• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Yahoo dropping everyone in the last week

jpweber

Has anyone seen a sharp decline in the number of yahoo links recently? I don't know what they're up to. I (and several others) have noticed a huge decline recently.

I use JackMCS's SEO Assistant, and I went from 1300 yahoo links to 750 yahoo links in less than a week. People I know have experienced the same.

Anyone know what's going on with yahoo?

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Yahoo did do something during that week, but I'm now back up to 2300 yahoo links, in just a short time later.

Google is quick to eliminate your backlinks, and they're really slow at adding them. Persistence eventually pays with Google.

Jason

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Well, Yahoo did do something during that week, but I'm now back up to 2300 yahoo links, in just a short time later.

Google is quick to eliminate your backlinks, and they're really slow at adding them. Persistence eventually pays with Google.

Dear Sir,

Nice to know you are still in success, but i wondered if you could let me, within the header of oscommerce introduction page i know how to replace the top left hand logo to mine, but i was wondered how i can place text across the top in marquee, i know how to place it in html pages, but with oscommerce being php, i would like to know how i can input marquee text, or some other text animations (dhtml, javascript) into php enabled pages, whether it be the header, footer or main body.

I think you should also take a look at this, and let others become aware of this outrageousness:

http://savenetmarketing.blogspot.com/

My reply should be visible just look for my name.

Thanks, Tammy.

Tammy, you'll need to download one of the following contributions and follow the readme instructions carefully: http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...mp;category=all

Specifically, the scrolling marquee in the header is found here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2743/

Good luck.

Jason

To me Yahoo is fine, Google has got something going on though, dropping 800 links or so.

Guess its sit tight and wait for them to go up again.

I believe Google did a PR update in early January, which means they'll do another one in April or May or so. But Google has 40+ datacenters around the globe, and each one updates at different rates.

Jason

Archived