• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove the "Categories" from sub categories.

brainlag

image1.jpg

I'm trying to remove the item circled in red. I searched , but "categories" is a very popular search term and I never found out how to remove/move this item.

This is the same place the manufacturers dropdown list appears and I would like to move that as well - below my category image header.

If you have any tips, I appreciate them :D

Edited by brainlag

image1.jpg

I'm trying to remove the item circled in red. I searched , but "categories" is a very popular search term and I never found out how to remove/move this item.

This is the same place the manufacturers dropdown list appears and I would like to move that as well - below my category image header.

If you have any tips, I appreciate them :D

That language define you will find inside (catalog)/includes/languages/english/index.php with the section

} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');

that worked great for the Categories, I removed the reference to the text.

However, the "Show Manufacturers" is still located in the same place. Is there a way to make it below the category image?

Yes. You will have to go through the (catalog)/index.php and change the way the next code part is done:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
	$filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
  } else {
	$filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
  }
  $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
  if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
	echo '			<td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
	  $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
	} else {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
	  $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
	}
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
	while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
	  $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
	}
	echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
	echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
  }
}

// Get the right image for the top-right
$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
  $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
  $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
  $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
} elseif ($current_category_id) {
  $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
  $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
  $image = $image['categories_image'];
}
?>
		<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

• 4 months later...

Instead of completely removing the "Category" word, is there a way to show the name of the category you are currently viewing?

For example, using my real categories...

Let's say the breadcrumb trail is catalog-> scrapbooking-> tools -> Punches

I would like the word Punches to show where the Categories word currently is.