• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Connection to external databases

tmckinnon

I am trying to access a number of legacy databases from oscommerce.

After my initial investigation I thought I could do something like the following:

tep_db_connect(DB_LEGACY1_SERVER, DB_LEGACY1_SERVER_USERNAME, DB_LEGACY1_SERVER_PASSWORD, DB_LEGACY1_DATABASE, LEGACY1_db_link');

$temp_query = tep_db_query("SELECT count(*) as count from app_user", 'legacy1_db_link');

$temp_ent = tep_db_fetch_array($temp_query, 'legacy1_db_link');

tep_db_close('legacy1_db_link');

But this doesn't appear to do anything. The call to tep_db_query still goes against the main osc connection.

Anyway to do this?

Cheers

I am trying to access a number of legacy databases from oscommerce.

After my initial investigation I thought I could do something like the following:

tep_db_connect(DB_LEGACY1_SERVER, DB_LEGACY1_SERVER_USERNAME, DB_LEGACY1_SERVER_PASSWORD, DB_LEGACY1_DATABASE, LEGACY1_db_link');

$temp_query = tep_db_query("SELECT count(*) as count from app_user", 'legacy1_db_link');

$temp_ent = tep_db_fetch_array($temp_query, 'legacy1_db_link');

tep_db_close('legacy1_db_link');

But this doesn't appear to do anything. The call to tep_db_query still goes against the main osc connection.

Anyway to do this?

add connection string parameters to the configure.php file

create new functions to connect to and query the new db in the includes/functions/database.php file

Corrie

add connection string parameters to the configure.php file

create new functions to connect to and query the new db in the includes/functions/database.php file

Corrie

I did this:

tep_iqdb_connect(DB_LEGACY_SERVER, DB_LEGACY_SERVER_USERNAME, DB_LEGACY_SERVER_PASSWORD, DB_LEGACY_DATABASE, 'LEGACY_db_link') or die('Unable to connect to LEGACY database server!');

$temp_LEGACY_query = tep_iqdb_query("SELECT count(*) as count from app_user", 'LEGACY_db_link');

$temp_LEGACY = tep_db_fetch_array($temp_LEGACY_query);

print_r($temp_LEGACY);

tep_iqdb_close('LEGACY_db_link');

Where in: database.php I reimplemented all functions with theh $$link = 'db_link' to use the new constants.

When I try the code above it still says:

1146 - Table 'osc_dev.app_user' doesn't exist

SELECT count(*) as count from app_user

[TEP STOP]

The new db should be legacy_test.app_user.

Am I missing something else?

Archived