• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Pay Flow Pro

drews1f

Hello,

I have just installed a new version of os commerce along with the most recent pay flow pro contribution.

I followed the readme word for word, replacing the lines in the 2 checkout .php files and chmodding the two files in /bin/.

However im having the following problem:

when i sign up for an account, add an item and goto the checkout I am presented with the Pay Flow Pro payment module. I am currently using the hostname test-payflow.veritas.com (or whatever it is).

I enter a random card no. ie 4111 1111 1111 1111 along with a random CVV and expiry date but it doesnt work. It proceeds to the 3rd page but when u confirm the sale it skips back to page 2 everytime.

Does anyone have any idea why? Is there anyway to include a way to pay for items from current paypal funds also?

Cheers,

Andrew Robins

I am having the same problem. Although for what it is worth the software program I programmed to go through Payflow Pro has always worked except for today it does not. Payflow's test server seems to be busy today. So I am going to keep trying through the program that has always worked on the test server and when that comes up I will let you know. At least then we can't blame paypal. B)

Please let me know if you find anything... like I said I am getting that exact same thing.

Sorry to annoy but I when the page is redirected back to checkout_payment.php It is attached with error_message=Credit+Card+Error%21+Please+try+again. Looking up error 21 in the payflow pro book it says this si a "proxy write failed." Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to annoy but I when the page is redirected back to checkout_payment.php It is attached with error_message=Credit+Card+Error%21+Please+try+again. Looking up error 21 in the payflow pro book it says this si a "proxy write failed." Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

As Landerson said, I also have the Proxy write error. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this as I am desperate to get trading!

Cheers

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has anyone got a fix to this? I can't get the thing working at all, and noone seems to know what is going on.

Also getting this error. I don't use a proxy server.

I'm hosted with GoDaddy, just to put that out there.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

Also getting this error. I don't use a proxy server.

I'm hosted with GoDaddy, just to put that out there.

Same here - installing on a shared SSL (Bluehost) gives me error 21 every time - all other payment gateways work (including PayPal IPN) but this one fails all the time

Baffled

Same here - installing on a shared SSL (Bluehost) gives me error 21 every time - all other payment gateways work (including PayPal IPN) but this one fails all the time

Baffled

Finally got it working today. The problem was the path to the files, I used this contrib: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1019 to get it working....there are others, but this one works. I added a complete install file that details how to install the stupid thing and get all the paths set up properly.

Give me a PM if you can't figure it after trying this contrib.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

Finally got it working today. The problem was the path to the files, I used this contrib: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1019 to get it working....there are others, but this one works. I added a complete install file that details how to install the stupid thing and get all the paths set up properly.

Give me a PM if you can't figure it after trying this contrib.

OK, maybe I'm being stupid, but none of the downloads in this this contribution string have the contents of the /bin directory. Where can I find those?

thanks!

/russg

OK, maybe I'm being stupid, but none of the downloads in this this contribution string have the contents of the /bin directory. Where can I find those?

thanks!

/russg

I guess you're right, I downloaded another payflow module and ripped the /bin files from it. You could also get them straight from the dev kit from Paypal too. This is the contrib that I got my files from:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,payflow

Good luck.

Installed Modules:

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, these were the /bin files I was using, and I still get the 'Credit Card Error' message.

Two questions:

1. Does this contribution work in the test mode?

2. Any tips on how to debug this as far as log files or other info?

thanks!

/russg

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, these were the /bin files I was using, and I still get the 'Credit Card Error' message.

Two questions:

1. Does this contribution work in the test mode?

2. Any tips on how to debug this as far as log files or other info?

thanks!

/russg

I never used test mode, the other contrib I grabbed files from said it absolutely did not work in test mode so you might want to try setting it to live if you can and just use the bogus cc# 4111111111111111 for testing. If you get the Credit+Card+Error%21+Declined you'll know it worked, if you get the generic Credit+Card+Error%21 then you'll know your module is not working yet. I think :rolleyes:

Debugging Tips:

1. be sure appropriate permissions are set for the /bin files and folders.

2. be sure the executable name in the admin module is not pfpro.so, but simply pfpro

3. If you are using godaddy as your host, or bluehost, or any other host that requires a proxy server to run payflow you will need their proxy server info. A quick call to tech support might work, but godaddy's was typically worthless and told me they don't support payflow at all....their help files however, proved worth their weight as they gave me what I needed. Tip: don't use the native search when digging through knowledge bases, use google instead and type, site:godaddy.com payflow...sad but it works much better.

4. Godaddy told me they required me to use a php.ini file that specifies the location of the certs folder for payflow, this was not true since I was using my own payflow files. If you can find the location of payflow files on your server, then you might try using them to simplify things. That's a bit of a gamble since in my experience most hosts don't know much about payflow, less about paths, and even less about permissions regarding both.

5. Try looking through the module payflowpro.php and the function pfpro.php near the top to make sure none of the default settings are causing problems for your configuration. There is a section where you can hard code in the paths, proxy server, etc. and there's a section where you can tell pfpro to look in the php.ini for the paths, etc.

If you get through all that and can't get it, let me know and I'll send a screenie of my admin config and my pfpro.php and payflowpro.php files and you can try them. At least that way you'll know if its your server or if its your files.

Mind you I'm no expert in this, more just a hack, and I spent 1 day alone working on this stupid thing. The contrib is really misleading IMO in that it says, its really an easy install just drag and drop! Well, not so for everybody I'd say.

Edited by mthierfelder

Installed Modules:

Hmmm... still no luck. I'm back trying to get the payflow pro test.sh script to run. It runs fine on my windows box at home (so the account is alive and working on the payflow side), but on the Linux side, I get this:

***> Performing 'pfpro' binary test transaction.....

.:../lib:.:../lib:

./pfpro: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Done with 'pfpro' binary test transaction...

I'm not a linux person, but there was no libc.so.6 in the distribution. What am I missing?

Any advice appreciated, or if you are willing to share your admin config and my pfpro.php and payflowpro.php files I'd appreciate it.

thanks,

/russ