPal profile, you can setup your Page Styles, which allow you to change the logo at top as well as a few colors. When you save your settings, you save it with a name that you then input into your module's settings on your site.

Or even easier is to simply mark that Page Style as default on PayPal's site and you'll see that one from now on automatically.

Brian, thanks... I found the Custom Page Settings and I think that will work perfectly... Richard

• 2 weeks later...

We did get this working, and thank you for the assistance. We have, I believe, the beta in question and downgraded the xml and paypal_wpp.php

files.

On the checkout_payment page, I wonder if the button could be moved away from the normal credit card data entry section? No one would think (IMHO) to go all the way to the bottom to hit Continue, and I want to use the EC method only for people who have a Paypal acount, and keep that kind of seperate.

thank you,

tom friedel

http://www.readyink.com

I guarantee that you'll be better off with 0.8.2. The latest betas are only jumping off points if someone else has more time than I do. I never intended them to be used for live transactions.