• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I vhange the middle secion of my main page

shkad14

First off. I bought this Oscommerce store off Ebay www.pcsgamer.com I know nothing about php or any other stuff. I want that new products catagory in the middle of my page to be a "specials catagory" instead. Any super easy ways to accomplish this?

I cant even successfully add meta tags. I defined my title keywords and descriptions in the english.main page. My title works, but I have no keyword or description. I did insert two php lines for the meta tag content into my main index.php page and products_info page, but I still get no meta tags displaying.

Anyway, my main page sux. PLease give me some super easy ways to make it look better and get my specials in the middle section of the page

Thanks

K, i got the web address, and i'l do what i can to help you. This isn't the right forum for it, buti'm going to recomend you install some contributions to help make it seem like it really is.

First of all, go back and undo whatever changes you've made to the main index.php and products_info.php, those are NOT files you should edit until you know exactly what your doing.

I'l follow up with some more stuff in a moment, but i want you to do that first, because your store is kinda broken at the moment.

My website's address is in My Profile, since it's not allowed to be in my signature.

To the best of my knowledge there is no contribution to put the "specials" where you currently see "new products for january". at my site i use a contribution that puts my categories down there, it looks really nice.

to edit the info above that, where you've got your welcome message, that's all in

/includes/languages/english/index.php

there's a --- define('TEXT_MAIN',

line there around line 25, it's real HTML, whereas most of the rest of that file is PHP, and you probably shouldn't mess with it unless you know PHP.

I think that's about all i can offer for now.

My website's address is in My Profile, since it's not allowed to be in my signature.

K, i got the web address, and i'l do what i can to help you. This isn't the right forum for it, buti'm going to recomend you install some contributions to help make it seem like it really is.

First of all, go back and undo whatever changes you've made to the main index.php and products_info.php, those are NOT files you should edit until you know exactly what your doing.

I'l follow up with some more stuff in a moment, but i want you to do that first, because your store is kinda broken at the moment.

I think I fixed everything. I do not think there are any more broken links. All pages seem to be 100%

I just hate that catagory in the middle of my page.