• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] TinyMCE Anywhere

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that would matter a great deal either way as long as your admin, which is where it is used, is protected. The data being loaded wouldn't be secure unless ssl was enabled but it is only text so that shouldn't matter.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I have TinyMCE installede on an OSCommerce RC2 shop with ACA 2.63, STS 4.58, Header Tags SEO 3.07 and others mods and I have a little problem with product description: the TinyMCE editor only appears for the predeterminated language, not for the other one I use. I tried to change mode from "exact" to "textareas" and it worked... to well: image field and tags fields also became editable fields.

What could I do to make the two languages product description's fields editable?

Thank's in advance

Sébastien

• 1 month later...

Hi

I installes ACA 2.6.3 along with the mods the tinyMCE discriptions work but when I hit the ibrowser button I get Forbidden to access the ibrowser.php file and a 404 error.

I have made sure I cen access on the serever the file. At a loss

• 1 month later...
Hi

I installes ACA 2.6.3 along with the mods the tinyMCE discriptions work but when I hit the ibrowser button I get Forbidden to access the ibrowser.php file and a 404 error.

I have made sure I cen access on the serever the file. At a loss

I have same problem :(

My server is APACHE, under Windows XP

I remove "Ready-only" option from all needed folders, and added in securety tabs for those folders, "Everyone" user with full control.

But it also giveForbidden to acces!

what is the problem??? and what is the solution??

I remove "Ready-only" option from all needed folders, and added in securety tabs for those folders, "Everyone" user with full control.

this file deny .php script executing for public.

catalog\includes\.htaccess

i resolve this proble by adding file to this directory with this tex:

catalog\admin\includes\javascript\tiny_mce\plugins\ibrowser2\.htaccess

<Files *.php>

Order Allow,deny

Allow from all

</Files>

this file deny .php script executing for public.

catalog\includes\.htaccess

i resolve this proble by adding file to this directory with this text:

catalog\admin\includes\javascript\tiny_mce\plugins\ibrowser2\.htaccess

<Files *.php>

Order Allow,deny

Allow from all

</Files>

• 2 months later...
Try this. In the tiny_mce/general.php file, find this line
  content_css : "<?php echo HTTP_SERVER.DIR_WS_CATALOG ?>stylesheet.css",

and change it to

content_css : "<?php echo HTTP_SERVER.DIR_WS_CATALOG ?>admin/includes/stylesheet.css",

Jack

*confused*

Im having the same problem with this, but cat seem to find the general.php file in the tiny_mce directory? Could anyone help?

Ah its ok managed to fix it another similar way. In define_content.php I changed the line:

var osc_css = '<?php echo DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>';

To:

var osc_css = '<?php echo DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>/admin/';

:)

The code you modified starts with

if ($action == 'new_product') {

Which means that it will be processed only when editing a product, so won't work for categories.

Better duplicate the code and adapt it for categories: the action can be found in the URL when editing a category. The $str must be filled with the categories description textarea names, this can be found where textareas are created in categories.php, or in the html when editing a category.

- Chris

I know I'm replying to an old post, but there are always people out there looking for a solution ending up in this topic.

Thanks to the advise of Chris I managed to get TinyMCE Anywhere working with my previously installed contribution called "Category Description" which uses the modified categories.php file to process the description in stead of a separate category_description.php file.

The following code did the job for me:

<?php // START tinyMCE Anywhere for the products part
if ($action == 'new_product') { // No need to put JS on all pages.
 $languages = tep_get_languages(); // Get all languages
// Build list of textareas to convert
 for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
$str.="products_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
 }  //end for each language 
 $mce_str = rtrim ($str,","); // Removed the last comma from the string.
// You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.
 echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';
 include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";
} 
// END tinyMCE Anywhere  for the products part ?>

<?php // START tinyMCE Anywhere for the category part
if ($action == 'edit_category') { // No need to put JS on all pages.
$str.="categories_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
 }  //end for each language categories_description
// You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.
 echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';
} 
// END tinyMCE Anywhere  for the category part ?>

Hope it helps somebody.

• 1 month later...
can anyone tell me how to get this to work properly in categories.php

including image upload

Thanks

Johnny

Okay I have tinymce working in newsletter manager , for normal newsletters and affilaite newsletters but cant get it to work in categories.php, information_manager

can someone advise please i am guessing i am missing something simple but essential.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi All,

Thx for this great contrib, it work perfectly well for me. Now i'd like if possible to use tinymce with the index.php

for each language (not in admin) coz i'd like to change the welcome message and add some logos, so this contrib

is perfect to doing this job.

