• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do you accept credit cards and paypal

sbabicki

If you want to accept CC from your site then You need to use WPP for that You need a virtual termnal account.

else with other paypal account your customer moves to paypal site and there he can pay thru his paypal details or thru cc.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

There are different rules in different countries for accepting credit cards.

In my country (canada) you need to have a merchant account with a credit card processor. The more reputable your business is the better deal you will get.

I would google "credit card payment gateway (and you country)" and you should find out who operates in your country.

It is possible some of these companies operate beyond borders.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

How do i setup my osc site to take credit cards and paypal, i can see where i can install the module but after that i don't see any instructions to accept payments. can anyone help ... i am a total newb!

ok, when i get the wpp or merchant account setup, how to i link that to os commerce?

thanks for the info.

ok, when i get the wpp or merchant account setup, how to i link that to os commerce?

thanks for the info.

Ok say you got an account with quickpay (bogus name) then you would install the quickpay contribution and then you would configure it and that is it.

So before you set up an account make sure osc supports that gateway.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

I am new to this as well but, I thought paypal would accept the cc?

With PayPal you need a PayPal business account (www.paypal.com). Once you have the business account you enter the email address into the osCom PayPal module. Customers then get transferred to the PayPal site to pay and the money gets paid into your PayPal business account.

The flow is:

shopping cart -> checkout shipping -> checkout payment (where they'd select PayPal as payment method) -> checkout confirmation -> PAYAPAL SITE -> checkout success.

PayPal handles the cc acceptance and you do not need a merchant account to accept payments via PayPal.

But please note that PayPal is not available in all countries for receiving money and that the kind of service they offer can differ. If you check your country's PayPal site or give them a ring they will be able to advise you.

all the best - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Thanks for the info. I did set it up but, it doesn't transfer me to paypal. It just shows that paypal is the only payment choice (at checkout) but, no option to actually choose it. I do have a paypal business account but, can't seem to get it to work. If I install the Paypal WPP module do I have to uninstall the default paypal module that comes with osCommerce?

On Paypal setting in your admin set zone to none.

This might be one of the reasons.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.