Thx for any help.

Rololo

Okay I have tinymce working in newsletter manager , for normal newsletters and affilaite newsletters but cant get it to work in categories.php, information_manager

can someone advise please i am guessing i am missing something simple but essential.

Thanks

Johnny

In general, to get it to work on any page, you need to search for the name of the textare control on that page. It will be something like
'categories_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']'

You then add that to the str code in that file (that was added by this contribution). There are instructions on how to do that in that section of code.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All,

Thx for this great contrib, it work perfectly well for me. Now i'd like if possible to use tinymce with the index.php

for each language (not in admin) coz i'd like to change the welcome message and add some logos, so this contrib

is perfect to doing this job.

Thx for any help.

Rololo

See the TextMaster contribution in My Addons or the Infomation Pages contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

In general, to get it to work on any page, you need to search for the name of the textare control on that page. It will be something like

You then add that to the str code in that file (that was added by this contribution). There are instructions on how to do that in that section of code.

Jack

You make it sound oh so simple, I will try this later today, and see how I get on.

Jack

Hi Jack, I get the editing box but the image thing doesn't work using code:-

<?php require_once( 'attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerHeader.inc.php' )?>
<!-- AJAX Attribute Manager  end -->
} 

} 

this does the products and categories description, the other thing is that html editor box is different from that in newsletter and that works okay.

<!-- START tinyMCE Anywhere //-->
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<?php include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/mail.php"; // END tinyMCE ?>

So I am probably missing something else somewhere?

Obviously the only difference appears to be the mail.php and general.php referencing.

The steps that get the image thing upload icon to work in categories.php or elsewhere is what I really need to get to work, also it doesnt appear to upload any description when using firefox browser over IE but in both the image upload doesn't work within the text description area.

Is it the tiny mce general.php file that needs altering or is it the page I want to use the tiny mce ie. catergories.php

Can you please advise

Thanks

Johnny

Hi Jack, I get the editing box but the image thing doesn't work using code:-

<?php require_once( 'attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerHeader.inc.php' )?>
<!-- AJAX Attribute Manager  end -->
} 

} 

this does the products and categories description, the other thing is that html editor box is different from that in newsletter and that works okay.

<!-- START tinyMCE Anywhere //-->
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<?php include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/mail.php"; // END tinyMCE ?>

So I am probably missing something else somewhere?

Obviously the only difference appears to be the mail.php and general.php referencing.

The steps that get the image thing upload icon to work in categories.php or elsewhere is what I really need to get to work, also it doesnt appear to upload any description when using firefox browser over IE but in both the image upload doesn't work within the text description area.

Is it the tiny mce general.php file that needs altering or is it the page I want to use the tiny mce ie. catergories.php

Can you please advise

Thanks

Johnny

all sorted was an error my general.php

Even with the code and its working well for the products.

My categories do not edit the same way.

ie. products get a seperate page to enter the information, whereas the categories its just a form at the end of the category selected for editing.

Which module do i need to edit it the same ways as I edit the products?

Thanks

Johnny :rolleyes:

Even with the code and its working well for the products.

My categories do not edit the same way.

ie. products get a seperate page to enter the information, whereas the categories its just a form at the end of the category selected for editing.

Which module do i need to edit it the same ways as I edit the products?

Thanks

Johnny :rolleyes:

Okay so I need the categories decription module but finding it difficult to install so I can edit the categories like I do the products.

With header tags seo, sts, and other modules installed starts getting very difficult to get these things to work.

If anyone can help it be much appreciated and think I should now go and have a long break so my cabbaged head can recover

Tried to use this in information manager but not getting the tinymce tool box task bar up at all its just showing a normal text are to fill in. using ipuv 2.047

The code you displayed is not correct. There should only be one instance of the TinyMCE code in the categories file. Also, if you have Header Tags SEO installed you shouldn't install the Categories Description contribution. Plus, Header Tags comes setup to use TinyMCE already, assuming you have the latest version installed.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I'd like to thank you for your contrib, this is exactly what i needed, great job!

I gonna check you others contribs ;)

B.regards.

Rololo.

See the TextMaster contribution in My Addons or the Infomation Pages contribution.

Jack